Reasons WHY Manly improve 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
*Api is building into a top 3 dummy half - everything good starts from here.
*The Turbos are now men and will lift again in 2018.
*There will be at least 2 NEW forwards - (signings or youngsters) who make a Massive impact in 2018.
*Kelly will go up a level - ppl forget his age and the fact most of his defensive errors were actually created inside him...the kid can play.
*This side has size, speed, experience and quality youth coming through - pretty good combination.
*The Green loss is debatable- was solid no doubt, but these youngsters in Hastings and Croker, potentially add more in the way of pace and creativity.
This 5/8 opportunity could prove key to a huge season.
*Thompson will add another dimension in attack, but it’s his defence on the edge that will be a massive improvement to the team.
*Barrett has served his apprenticeship and now has full reins of a team he knows a fair bit about - there to win now, after proving himself a handy coach.
*Manly are Under the Radar again - as a Manly fan, this is when the team lifts and the treat becomes real.

Would like to see a few added reasons Silvertails - this is basically a starter pack...

*There will be at least 2 NEW forwards - (signings or youngsters) who make a Massive impact in 2018.
*Kelly will go up a level - ppl forget his age and the fact most of his defensive errors were actually created inside him...the kid can play.
*This side has size, speed, experience and quality youth coming through - pretty good combination.
*The Green loss is debatable- was solid no doubt, but these youngsters in Hastings and Croker, potentially add more in the way of pace and creativity.
*Thompson will add another dimension in attack, but it’s his defence on the edge that will be a massive improvement to the team.
*Barrett has served his apprenticeship and now has full reins of a team he knows a fair bit about - there to win now, after proving himself a handy coach.
*Manly are Under the Radar again - as a Manly fan, this is when the team lifts and the treat becomes real.

Would like to see a few added reasons Silvertails - this is basically a starter pack...
Dont need to add much to that Maxta ,well put together . A big year awaits.

Settled front office with Gorman at the helm, that is a big one.
Young forwards AFB and Perrett ready to go to the next level.
I think this thread title should be changed to 'Why Manly will win in 2018 and then start a dynasty'.

The only question for me is the halves. How will DCE go with yet another halves partner.
I'd like to see Api taking a few kicks from dummy half to take the pressure of the new 5/8 also.

The only question for me is the halves. How will DCE go with yet another halves partner.
I'd like to see Api taking a few kicks from dummy half to take the pressure of the new 5/8 also.

Agree re Api.
It is the only real lacking part of his game at the moment, and something we miss from the Ballin days.
Hopefully it has been noted in the off season by Barrett.

This might sound odd, but the salary cap 'scandal' has the potential to be our biggest asset leading into the new season. Trent needs to really utilise this as a great 'us v them' moment. Bunker down, create the siege mentality, and make sure all the players know that everyone wants us to fail........this is when the great Manly teams come to the fore.

Injuries up front will see how our young depth props go, Sipley and Paseka will hopefully be knocking on the door a month or 2 in.

We have better depth than last year in most areas:
1, 2/5 - Wright, Smalley
3/4 - Kelly/Parker/Wright/Funa
6/7 - Hastings/Crocker/Wright/Wright
Hooker - Brown/Lussick/Hastings, Fanoa
Props - Sipley, Paseka, Tanginoa (not as strong as last year on paper)
Backrow - Winterstein, Jack G, Lane

Turbo didn't mind the ole kick in general play (and a few times on the last) so hopefully he is refining that part of his already damn fine game as well. Helps to stop all the opposition running at DCE.

I mean it's usually a cross field kick to another player more than an attempt to get a repeat set but Killer had a lot of success angling in, catching the ball and planting it for a t-r-y....trry!!!!

So if DCE, Turbo, the 5/8th (whomever that shall be) and maybe Api (no breath holding) we should have some good 5th tackle options.

Possibly the biggest wildcard of all.
Im backing Baz.
What a joke !!!
Don't go squawking crap to early as the team i see on paper and with Barrett at the helm we will be leaking plenty of points.
Lucky to make the 8 and possibly closer to the bottom.

Shaun Lane is another year older and let's hope wiser. Yes I know he looks like Tarzan, can often play like Jane .

That Baz is saying Lane is the most impressive player so far this off-season, is reason to salivate. If this big kid actually works out how to play tough and gets involved on the field.. He has the ability to be better than any forward we could buy. # Baz unleash the giant giraffe beast.

Shaun Lane is another year older and let's hope wiser. Yes I know he looks like Tarzan, can often play like Jane .

That Baz is saying Lane is the most impressive player so far this off-season, is reason to salivate. If this big kid actually works out how to play tough and gets involved on the field.. He has the ability to be better than any forward we could buy. # Baz unleash the giant giraffe beast.

He's a big big man, agreed and what Baz says is encouraging. Maybe he needs some old time Tommy Raudonikis face slapping to bring out the aggro!

Injuries up front will see how our young depth props go, Sipley and Paseka will hopefully be knocking on the door a month or 2 in.

We have better depth than last year in most areas:
1, 2/5 - Wright, Smalley
3/4 - Kelly/Parker/Wright/Funa
6/7 - Hastings/Crocker/Wright/Wright
Hooker - Brown/Lussick/Hastings, Fanoa
Props - Sipley, Paseka, Tanginoa (not as strong as last year on paper)
Backrow - Winterstein, Jack G, Lane
Don't forget "JetSki" ;)

What a joke !!!
Don't go squawking crap to early as the team i see on paper and with Barrett at the helm we will be leaking plenty of points.
Lucky to make the 8 and possibly closer to the bottom.

Here we go, another one who cheers a Manly loss. Look out you negative nancys, you have competition brewing in this young player...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8