RELEASED WTF? - viliame fifita and alec tuitavake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Schuster is still young and has plenty of time to achieve his potential. Des frustrated me for sure but it’s a two way street.

And a tip ... it ain't over yet ... he still has fitness and defence issues ... but at least he is heading in the right direction ..
talent: off the charts
fitness and defence: B+
resilience, mental and physical: tba

I reckon he's going to make it, bigtime, and if he does I think he'll look back and be thankful for those tough lessons he needed to have over the last 2 seasons.

I do worry that Schuster will drift in and out of fitness between seasons. When he's on he is spectacular, but it's tough for those guys who naturally carry a bit of extra padding, so sooner or later he will probably have a blow out. He's gonna have to have some discipline that's for sure.

The Dragons are interviewing potential new coach for 2024 with Shane Flanagan being one of them. We should have signed Flanagan as Head coach.
It is interesting when we are doing well the assistant seems to be getting the credit....but only one of the assistants and if we start losing I bet its the head coach that will cop it.

Very curious

Last edited:
Don't think Shane will be the front-runner for the gig...

An article in Fox league states..

"Roosters assistant and ex-Dragons player Jason Ryles is viewed as one of the frontrunners to become their next coach while the club will contact Craig Bellamy, as they did in 2012 when they tried to poach the Storm mastermind.

I think the Dragons top two preferences will the Ryles and Dean Young.
I think a lot of people are in the mix tbh. Got a feeling Saints may offer just a one year deal, but if they make the semis it'll trigger an automatic further 2yr deal. If I was a Saints fan, that's the way I'd want it to go.

Ryles, Barrett, Hornby, young.. why so many ex saints players out there? They don’t exactly inspire confidence.

Saints would be mad not to offer Anthony Mundine a shot at head coach, 5 year deal.

Last edited:
Fifita named on the bench for Blacktown, doesn’t even make our extended squad. Doesn’t look like we are doing much to placate the situation?

Fifita named on the bench for Blacktown, doesn’t even make our extended squad. Doesn’t look like we are doing much to placate the situation?
He's been injured since the trials, nothing wrong with putting him on the bench. He's still a very good chance of an NRL debut soon I'd think. Possibly Sips is next up, but forwards get hurt and suspended a lot, we've just been lucky so far.

Flanagan was always going to be a temporary arrangement. Penn / Mestrov chose Seibs who recruited Flanagan and Dymock. People seem to be quick to want to give Flanagan all of the credit and IMO there is no reasonable basis for that. I’m prepared to accept it’s a collective effort. I except Seibold is learning from Flanagan and one season is sufficient for that purpose. Seibs is a Manly man whereas Flanno is not.

Ryles, Barrett, Hornby, young.. why so many ex saints players out there? They don’t exactly inspire confidence.

Saints would be mad not to offer Anthony Mundine a shot at head coach, 5 year deal.
All from the wayne bennett days?

A change of coach will only fix part if the problem at St Merge it looks like front office needs a reset.

He's been injured since the trials, nothing wrong with putting him on the bench. He's still a very good chance of an NRL debut soon I'd think. Possibly Sips is next up, but forwards get hurt and suspended a lot, we've just been lucky so far.

He was named for Blacktown last week too! Not sure if he played or not

We do lnt need Boyle or sipley to be next up. We all know what they can and can’t do in firsts.

We should be giving Fifita a taste to measure him in firsts and maybe reassure him he has a future here and is part of the plan

Sipley and Boyle are simply depth. Not up and comers with unknown potential/value

Flanagan has lots of mates at Fox pumping him up at every opportunity. Fox have done the same for a few other coaches who were in their ranks in the past too including the 'great' Anthony Griffin and even Tooves. They'll pump up Flanagan's tires at every opportunity if Manly win a few games + most of them don't seem to like Seibold and vice versa.

Does always worry me when an assistant coach gets a head coaching role elsewhere cause they always raid the cookie jar before leaving home.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4