Referees

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Not having a Manly match to attend this weekend forced me to watch some of the unimportant teams play. It gave me an unbiased look at the performance of referees. I'm of the firm opinion that referees have become whistle-happy. There are far too many insipid penalties given.
Either Tom Waterhouse has nobbled them, or our current batch of refs are simply unable to let a game flow. They are impeding the game rather than 'having a feel for the game'. As a result, the style of football being played is boring, with penalties becoming increasinly important to a team's success.
I wonder if the refs will allow more leeway in the SOO? I hope so.

I'd like to see some penalties given for forward passes... Hey, even a scrum would be good.

Thought the Knights got hammered in penalties against Souths.

What was that rubbish reasoning from the referee? He penalised Knights for inside the 10m & the captain came over to say it was a harsh one. The referee replied along the lines of "They deserved it, they were getting a roll on."

Where is that in the rule book?

Yeah, thought the knights were hard down by. Tipped them for the upset, and then the refs give souths a helping hand. Seems the norm for souths though

It's happeneing again. Warriors playing great scored 2 tries lead 8 nil and then the penalties begin. 4 penalties in a row to Donkies now its 8 all. I'm sick of seeing refs and their pedantic penalties so heavily influencing games.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6