Reily Brown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
We are being linked to him aswell. Does anyone know anything about him. Can't say I have seen or heard much.

Player Profile

Riley Brown

Versatile and skilful, Riley Brown is one of those players every club is looking for. Not one to draw attention to himself, Brown often catches opposition teams off guard with his lethal speed and powerful running. Brown has a natural ability to read play, often finding himself in the right place at the right time when there’s a try to be scored.

Date of Birth: 15 October 1984 (Age: 22 years old)

Height: 181cm

Weight: 92kg

Nick name: Riles

Birth place: Bunderburg, QLD

Preferred position: Utility

Junior club: Singleton

Year you joined the Knights: 2000

First grade debut: St George Illawarra Dragons v Newcastle Knights, WIN Stadium, 4/4/04 (Rd 4)

Signed with the Knights until: 2007

Representative honours: NSW Residents 2004

Your star sign: Libra

Previous clubs: Nil

Debut with Knights: St George Illawarra Dragons v Newcastle Knights, WIN Stadium, 4/4/04 (Rd 4)

What do you remember about your NRL debut? Windy, Rainy, Got beat by Dragons

Favourite item of clothing: Thongs

As a kid, what was your dream job? Play Footy

Best pick up line you have ever used or heard? Is your dad a robber? Cause he stole the stars and put them in your eyes.

CD you're currently listening to: Mixed RNB

Something we don't know about you: Good in the kitchen

Match day song: Smack That (Akon)

If you starred in a movie, what role would you play and what type of movie would it be? Action

Famous person you most admire: Chuck Liddell

Perfect date? Dinner, Movies, Ice Cream

Personal motto: If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score.

Favourite word: Good

Describe yourself in one word: Cheeky

Who's life would you rather live - Hugh Hefner or Robbie Williams and why? Robbie Williams - Don’t like Hugh Hefner

What was often written on your school report? Great Student

he can't be all that bad if he likes to wear thongs.

His favourite song is 'smack'. very Newcastle. How many tries has this wonder kid scored? Why would we let Willo go, don't you realize the modern game is all about defense.

he's rubbish

FMD, the discussions have hardly commened, let alone he play one solitary game for us and we have this "rubbish" assessment.

Why dont you astonish us all and let us know exactly how many games youve watched him play in with an analysis of his football qualities.

I think he'd be a good pick up... because of his versatility. Once he gets into manly colours he'll be right.

He's not the worst going around. Happy to have him come over.

I've watched a fair bit of the Knights & he never seems to stand out. He's a capable, solid first grader with probably a few more ball skills than Willo.
Under different coaching he may develop into something but from what I've seen, I'd rather Burns stays.
I'd be interested to see how & why Manly would use him. We have no need to buy these types of players that merely stop a young player that we've developed from getting a run in 1sts.

Yeah, stupid old bugger he is.

No, but he's no superstar & he's not ours. I'd rather a bloke with representative potential, that we've put the development into gets the shot.
I wouln't want him keeping Groom, Meaney, Neumann, Cuthbo or any other of our locals (or almost locals) out of the team.

best thing about his is his versatilty, especially if Lyon develops into a rep 5/8, he would be handy at the club say on the money Travis is on now, rather than the money Travis wants.

We already seem to have a few of these sort of 'versatile' players. Why buy them in is the question?

Why get rid of a prven manly player in Willo to sign someone who can essentially do the same thing?

I can't imagine Willo wanting much, he wouldn't be very much value on the open NRL market.

i would expect willo is up for his superannuation contract and will head overseas anyway. He is near the end of his career and having not been a superstar could probably do with a few extra $ before he retires.

[quote author=DVS Matt]
he's rubbish

FMD, the discussions have hardly commened, let alone he play one solitary game for us and we have this "rubbish" assessment.

Why dont you astonish us all and let us know exactly how many games youve watched him play in with an analysis of his football qualities.

[/quote]

Sooky, please find a more "appropriate" answer for you below:

1) Why does he need to play for Manly before i form an opinion on him?
2) He has played quite a bit through the 04/05 seasons when the Knights had heavy injury tolls. He is a toiler at best, can defend, no attack.
3) Why are you such a sook?

I actually think Riley Brown is the opposite to what you say DVS Matt.

I think he can attack very well... he finishes alot of movements by backing up well, he is good for quick darts out of dummy half and can set up a try.

I think his downfall is his defence. Coming across to Manly should help him tighten that up.

[quote author=Jatz Crackers]
[quote author=DVS Matt]
he's rubbish

[/quote]

Sooky, please find a more "appropriate" answer for you below:

1) Why does he need to play for Manly before i form an opinion on him?
2) He has played quite a bit through the 04/05 seasons when the Knights had heavy injury tolls. He is a toiler at best, can defend, no attack.
3) Why are you such a sook?
[/quote]

So thats your in depth analysis of a players talent is it ?

Its hard to be a sook when I feel compelled to challenge a dropkick like you who favours, sounding more important than you really are by denigrading others including players you know little about.

Ok, we are going to play a guessing game :lol:

I'm trying to think of the bloke that played for the knights for a while... plays union now... he played five eighth for the knights for a good season or so after matty johns left the club??

If you can think of his name.. I think he would be a good buy for anyone.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4