Refereeing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Is it just me or did every 50/50 call in that match go the Roosters way. I thought they got away with forward passes. a knock on and some dubious holding down. Hicks was called as having knocked on a kick when it clearly went backwards, we were penalised when in possession (I still have no idea why) and there were a few other occasions on which we seemed to get a raw deal.

Is it my maroon and white eyes or did others feel the same?

I thought we weren't getting the 50/50 calls from the ref, but the video ref was definately giving Manly the goods.

i thought we were on the good end of it.there was no way king would have tackled soward and we were lucky to get the bell try.nice change of luck,i liked it!

There is no way King would have tackled Soward but he was denied the opportunity and if a player is denied the opportunity it will be a no try. does not matter if he had next to no chance of making the tackle. Thems the rules!!!!

as for other decisions, well I thought we were hard done by till I watched the replay yesterday, it was not as bad as I first thought!!!!

meh there were a few odd calls but over all it evened out towards the end.

There were some rough calls with holding down, he was not calling the roosters for slowing the play the ball but was calling us nearly every time

The 10 metres by the Rorters was a joke yet we managed to have a straight line with the ref almost every set and saw very little benefit from it. We were penalised for holding and in the main they weren't. If I was going to apportion blame for poor calls it was probably the touchies who didn't do their jobs.

MB, the ref tells the touchies what he wants them to look at.

If he doesnt ask them to call off side they wont

The comment about the touchies not calling the 10 metres raises an issue about our apporach to defense.

Both the Sharks and Rorters rush up in defense. Most times they go early before the ball hits the deck in the play the ball. The touchie stands in line with the defense but will generally only tell the ref or yell out if one or two players are offside. Teams that go early in pretty much a straight line do not really get monitored properly. This gives quite an advantage and works against us because we move up a bit and then hold our line and wait for the attacker. We don't move up quickly or go early.

steve,

I was at the game, got there about 5 before kick off and sat with my dad. It was too crowded for us to take the stroller and drae over to where you guys were

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4