• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Worst season I can remember for the refs this season

I reckon maybe going back to 1 ref & have  2 or 3 video refs (not in the same box either) with more power to tip to the main whistleblower, and have them using more BOD and show a lot more commonsense

I agree, the 2 referee system is rubbish and will continue to be rubbish. There was nothing wrong with one referee and a video referee for mine.

As a suggestion I could live with 5 officials, 1 Referee, 2 Touchies & 2 in goal referees. The main referee should be then able to view vision for himself and he makes the decision if the in goal referee is unsure.

I believe there should also be 3 Captains challenge, where they can refer any decision for video adjudication and the challenge is only lost if the decision goes against them, ie if they challenge and are successful then they still have 3 challenges.

I'd like to see them go back to one ref. and get rid of the video ref. altogether. There were some incomprehensible decisions made by the video ref. in the past season. No way their going to do it though. They'll keep the two refs and we'll keep getting the bull**** rulings.

It's a tough gig, but some of the officiating this season has been nothing short of incompetent. The referees have just lost touch with the game and the only consistent thing is their inconsistency. They now have way too much influence on the outcomes of games, which to mine is a dangerous situation to find ourselves in. Basically they are woeful.

I'd like to think that things will change now that Finch is gone, but I suspect that Harrigan will get the job, and he is responsible for training and coaching the guys that we have at the moment (something that he has been a miserable failure at). Unfortunately I think we will get more head in the sand responses next season, with a dash of Billy arrogance thrown in. No light at the end of the tunnel as far as I can see.

The problem is that their measures for success are different to what the fans see as important.

By the NRL and Referee standards, catching more things in the ruck and more infringements equals success

Where as we see it as slowing things down and making the game flow less.

I wouldn't hold you breath for it to change anytime soon, unless we have a new NRL boss and the new Referee boss has more foresight

No accountability, when the woeful calls are made getting some lame excuse, 'oh I will sack myself' then back in a week (basically a paid week off - is that a punishment or reward).  Rotten from the top, get rid of finch for starters (after gallop that is).  Go back to one ref (they get paid enough nowadays to do the job to the standards required).  Question the usefulness of the touchies - do they do anything?

MissKate link said:
No accountability, when the woeful calls are made getting some lame excuse, 'oh I will sack myself' then back in a week (basically a paid week off - is that a punishment or reward).  Rotten from the top, get rid of finch for starters (after gallop that is).  Go back to one ref (they get paid enough nowadays to do the job to the standards required).  Question the usefulness of the touchies - do they do anything?

Finch has already stepped down

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4