RELEASED WTF? - viliame fifita and alec tuitavake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who cares about the dragons. If Flanagan goes he goes.it will mean we are running/ doing really well! Which is what we want. I am pretty confident he will not be taking the crème of our talent if his gets a FG gig. I would imagine there will be clauses in his current contract that would make this difficult .

How do you know Flanno didn't give heads up to Dragons and/or managers of Fifita and Tuitavake? Regardless of clauses, this happens all the time as it is almost impossible to prove if that person ( I.e. Flanagan) is not already on Dragons recruitment committee
Fair enough! But the point is we have no idea. So no point in thinking the worst in my humble view.

There's a zerotackle article saying the whole thing is off. Mestrov and the club have stood their ground.

The whole thing was probably just Tartak angling for extra cash. The prick.
DT are reporting that Tuitavake has been released immediately but Fifita won’t be.It also says Fifita is contracted til end of ‘24,so some very dodgy dealings going on

Flannagan should stipulate that when he signs on as head coach his son must be halfback.

There's a zerotackle article saying the whole thing is off. Mestrov and the club have stood their ground.

The whole thing was probably just Tartak angling for extra cash. The prick.
Yeah, thinking that myself. Someone on here said he saw Fafita and Tuiavake walking near the players tunnel in suits with Manly logos during the game. If they were contemplating leaving why would you suit up with Manly branded suits, this says to me, we're staying.

Yeah, thinking that myself. Someone on here said he saw Fafita and Tuiavake walking near the players tunnel in suits with Manly logos during the game. If they were contemplating leaving why would you suit up with Manly branded suits, this says to me, we're staying.
I would suggest the players do not get to choose what they wear to a club game

So the one thing here, young Fifita under contract for next 2 seasons and manly not given him permission. Tartak in breach and so are the Dragons?
The whole player agent arrangement in NRL is a farce.
In particular regarding conflict of interest, which necessarily arises whenever an agent has multiple players at one club or is trying to get a player into a club where the agent already has other clients. The salary cap and limit of a top 30 squad means if one gets a spot then another can't, if one gets more money there is less for the others, etc etc.
As for enforceability of ethical standards and compliance with NRL rules - yeah right, if Manly goes to dob in Tartak then Tarkak might use his influence for revenge when we try to retain some our best young talent.
Not sure how agents work in the big overseas sports but I suspect they are much more tightly regulated.

In particular regarding conflict of interest, which necessarily arises whenever an agent has multiple players at one club or is trying to get a player into a club where the agent already has other clients. The salary cap and limit of a top 30 squad means if one gets a spot then another can't, if one gets more money there is less for the others, etc etc.
As for enforceability of ethical standards and compliance with NRL rules - yeah right, if Manly goes to dob in Tartak then Tarkak might use his influence for revenge when we try to retain some our best young talent.
Not sure how agents work in the big overseas sports but I suspect they are much more tightly regulated.
It's a joke, basically all our last 5 to 6 years of player development in a big way could be stuffed by one guy.
It's becoming clearer he is a parasite, the issue with Josh and yes it was Foz time to move on. The koula stuff imo he leaked it to media and Olakau’atu being 3 years to run but more dough.
From my understanding both Koula and Olakau’atu are both getting significant upgrades negotiated.
Making matters more complicated Josh Schuster off contract 2024 which means come November 1 can talk to clubs
Imo his conduct is borderline being deregistered

The same situation that’s going on now with Fifita and Tuitavake,is how Manly acquired Saab from the Dragons,minus the laughable excuse that Saab was tired of driving to Woollongong.No surprise that Tartak was the manager in that case as well

The same situation that’s going on now with Fifita and Tuitavake,is how Manly acquired Saab from the Dragons,minus the laughable excuse that Saab was tired of driving to Woollongong.No surprise that Tartak was the manager in that case as well
How about Aloiai? It's certainly not just Tartak.
Player agents are supposedly forbidden from approaching a club about a player without their player's prior approval. They are forbidden from encouraging a player to breach a current contract ... sounds good, but how is any of that enforceable in practical terms?

