Reinforcements are on the horizon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MWSE

Bencher
Manly Sea Eagles

Kieran Foran (Hamstring, Round 8)

Jorge Taufua (Knee, Round 9)

Clinton Gutherson (ACL, Season)

Brenton Lawrence (Back, Indefinite)

Feleti Mateo (Ankle, Round 8)

Josh Starling (Knee, Indefinite)

Brett Stewart (Groin, Round 8)

Tom Trbojevic (Ankle, Indefinite)

Jesse Sene-Lefao (Shoulder, Round 12)

Jamie Lyon (Ankle, Round 10)

Key players coming back within the next two to three weeks. Weather the storm boys, grab that elusive win and things will start happening for us.

We are in a big hole and this is the time for some of our inexperienced guys to step up to the plate. In all my time as a fan I have never seen such a severe injury toll as this season which has compounded some self inflicted stuff by members of the team.

I think its about just doing our best and being prepared to make some changes, what we have seen over the last month is no longer working and we have nothing to lose but to at least try some new things.

We should NOT rush anyone back. No point. They'll just do it again. This should be written off as a Rebuilding / experimentation year.
Select whoever is fit, regardless of experience, perceived ability, reputation, next year's club contract etc.

Yes, it would be great to field our top backline, and see the back of Blair and Williame...geez they are bad.

I think Starling and Lawrence would have definitely helped tighten up our defence around the ruck, but it's not looking like they'll be back any time soon. I wonder how tight our cap is, because it would be great if the club could sign a prop from the EPL or maybe a good player on the outer at another club to help us with this injury crisis and jump on board before the rd 13 deadline.

I'd take the weeks there and add a few onto them. High ankle sprains and things like that take a lot longer than advertised time to heal.

So going by that list, theoretically we should get Snake, Foran and Mateo back next week. And then Jorge should be available for the Knights in Rd.9.

With Killer out again I can see Snake and Foran coming straight back into the side with Mateo probably on the bench, if they are fit. Hopefully its Wiliame who gets the chop and the Wolf stays on the wing for a few more games with Peta in the centres.

Jorge may not be the quickest winger. He may not be as safe under a bomb as Blair is. But in every other part of being a winger he has Blair's number. Though I suspect as he's been out longer he might play a game or two of NSW Cup before he gets a call up.

Boy I'll be glad when our backline looks something like it should with Snake, Peta, Killer, Skivy, Jorge, Foran and DCE. No Blair, no Wiliame. Maybe then our less than impressive pack won't be AS critical a factor as they have been.

We should NOT rush anyone back. No point. They'll just do it again. This should be written off as a Rebuilding / experimentation year.
Select whoever is fit, regardless of experience, perceived ability, reputation, next year's club contract etc.

I'd like to like this 100 times.

I assume Lyon just did further damage to the same injury, so this is a perfect example.

Give the up and comers a run, leave everyone who isn't 110% out until they are.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6