RELEASED WTF? - viliame fifita and alec tuitavake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Met both boys after the game with their Manly team mates next to the tunnel all dressed up in their Manly gear .I will wait and see what the outcome is but I would love both to stay .They are fearless defenders and ready for bench spots here and then throughout the year .In my opinion ,the problem here is trying to fit them under the salary cap moving forward as contracts get upgraded each year .
It is a tough choice by the club to make on who to keep and let go as our team is building in 2023 to 2025 .

Foran should never have re-entered. No wonder Schu and his mgr were confused.
A Des disaster by signing his fav $$ grabbing son.

Thank christ Schu actually wants to play for Manly. We have til Nov 1st to extend his contract.
Mestrov, keep up the good work and get it done.
Gee , disappointing as the final stages of last season were , would have been quite a struggle to stay competitive without Foz " s presence and game input and Shu "s long term unavailability and lack of general fitness . 2021 went O K in general with the Shu on an edge and Foz calling the shots and relatively injury free [ and 2022 ] so should not be any misgivings there . Really good start for the Shu so far , hopefully can maintain that top standard and just that slightly additional attention to detail in defence . Priority to secure him longer term of course and sure that process is presently under some serious consideration

Foran should never have re-entered. No wonder Schu and his mgr were confused.
A Des disaster by signing his fav $$ grabbing son.

Thank christ Schu actually wants to play for Manly. We have til Nov 1st to extend his contract.
Mestrov, keep up the good work and get it done.
Think what you like about the re-signing of Foran,but he was very good upon his return and it was probably the right time to move him on.Foran only missed,I think,4 games in two yrs,Schuster was perpetually injured or unfit in that time.But now Schuster has the reigns which has worked out for both parties.My point was that Des tried to stand up to Tartak

Met both boys after the game with their Manly team mates next to the tunnel all dressed up in their Manly gear .I will wait and see what the outcome is but I would love both to stay .They are fearless defenders and ready for bench spots here and then throughout the year .In my opinion ,the problem here is trying to fit them under the salary cap moving forward as contracts get upgraded each year .
It is a tough choice by the club to make on who to keep and let go as our team is building in 2023 to 2025 .
Surely we can work something out, maybe some sort of a backended deal to keep them sweet in the short term. After watching the Saints game, there're thinking, well, we haven't signed anything yet !!

Think what you like about the re-signing of Foran,but he was very good upon his return and it was probably the right time to move him on.Foran only missed,I think,4 games in two yrs,Schuster was perpetually injured or unfit in that time.But now Schuster has the reigns which has worked out for both parties.My point was that Des tried to stand up to Tartak

While Foran was playing we won ZERO, nothing, nada. He was supposed to play hooker - again bs from Des.

Schu had a v good year in 2021 paying 2nd row as a 19 year old, but you could see his then 20 year old body was being bashed from pillar ro post playing 2nd row. He tried to put on a bit more bulk for 2022, still aged 20 and things didn't work out with TRAINING injuries.
This crap was all under the tutelage of Des and the high performance trainers.

Why was he ever put through that crap if he was our 5/8th??

While Foran was playing we won ZERO, nothing, nada. He was supposed to play hooker - again bs from Des.

Schu had a v good year in 2021 paying 2nd row as a 19 year old, but you could see his then 20 year old body was being bashed from pillar ro post playing 2nd row. He tried to put on a bit more bulk for 2022, still aged 20 and things didn't work out with TRAINING injuries.
This crap was all under the tutelage of Des and the high performance trainers.

Why was he ever put through that crap if he was our 5/8th??
You are missing the point completely and not for the first time,I might add.The issue is around Tartak,nothing to do with the Foran/Schuster situation.You have your personal gripe over Foran’s return and that’s fine,it doesn’t change the fact that Des tried to stand up to Tartak because he knew what problems lay down the track.And Des was justified last week with the Fifita news and what I suspect will be an ongoing problem with Tartak’s clients like Olakau’atu and Schuster.

You are missing the point completely and not for the first time,I might add.The issue is around Tartak,nothing to do with the Foran/Schuster situation.You have your personal gripe over Foran’s return and that’s fine,it doesn’t change the fact that Des tried to stand up to Tartak because he knew what problems lay down the track.And Des was justified last week with the Fifita news and what I suspect will be an ongoing problem with Tartak’s clients like Olakau’atu and Schuster.

I am not missing the point. You and I have no idea what had been promised to Schuster, tuitavake or fifita by Des.

Remember Olakau’atu only started playing first grade a few years back because of injuries to other 2nd rowers like Sirro and Jetski, not through any Des insights or giving a young guy a chance- now his mgr got his contract upgraded and he is happy and so is Manly. Would you prefer him unhappy and leave?

Manly extending and playing Morgan Boyle show how low in the pecking order tuitavake and fifita actually are.

