RELEASED WTF? - viliame fifita and alec tuitavake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wouldn't be surprised if no contract has been signed and the article from last week was bull****e. If that is the case no one has done anything illegal. It's just manager shenanigans. Could be that they both wanna stay and Tartak is just angling for an upgrade.
I reckon this - Tartak’s making noises in the media in the hope somewhere along the line there’s a misunderstanding between parties resulting in one or both players feeling a bit miffed & suddenly it’s “he/they aren’t happy at Manly” & Tartak can use it as leverage to get big contracts for them elsewhere.

I am not missing the point. You and I have no idea what had been promised to Schuster, tuitavake or fifita by Des.

Remember Olakau’atu only started playing first grade a few years back because of injuries to other 2nd rowers like Sirro and Jetski, not through any Des insights or giving a young guy a chance- now his mgr got his contract upgraded and he is happy and so is Manly. Would you prefer him unhappy and leave?

Manly extending and playing Morgan Boyle show how low in the pecking order tuitavake and fifita actually are.

All I see is a mgr sticking up for his client's. And Yes Tartak should be sanctioned by the NRL for shopping fifita around while still under contract.

The NRL should implement a rule that player managers don't get ANY commission if a player leaves a contract via early release.
THIS IS 100% GOLD. What a great idea.

Id go even further and Institute a manager in-season transfer request fee. Let's say $50000 if a manager approaches a club and requests a transfer in season. that and a rule where as you say the manager in question is limited to the contractual fees of whichever deal is lower, if the transfer does go through. That would effectively end any carrot for a manager to force a contract break mid contract.

Foran should never have re-entered. No wonder Schu and his mgr were confused.
A Des disaster by signing his fav $$ grabbing son.

Thank christ Schu actually wants to play for Manly. We have til Nov 1st to extend his contract.
Mestrov, keep up the good work and get it done.
st going to add the above video again. my feelings towards the Des bashing made clear.....

I get all that Bear but why would you apparently just shut out your current employer by running off and signing with someone else and not offering your current employer, who has been loyal to you and no doubt supported you thru injury and rehab etc ,the opportunity to match or exceed what the alleged new offer is (assuming you are happy to stay there ,which Mestrov said they were) ?
I'm sure there is more to it but it also doesn't make sense to create enemies with the clubs either ,its all swings and round abouts after all .No one has all the power and no one is totally powerless, they all need each other to varying degrees i.e clubs ,players and managers .
I also find it strange that Tartak would just blatantly peddle his player to another club if he is actually contracted till 2024 anyways .Maybe I can smell BS here and Tartak is just trying to squeeze an a pay rise ,so that he can upgrade his Merc.

I understand your frustration Highflyer but then we dont know what the full story is.

The manager would be acting at the request of the player. He may suggest options but the player isnt going to just do what the manager tells him to do. That's their decision.

Certainly it is confusing that a player with 2 years on his contract would be canvassing other options, if the club didnt seem interested in releasing them. Maybe the players saw gold being offered, and maybe the manager had been surreptitiously notified by certain people at St George, and thought they could force a release. Again, that's the players' decisions not the managers, who would be just following the players' instructions. Different with someone like Gutherson who had a 3 year contract with Manly then went to Parra. He seems to have done it with Manly's blessings probably because of salary cap constraints and they thought he wasnt needed. This is quite different. Obviously the decision makers at Manly had no intention of releasing them (we think). The manager knows the rules. The remark that he is surprised by Manly's action, indicates to me that conflicting messages are coming from somewhere.

As you say why would he try to have a player sign with another club when he has two years left on his contract and the club has not been notified. Wasted effort wouldnt you think. Smells to me like he's been told one thing and has proceeded with that belief, and suddenly has been told its a no go. Like I suggested there's much more to this and I wouldnt be surprised if there's been mixed messages.

Wouldn't be surprised if no contract has been signed and the article from last week was bull****e. If that is the case no one has done anything illegal. It's just manager shenanigans. Could be that they both wanna stay and Tartak is just angling for an upgrade.
Apparently Fifita and Tuitavake were spotted at the game dressed in Manly branded suits. Just going on body language, I'd say they want to stay.

