Recruitment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Flip since we bought Lyon the plan has always been to switch matai to the forward pack, and find another forward if we can.

Replace whats already working?? You obviously dont see Matai's defensive deficiencies when he plays in the centres do you? So we buy a top class centre, no wait, the best centre in the world, and in the process we gain an extra forward, but thats not good enough?

In my opinion we are not looking any weaker next year than we are this year.

I think the old days of recruiting a team to win the comp are gone. You need to have quality juniors coming through, topped up with one or two class players.

Look at the Tigers last year – Juniors and cheap players that they developed. Look at the storm this year – apart from Crocker who are their big name buys? Even the broncos develop their team (admittedly with a large pool to draw from). Even during our glory years of the 90’s we had a heavy base of home grown or cheaply bought talent (Think Kosef, Menzies, Gartner, Tierny, OJ, Danny Moore, Hancock, Tooves, Cliffy, Dessie).

Face facts – we can not replace a player of BK’s class and we have not been able to recruit players who might fill the gap. Lets work on getting the youngsters coming through rather than some panic buy

It has less to do with the loss of one players talent so much as the loss of leadership.

Positional changes and a new off season for some of the younger talent to state their case will see us as good or improve next year.

Its the loss of what BK gave us in leadership and inspiration. He lifted players around him to greater heights and that is what I dont see being replaced and that is what i see as hurting the teams prospects more than anything else.

Exactly my point Byso.

None of the players are up to it? I'm suggesting we threw so much money at Lyon from day one of him leaving Parra that we havn't left ourselves enough to replace legends like BK when their time comes. In two years it will be Menzies, then a few more years down the track we'll have to try and keep Watmough and Stewart. Someone tell me Stewert won't be commanding nearly 1/2 a million.

Our club is so obsessed with success now, I think we are forgetting about future planing.

As for what dan said. I completly agree that Orford has not lived up to his price tag. I would still love to have him on our team but for his performance this season, his % of the salary cap is just too large.

How about the 1/2 mill for a centre?

the current recruitment mob had nothing to do with Kimmorley, no club will be paying Stewart 500k until the salary cap increases....but hey, let's not let ****e get in the way of a good whinge.

BK will be a loss, that was never going to change. Manly tried to get backrowers - you can't force anyone to come to Manly. it' not about making more hitups to cover for BK, it's whether they've learnt anything about mental toughness. If Kite, King, Beaver and watmough and the PL forwards limp around next year, the reason for getting BK was a total waste.

I believe Manly can go well next year, but agree if none of the PL forwards stand up in 2007, another blue chip or 2 is required for 2008.

the current recruitment mob had nothing to do with Kimmorley,

and which statement says they did?

lets not let comprehension get in the way of a good bitch

then why did you put it there Dan...

getting your back up a bit there mate...hehehe

so you start with "Kimmorley anyone", then proceed with how recruitment lacks edge......but we readers should not relate these comments?.....or do you like making statements about 1 topic that don't relate to each other.

The current recruitment mob have watched BK and Leuluai walk out the door and replced them with a centre of which we already have two.

I don't need to hear about kimmorly or any previous mistakes to know that this one is a **** up.

fire up champ....predictable!

If you can not figure out why I put it there, then i have given you way too much credit in the past.

The idea is to parallell current with past and to suggest that perhaps things haven't changed as much as we think........

like I said, way too much credit. Sometimes it is the things not said that say a lot more. As for being defensive ha.....re-read your own post to which I replied

Another suggestion could be Max Delmege stepping in yet again and demanding success now. Perhaps the football heads are having to give in once again to Max again.

We're all well versed on Monasgate so perhaps dollars are speaking a little loudly than more than development in Manly these days.

Flip the club hardly watched BK and Leuleuai walk out the door. Its not as if BK wants to be at another club, the bloke can hardly train and will have ****house knees for the rest of his life, but just to appease you lets FORCE him to play another year. How ridiculous.

And Lulu didnt walk.

Hey, I hear there is a big, quick, mobile forward available next season, wouldn't take a backward step either..... would strike fear in the hearts of other forwards in the NRL, and wouldn't cost much.....his name

HOPPA!!!!! Bring back HOPPA

fire up champ....predictable!

If you can not figure out why I put it there, then i have given you way too much credit in the past.

The idea is to parallell current with past and to suggest that perhaps things haven't changed as much as we think........

like I said, way too much credit. Sometimes it is the things not said that say a lot more. As for being defensive ha.....re-read your own post to which I replied

so how does past recriutment effect what Noel and Des does....you find parallells in anything. Who was our Noddy in 2006 if your comparing parallells...

and here you go knocking someone's intelligence again.....can you stick to the point that's being discussed for once? :D insteading of going the intelligence angle.

it's not like i put it to you that i thought you were a bloke of some smarts until you announced your engagement and stated how you were going to support her and her kid.....

I've known dumber blokes with a little more headsmarts than that.

wow talk about trying below the belt.....I guess nobility isnt something that runs in your line!

Oh well its funny how quickly you draw swords or in your case a pen knife. But I expected nothing more from you.

Nice try, though you are about 2 months late on that one. The current flavour with people trying to hit me below the belt is talking about the fact that at the moment I am living at my parents. But again 2 weeks too late on that one too. I will try to let you know next time there is a nagging issue that might serve your purpose.

either way you clearly missed the point and no amount of dumbing down will seek to clarify the point!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4