All I see is a mgr sticking up for his client's. And Yes Tartak should be sanctioned by the NRL for shopping fifita around while still under contract.

As Winny said Tartak has a short memory .It must be like dealing with brown snakes you never know what they will do next .
Manly and Des went to extraordinary lengths to support Manase and his family ,so why betray all that good will by attempting 'illegal " acts like this. I get they allegedly want the best for the client but there are ways to get what you want without making a k&%t of yourself.
Also did anyone see Rothtools snippet in the Sunday Tele re the well known serial Salary cap cheater dobbing in some other club about salary cap cheating ,like WTF who is this and why havent you Rothfool furnished his name and details to PVL and the NRL ,Hmmmm ? That idiot was on the BSB today and not one of those morans asked him any questions about it ,like it stinks or they are just dumb phucks

What the heck happened to the rule regarding non approaching contracts players. The rule should not only apply to clubs approaching players but also their managers offering contracted players to other clubs without the club's permission. He should be deregistered by the NRL. Do the NRL police anything without an informant?
Currently players/managers are allowed to discuss possible deals whenever they want. The only restrictions are around signing a contract and inducing a player to break their current contract. You could argue this counts as 'inducing' but very hard to prove.

Rothfield has stated its not his job to report as he is not the salary cap auditor, i agree with him here, im sure he has had the nrl try to silence him on some of his stories so hes bugger you guys, The nrl has never been transparent about the salary cap , ie listing player salaries due to obvious variances in players been underpaid etc

On our list of contracted players Fafita is only signed for 2023. If he has a contract for 2024 Saints are in breach of the rules. Simple.

Confusing isnt it and another example where we the fans dont seem to be high on the list of being informed about players even though its the supporters that are fundamental to the existence of the football side. I'm wondering if this manager thought there was an open door for these two players to transfer to another club. I dont think he would be that stupid as to do it without some advice. Rather I wonder if he received some indication that it was a goer.

I'm not so troubled by player managers. They are there to do the best for the player who is paying them as an agent. Clubs aren't paying them. So being annoyed with them for doing their job for their players is illogical. Their loyalty is to the people paying them, as it should be. And speaking out on their behalf is part of the job. Its like an author pays an agent to get the best deal with a publisher. If a better deal comes along, its his job to pursue it. He doesn't work for the publisher.

As football fans of course we don't want to see players lost to the club who have potential. But that's up to the club and the player's manager to reach satisfactory agreements. Otherwise its quite right for the manager on behalf of the player to canvas other options. That's their job and what they are paid for.

So who's really at fault here, Saints or Tartek, or both.
Can’t cop the agent is at fault. If it’s my agent, I’m saying thanks for the other offers now get manly across the line, assuming I want to stay.

It’s the player who is in charge of their personal affairs… stand up for what you believe in and stop blaming the monster under the bed (Agents)

Can’t cop the agent is at fault. If it’s my agent, I’m saying thanks for the other offers now get manly across the line, assuming I want to stay.

It’s the player who is in charge of their personal affairs… stand up for what you believe in and stop blaming the monster under the bed (Agents)
Apparently the parents of the players met with the Dragons also,so there seems to a few at fault here

Confusing isnt it and another example where we the fans dont seem to be high on the list of being informed about players even though its the supporters that are fundamental to the existence of the football side. I'm wondering if this manager thought there was an open door for these two players to transfer to another club. I dont think he would be that stupid as to do it without some advice. Rather I wonder if he received some indication that it was a goer.

I'm not so troubled by player managers. They are there to do the best for the player who is paying them as an agent. Clubs aren't paying them. So being annoyed with them for doing their job for their players is illogical. Their loyalty is to the people paying them, as it should be. And speaking out on their behalf is part of the job. Its like an author pays an agent to get the best deal with a publisher. If a better deal comes along, its his job to pursue it. He doesn't work for the publisher.

As football fans of course we don't want to see players lost to the club who have potential. But that's up to the club and the player's manager to reach satisfactory agreements. Otherwise its quite right for the manager on behalf of the player to canvas other options. That's their job and what they are paid for.
I get all that Bear but why would you apparently just shut out your current employer by running off and signing with someone else and not offering your current employer, who has been loyal to you and no doubt supported you thru injury and rehab etc ,the opportunity to match or exceed what the alleged new offer is (assuming you are happy to stay there ,which Mestrov said they were) ?
I'm sure there is more to it but it also doesn't make sense to create enemies with the clubs either ,its all swings and round abouts after all .No one has all the power and no one is totally powerless, they all need each other to varying degrees i.e clubs ,players and managers .
I also find it strange that Tartak would just blatantly peddle his player to another club if he is actually contracted till 2024 anyways .Maybe I can smell BS here and Tartak is just trying to squeeze an a pay rise ,so that he can upgrade his Merc.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4