It's important that players have someone looking out for their interests, albeit as fans we are probably more concerned about the club's interest. But the current system just looks dodgy as hell, the rules around protection of both player and club can't effectively be policed.

All that's left is to try to make sure the players you have are happy in their club environment, so want to stay. If we're winning that helps massively, it's a big part of how Storm, Chooks etc have been able to retain a lot of their good players.

Weren’t both Saab & Aloiai on the outer with Saints & Tigers, so understandable then wanting out as not getting game time in first grade, but this horse trading of young blokes who haven’t even debuted in firsts is a bit much IMO.

Still probably and at this stage just boils down to opportunity and a bit more money for this pair . No doubt still promising but Alex having issues at playing to a higher level although injuries obviously have not helped . Viliame seems a bit of a late bloomer in some ways but seems to be able to mix it on a bigger stage now also . Can 't be naturally be rated ahead of Jake , Tent and to a lesser extent Keppie right now If he can maintain his improvement , realistically could push Bulemor , definitely Sipley and maybe Burbo for a game day 17 inclusion. Then Lawton now back in some favor to be included on the bench and trying to accommodate Weekes also . Viliame probably quite indifferent with the overall situation but quite understandably would like to be seeing some good opportunities coming up to crack a game day 17 spot and a bit of a pay upgrade . Not too sure when it going to apply but that additional cap allocation of some 2 . 5 mil . should be available to the clubs soon to distribute as they see fit .

Then ideally Sam Fainu should be a priority retention as well and also seems to have that versatility in the pack . That backrower Stuckey ? looks to go well in Blacktown but only so many top squad positions and there is definitely that degree of depth in the forward stocks with the likes of Zac Fulton a bit down in the pecking order now . Anyway for the coaching staff and retention committee to sort out and to try and get the best available or manageable balance .

Still probably and at this stage just boils down to opportunity and a bit more money for this pair . No doubt still promising but Alex having issues at playing to a higher level although injuries obviously have not helped . Viliame seems a bit of a late bloomer in some ways but seems to be able to mix it on a bigger stage now also . Can 't be naturally be rated ahead of Jake , Tent and to a lesser extent Keppie right now If he can maintain his improvement , realistically could push Bulemor , definitely Sipley and maybe Burbo for a game day 17 inclusion. Then Lawton now back in some favor to be included on the bench and trying to accommodate Weekes also . Viliame probably quite indifferent with the overall situation but quite understandably would like to be seeing some good opportunities coming up to crack a game day 17 spot and a bit of a pay upgrade . Not too sure when it going to apply but that additional cap allocation of some 2 . 5 mil . should be available to the clubs soon to distribute as they see fit .
I think its dollars as well I would assume olakau'atu upgrade would see him in area if 800k and koula prob around that 600 mark.
Our top middles are Jake, paseka, aloiai, bully and then sipley. At best young Fifita may take a bench spot.
Sam fainu I would see as a starter in 13 months he get past tuilagi imo.
I get it's about opportunity for these kids.

I think its dollars as well I would assume olakau'atu upgrade would see him in area if 800k and koula prob around that 600 mark.
Our top middles are Jake, paseka, aloiai, bully and then sipley. At best young Fifita may take a bench spot.
Sam fainu I would see as a starter in 13 months he get past tuilagi imo.
I get it's about opportunity for these kids.
i 'd probably go 700 - 50 for Olakau - atu and maybe 500 k for Koula , well at this stage . incidental in some respects and just ball park suggestions [ for me ] but hard to deny both a decent upgrade

i 'd probably go 700 - 50 for Olakau - atu and maybe 500 k for Koula , well at this stage . incidental in some respects and just ball park suggestions [ for me ] but hard to deny both a decent upgrade
Yeah Olakau’atu has been superb and koula showed alot of potential

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4