Reinstating Storm premierships

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I was astonished to hear the National Broadcaster give John Ribot airtime to mount an astonishing defense of the Storm salary cap scandal ending with the suggestion their Premierships should be given back.

A few issues:

1. He says lots of teams rort the cap but are not punished by losing a Premiership. Problem: Not since the Bulldogs has a team been found to systematically rort the system for years, and by up to 20% like the Storm did.
2. He says the players are innocent parties and shouldn't be punished. Problem: Did they really think nothing was going on when they signed two contracts, accepted free boats and talked about their relative pay packet at training?

There was a massive lack of scrutiny into the players and coach as to their knowledge of what had transpired.

This was at the behest of the NRL.

The NRL should not even contemplate giving back their premierships. They won by cheating, end of story. For Ribot to even suggest they should be rewarded for cheating is ludicrous.

They did give him the air time to present his ridiculous claims but at least put him in his place when they had the right of reply.

I was even cheering for Debbie Spillane when she claimed it was a publicity stunt for Friday nights game which was proven with his usual ability of failing to answer the questions that were being asked.

Stevey Mascourd & Daniel Anderson easily succeeding in making him look like the fool & muppet that he is (IMO).

Ribot is a blight on the game...He should be taken off our list of past players...Doesnt and didnt deserve to wear the beloved Sea Eagle,,,,, A grub that ruined the game with Super League and lined his own pockets.....

Shame Shame Shame

And the man responsible for policing the salary cap but who was incompetent and blind to all this is still in his job. Go figure !!!!!!!!

It wouldn't matter if the year was 2032 - there isn't anything that comes out of Ribot's mouth that should be given any time. I'll give them back their Premierships when all the cheaters do jail time. And that would mean ALL of them.

He always looked like an idiot. And it sounds like he still is an idiot.

Particularly dumb ploy when one of the panel members is a coach whose team lost to the over the cap Squall.

They cheated.

They didn't win anything.

Ribot should keep his mouth shut. The man is an absolute sped who makes Dogsler look like a philanthropist.

Pathetic really, no case there at all, they cheated, rorted, lied and the players defiantly knew I don't care what anyone says.

The ATO are the ones Ribot has unleashed on the cheating Club's Players.

They have yet to start their forensic accounting, so lots of the Players will have monies go back to the public purse.

Ribot and his cohorts are a blight on the game to this day :mad:

I get so annoyed when they talk about the "poor innocent players", either they knew what was going on or they are dumber than a reality star..... "so I get this extra money but can't say anything about it?..... Ok mr leprechan"

And who cares the "innocent players" only won because they were stacked above what they should be.

Depends on how they were told. It is not the players job no know anything about salary caps, loopholes and exceptions.

If they were told it was legal and its all sorted then that is all the players have to know. They are not laywers and it is not their responsibility to check that they are inside the salary cap.

If any of the cheating mexican Storm premierships are reinstated it would be a massive blight on the game & it's administration over the last several years.

It seemed fairly conclusive that the investigators found duplicate/clearly erroneous financial books, that club doesn't deserve those premierships ever.

I find it completely offensive that he's defending them, but I also feel sorry for Ribot, who clearly has only two braincells in his head which are waging war for supremacy.

CussCuss said:
Depends on how they were told. It is not the players job no know anything about salary caps, loopholes and exceptions.

If they were told it was legal and its all sorted then that is all the players have to know. They are not laywers and it is not their responsibility to check that they are inside the salary cap.

That is true. But it is also true that if you are being asked to sign 2, 3, or more different contracts for one year then maybe a few questions should be asked. Like "Is this legal?"

I prefer these headlines actually:

Krilich calls for Storm to lose rings

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/krilich-calls-for-storm-to-lose-rings-20120918-264sg.html

....SEA EAGLES great and Manly Leagues Club board member Max Krilich says Melbourne players should have been made to hand back the premiership rings they collected as 2007 grand final winners over the Silvertails......

And brett white's final comment is all that is wrong with the storm and these "innocent" players.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2