Recruitment (there is method)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Given the disappointment some have expressed regarding our recruitment, I suggest the following possible explanation. As Stated in the Sunday rag, the clubs and players assoc. are at war with the NRL for not releasing the amount of club grants and the size of the salary cap for 2018. As a result some 250 players are off contract at the end of 2017 and NOT signing until they know.

This will be the biggest horse trading and gold rush in the history of the game with the possible exception of super league.

It just also coincides with the definite ending of both Snake and Skivvy's contracts. We will have some cash to make a splash.

I believe it is for this reason we have not gone too hard to get any of the many players we have been alledgedly interested in. some have been good players but None of them have been world beating must haves. It is also the reason I believe we have been happy to pick up a few key bargains with potential.

There is a game afoot .... and I think Bozo is in it up to his armpits.

Honestly haven't thought of it like this, but that makes a whole lot of sense @Woodsie

Talk that the NRL is going to scrap TPA all together would be more influential in slowing the market than an unknown cap figure. Contract have been signed as a percentage of the cap, what ever that may be in the past esp Marque players.

I am more happy with this somewhat conservative approach after last year expensive weilded a lot of rubbish Lewis brown and mules come to mind.
The back line I simply have no idea of makeup, Locke could be hit or miss.
The forwards seem promising, talking to roosters fans there livid meehan here. Him, lane, sironen, hopoate offer a lot of change in middle. If they can follow Jake, Marty, darcy, afb then this could be our strength.

And clearly exactly what they are doing, Que

Jack Bird
James Graham

Not sure about James Graham - just a rumour some bloke has made up on the lurker site.

Someone like Woods would be worth pursuing next year though, and definitely Jack Bird - but will be hard to get him to leave Cronulla !

What i like about Manly and these signing that are a bit of a gamble and might not pay off but we haven't paid overs for anyone. If half of these signings live up to their hype or recapture their best form and we are cashed up for 2018 we are going to be looking very very good.

If players like AFB, Meehan, Hopa, Lane, Siro, Kelly, Tom wright, Parker omar etc etc can reach their potential we will be in a great position with a very young talented side that has come pretty cheap. Then their are players who could get back to their best like Uate and even Locke to already go with the Turbos, DCE, Tapau, Walker etc. Then Manly will have a good amount of cash to go hard for a rep prop and back in 2018 as well!!

Its a gamble signing young potential stars but if they kick on we are looking very good

Last edited:
Not sure about James Graham - just a rumour some bloke has made up on the lurker site.

Someone like Woods would be worth pursuing next year though, and definitely Jack Bird - but will be hard to get him to leave Cronulla !

What i like about Manly and these signing that are a bit of a gamble and might not pay off but we haven't paid overs for anyone. If half of these signings live up to their hype or recapture their best form and we are cashed up for 2018 we are going to be looking very very good.

If players like AFB, Meehan, Hopa, Lane, Siro, Kelly, Tom wright, Parker omar etc etc can reach their potential we will be in a great position with a very young talented side that has come pretty cheap. Then their are players who could get back to their best like Uate and even Locke to already go with the Turbos, DCE, Tapau, Walker etc. Then Manly will have a good amount of cash to go hard for a rep prop and back in 2018 as well!!

Its a gamble signing young potential stars but if they kick on we are looking very good

It's worked well for Penrith hasn't it, just sign Merrin & Tamou and almost the rest come from their juniors ( yes I know a few others don't but most do).

Totally agree, young side, plenty of cash to add players to a side with plenty of potential, however Jack bird only needs to be shown the money to leave that ****hole ;)

Willis Meehan has me very excited for next season. Add him to the established grunt of Tapau, Lussick and Jake as well as the potential of Lane, Sironen, AFB and Hopoate and we have the makings of a very formidable pack. All we need is for a couple of our backline signings to come off and it's happy days my friends.

Just read a couple of articles and two players I'll be monitoring in 2017 is Tepai Moera from Parra and Kato Ottio from the Raiders.
Both off contract at the end of 2017 and a lot of potential in the respective positions. What's everyone's opinion of on Moera?
Anyone heard of Ottio or see him playing for Mounties before getting injured in the finals?

Kato sounds like he should be playing for the Rochdale Hornets.

His back story will be mentioned more through out his career than Edric Lee and his choice between NRL and NBL, Billy Slater and his stable hand days, JWH and other golf prodigies that all had to make the choice between 2 or 3 other sporting code offers..
Commentators really don't like viewers to forget what code they chose.
He has a better strike rate in the lower grades than Edric Lee and Suliasi Vunuvalu from storm had and they both turned out alright.
He's due back in Round 6 and from there he will be first back up for Edric Lee and Jordan Rapana. I hope Bozo keeps and eye on him coz he's behind two wingers that have recently re-signed with Canberra

Does anyone know if we have recruited much for Holden Cup ( u/20's ). Who are they and their background.
The 20's need some big , strong mobile forwards which we did not have in 2016.

Just read a couple of articles and two players I'll be monitoring in 2017 is Tepai Moera from Parra and Kato Ottio from the Raiders.
Both off contract at the end of 2017 and a lot of potential in the respective positions. What's everyone's opinion of on Moera?
Anyone heard of Ottio or see him playing for Mounties before getting injured in the finals?

Moera looks like a bit of a myth to me. His stats are never that amazing and he seems to have a few good runs and then goes missing or cops a knock. He's big though and the commentators love talking him up. Mythoa will continue to be my nickname for him and happy not to see him at Manly.

Last edited:
Moera looks like a bit of a myth to me. His stats are never that amazing and he seems to have a few good runs and then goes missing or cops a knock. His big though and the commentators love talking him up. Mythoa will continue to be my nickname for him and happy not to see him at Manly.

Cheers for the feedback bradza :thumbsup:
It sounds like I might just be caught up in his marketing and hype from Parra and the commentators that play favourites. I found it appealing that he's still so young for a forward but I never checked his stats or watched him closely

Ottio is my countryman, a Papua new Guinean,havent seen him play but heard he is very good, an ex volleyball rep.
Reports in local papers today is that he has recovered from injury and will be taking part in the auckland 9s.

Bozo has brought in a bunch of signings with huge potential in AFB, Meehan, Lane, Sironen, Perrett, Hopoate. All would have been relatively cheap and some such as Sironen and Perrett are likely to be subsidised somewhat by there previous clubs. On top of this he's signed an established half, a champion young gun in Kelly and a smattering of potential stars looking to regain top form in Locke, Uate and Omar. He has also tapped us into the best junior league on the planet by signing an agreement with Blacktown Workers and it's looking more likely by the day that he will have Snake and Matai's money up his sleeve as well. I think it's fair to say he knows what he's doing.
1 Turbo
2 Uate
3 Walker
4 Kelly
5 Jorge
6 Green
7 DCE
8 Lussick
9 Parcell
10 AFB
11 Tapau
12 Sironen