It wasn't minimum but it was heavily subsidised through a third party. At a guess there is roughly 150k between what Schuey is on and what Foz is on. Watching them both play on the weekend I reckon we are better off without Foz.
Foran was on about 350 k from what has been reprted. went to the tits for 400 for 2

surprisingly, recently on NRL 360 brent read made the statement that schuster was on big money at manly. Not sure what that means

It wasn't minimum but it was heavily subsidised through a third party. At a guess there is roughly 150k between what Schuey is on and what Foz is on. Watching them both play on the weekend I reckon we are better off without Foz.
They said from the beginning how much Schuster was going to learn from Foran .After watching them playing 5/8 ,I think Foran should have been learning from Schuster .Manly needed an X Factor for the last 2 years and just realize now that they had one all that time wasted in the second row .The only person that was fighting for Schuster to play 5/8 was his manager . Let's go Manly .

They said from the beginning how much Schuster was going to learn from Foran .After watching them playing 5/8 ,I think Foran should have been learning from Schuster .Manly needed an X Factor for the last 2 years and just realize now that they had one all that time wasted in the second row .The only person that was fighting for Schuster to play 5/8 was his manager . Let's go Manly .

Bravo 100%
I have been rabbiting on about this for over two years when Des signed Foran !!

Bravo 100%
I have been rabbiting on about this for over two years when Des signed Foran !!

Yes you have ... ad nauseum ... and attacked anybody with genuine criticism of the Shu ..

Now Shuster has revealed that DCE pulled him aside last year and told him he .. "would have a short career" .... it was the wake up call he said he needed to change ...

This would indicate to most people that those, who were critical of elements of the shu's performances, including his own Captain, were, according to the shu himself ... warranted ..

It is okay to be a fan boi .... but being blind to faults .. and attacking critics ... does nothing to help.

The only good ending to this is that maybe Schuster was not approached by another club to come over and play 5/8 in the last 2 years .Also there are a lot of fake news out there as some journalists do not like Manly .Anyway let's all move forward and cheer the boys as they are humming along .Manly should try their best to hold on to Fifita and Tuitavake .

Yes you have ... ad nauseum ... and attacked anybody with genuine criticism of the Shu ..

Now Shuster has revealed that DCE pulled him aside last year and told him he .. "would have a short career" .... it was the wake ucall he said he needed to change ...

This would indicate to most people that those, who were critical of elements of the shu's performances, including his own Captain, were, according to the shu himself ... warranted ..

It is okay to be a fan boi .... but being blind to faults .. and attacking critics ... does nothing to help.

Woody, you are alive. Good to see. Must have been hard searching the internet and waiting to find something negative you could grab a hold of.

Bravo what DCE said and Bravo to Schu for taking it on board. He certainly did not seem to get that level of communication from Des and his so called mentor $$ Foran.

Remember DCE has real experience with Des and his short sighted ness. Remember Hodkinson? Des's first choice half back in front of DCE. How did that decision go?

Putting words into others mouths I see. I never said Schu was beyond fault.

But at least I supported the kid - a lot more than I can say about you and your flock of doubters.

Last edited:
Woody, you are alive. Good to see. Must have been hard searching the internet and waiting to find something negative you could grab a hold of.

Bravo what DCE said and Bravo to Schu for taking it on board. He certainly did not seem to get that level of communication from Des and his so called mentor $$ Foran.

Remember DCE has real experience with Des and his short sighted ness. Remember Hodkinson? Des's first choice half back in front of DCE. How did that decision go?

Putting words into others mouths I see. I never said Schu was beyond fault.

But at least I supported the kid - a lot more than I can say about you and your flock of doubters.

Your delusional .. the entire silvertails community supported and hoped the best for the Shu ... and still do ..

And a tip ... it ain't over yet ... he still has fitness and defence issues ... but at least he is heading in the right direction ..

• 👍
Reactions: JBW

Now Shuster has revealed that DCE pulled him aside last year and told him he .. "would have a short career" .... it was the wake up call he said he needed to change ...

Quite reasonable to say Woodsie in my opinion. Last year he lost his way. Injury didnt help but he seemed to lose his enthusiasm. With the opportunity to finally fill the role best suited to him, he went out of his way in the off season to prepare himself. Only injury will stop him from here.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4