Really really close to canning next years membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Haha I was just being facetious Mark. That said, they did do a
monster cull of a lot of the back office/admin staff, regardless of how competent they were. Change for the sake of change.

Yes they did do that, dickheads!!

Fulton had better start pulling a few swift cards out of the pack otherwise he'll have a revolt in the club. So far we've let go Knight, who SC were very pleased to pick up. We've lost Buhrer. Newcastle must be laughing all the way to the club house. Lyon has retired, Stewart is probably going, Matai is a big question mark. And we surrendered Symonds mid year to England. We've let go a couple of pretty reasonable youngsters. And so far what have we got in exchange. Green...a good solid player but I suspect a short term option. Uate, a winger of questionable talent at best these days. We may be after Bird. Cullen a second division half who may be the goods. So far the account suggests we're in the red. We've gone backwards.

Now there may be a couple of good signings on the way, but there's now talk that Taufua may be on the outer. Lots of goings so far and not much coming. And this is with a team that finished all three grades near the bottom of the comp in '16. I would have thought a legion of new talent would be heading our way. So where are they. I'm still hopeful but move quick Bob if you want to save face.

Last edited:
A long time ago, I realized there are certain things in life you cannot control. This is one of them. As I will be a Sea Eagle for life, I support the decision makers view. As sad as it is, I wish Jamie an awesome couple of years, and welcome Uate to our great club. Excited of what 2017 may bring, and expect us to be making the 8.

Don't know why this activity is being referred to as a "swap"; it's not. I would envisage the terms of this arrangement to be very favourable to Manly.

As far as not renewing memberships because you don't like what's going on; if you don't like the product don't buy into it. I'll be re-upping.

Yeah time to move on. Stop threatening to not support the club. We're all here cause we love the place and are Manly tragics. Whatever happens I'll be there for the team.

Don't know why this activity is being referred to as a "swap"; it's not. I would envisage the terms of this arrangement to be very favourable to Manly.

As far as not renewing memberships because you don't like what's going on; if you don't like the product don't buy into it. I'll be re-upping.
I expect more from you COMMANDER than a black and white response. Also, you reckon "the terms of the arrangement would be very favourable to Manly"
Do you mean we sold a good player for a decent price and got a poor player cheap? Right. That's smart isn't it.

And from your close the door reply I get you're ok with the above, plus multiple other poor player signings, appalling on field performances that look like we have no idea this year and that's touching the surface.

Yeah time to move on. Stop threatening to not support the club. We're all here cause we love the place and are Manly tragics. Whatever happens I'll be there for the team.
Hey mickqld. I love your posts but don't understand your thinking. Take a look at your member description: "sack greenslime" Doesn't look like you've moved on from that view as you reckon we should move on from ours about the club.

Hey mickqld. I love your posts but don't understand your thinking. Take a look at your member description: "sack greenslime" Doesn't look like you've moved on from that view as you reckon we should move on from ours about the club.
Mate I'll never move on until that cancer is removed from the game. I don't support Rugby League I support Manly and whatever or whoever pays to keep my club alive I'll support. However that piece of sh&t would kill our club in a heartbeat to spread his vision elsewhere.

If the Penns decide to walk then we cease to exist. No one else is out there ready to bankroll us. I don't agree with this decision on Buhrer nor many others over the years. But if it's a choice between being a basketcase club run by idiots or end up like Newtown, Norths or Illawarra then I choose the former. The thought of no Manly Warringah Sea Eagles scares the life out of me.

If the Penns decide to walk then we cease to exist. No one else is out there ready to bankroll us. I don't agree with this decision on Buhrer nor many others over the years. But if it's a choice between being a basketcase club run by idiots or end up like Newtown, Norths or Illawarra then I choose the former. The thought of no Manly Warringah Sea Eagles scares the life out of me.
Titans, Newcastle, tigers all ownerless, some are better placed than us it could be argued.

Titans, Newcastle, tigers all ownerless, some are better placed than us it could be argued.
They're all in areas where the NRL want a team. If we go that way then Greenturd will move us to Perth or Adelaide in a heartbeat. Anyone want our future in that cu*ts hands !!!!!!

Titans are the NRLs baby all will get what they want. Tigers are in debt badly so are Knights. Both clubs paying heaps of player they don't have anymore.

Titans are the NRLs baby all will get what they want. Tigers are in debt badly so are Knights. Both clubs paying heaps of player they don't have anymore.
The Knights got $20 million when tinckler left. And have a main sponsors.

The Knights got $20 million when tinckler left. And have a main sponsors.

Actually I think Newcastle never saw most of that money. That's why there was such a stink with Tinkler. He actually was having a financial crisis himself

I expect more from you COMMANDER than a black and white response. Also, you reckon "the terms of the arrangement would be very favourable to Manly"
Do you mean we sold a good player for a decent price and got a poor player cheap? Right. That's smart isn't it.

And from your close the door reply I get you're ok with the above, plus multiple other poor player signings, appalling on field performances that look like we have no idea this year and that's touching the surface.

I'm sorry Baz, I'll try to do better next time! Although I often fail to meet expectations!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7