1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ref Bias

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by strone33, May 6, 2013.

1. strone33

strone33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +381 /30
    That was disgustingly obvious tonight!!! Lucky to get the win as it was obvious who the refs wanted to win!!

• Like Like x 1
    • TWO DOGS

TWO DOGS Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Berry
      Ratings:
      +433 /1
      An absolute carve up by the pinkies.

• Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +1,444 /36
      I hope tooves gives the refs an earful. Someone has to say something.

It is beyond a joke tonight.

Good on killer for harassing them about there atrocious decisions.

• Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +851 /10
      Somehow "I call it as I see it" never seems very reassuring.

• strone33

strone33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +381 /30
      I think it's time we donated 10k and Tooves blasts them!

• Like Like x 1
      • ALinda

ALinda Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +1,005 /5
        At 18-all I was thinking exactly that.

• Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +273 /0
        Look some of the refereeing was diabolical, but then so was some of Manly's play. Leading by 18 points, they should never have been run down like that. Most of the problems were with the lesser lights. Horo knocking on in the first set after halftime. Saints scored on the next set and are right back in it, setting the tone for much of the 2nd half.

The desire of some players to pass on every hit-up when they are leading by 6 with just minutes to go.

That fifth tackle penalty that led to Saints last try - that is stuff that you expect from teams running in (or near) last spot after 8 rounds. Not a team with premiership aspirations.

The real issue is with the team's concentration and discipline. The late changes clearly didn't help, however the coach still has some work on his plate. Luckily we had enough class players left in the team to get us through.

• Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +1,438 /12
        Fair points, Phantar, and at times we were definitely our own worst enemies, but when you're tired you make errors and poor decisions. And one of the reasons we were so tired was because the refs conspired to give the Dragons so much ball in the first half.
        Agree that we still have plenty to work on.

• dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +853 /5
        Whats that know? 2 or 3 weeks in a row we have been copping it really bad by the refs?

• torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
        +1,491 /27
        Im glad someone else is thinking the same way as me. Sure we were on the wrong side of the penalty count but alot of those penalties were warranted. We had an 18 point lead and should never have let them get back in that game. We need to work on our discipline or we will get penalized out of every game.

• Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +851 /10
        The XXXX replaces a word.

• Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +976 /0
        I don't like complaining about the refs, BUT, they he was terrible tonight. I'm saying he because I'm only singling out one of them in particular.

That being said, we are our own worst enemies. The penalties that aren't there cost us, but when control the ball and don't give away the silly ones and I still don't think there is a team that can match us set for set in that arm wrestle style contest.

• kingoftherodeo

kingoftherodeo Active Member

Ratings:
        +72 /7
        Who's pj lane? And Webster is right, killer needs to be more selective. Although most 50/50
        Calls went against us and the refs did everything they could to get the dragons over the line.

Their was definitely someone taken out from the charge down. And some of those hand on the ball penalties were a bit rich. ESP the one against Foz in the last few minutes. I'm also not convinced that symonds got a touch for the repeat set and I think Foz scored from the strip but they didn't have the angle to prove it. Their was also a little knock on before their first try on the tackle before they scored.

• Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
        +677 /18
        I agree with Phantar. Whilst the refs were bad we were worse.

• Bucko112

Bucko112 Member

Ratings:
        +8 /0
        In not just tonight, it's happening more often..... Refs suddenly penalising a team out of the game, remember titans v eels, that was a stitch up..like tonight refs falling over themselves to get the home team back in game

• ALinda

ALinda Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +1,005 /5
        The press conference was surprisingly low key - no mention of the refs, or the penalty count - just short and sweet.

• globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +7,899 /58
        I'll only believe the bias if KE and lsz say it's so!

• manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
        Ratings:
        +5,529 /119
        Does the same apply to STERLO having a hard on

• Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
        Ratings:
        +13,012 /259
        It's funny as more than often penalty counts are "evened up" late in a game so that Coaches can't complain, that didn't happen last night

I agree we were awful at times and deserved most of those awarded against us BUT hey the goons were hardly "Saints" were they.....lots and lots of times there could have been penalties awarded against them.

And dead set every time the crowd booed the pocket ref blew his pea....I think they (crowd) intimidated him....we should try the same thing on Monday at Brooky...fair dinkum all you could hear on TV was booing!!

• globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +7,899 /58
        lol - Even more so!