Reality check - its just a game.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Gee it makes you wonder what the rigors of multiple concussion and continual collision really does. We all know the recent headlines but this is so sad.

Rob Burrow was a top player for Leeds. I remember him playing Manly in our world club challenges a few times.

Rob Burrow carried over finish line.

Gee it makes you wonder what the rigors of multiple concussion and continual collision really does. We all know the recent headlines but this is so sad.

Rob Burrow was a top player for Leeds. I remember him playing Manly in our world club challenges a few times.

Gee that was a tough watch for me EOL. Really puts things in perspective hey.

Thanks @EOL now nesting on the GC
We fans can cheer and wail and blame and rejoice but always good to have some perspective.

This is what the game's bosses are grappling with, but in any form it's a very violent way to make a living.

Players - even slow or incompetent Manly players - put their bodies and potentially their futures on the line each time they run out. Worth keeping in mind.

I choked up when it hit my feed. He was a competitor. Tough as they come. There was always a chance it was in his DNA but for such a small guy getting whacked all the time must have had a effect.
He got knocked out in our club challenge match I believe.

the reality check perspective time ...

Every time we step out of our front door we put our lives on the line
No one can guarantee our future and greatness comes only for those that dare

The Great Steven Menzies
Dare to be a Great Manly premiership Winning Hero
menziess-81005413.jpg

100% correct, it is just a game

To read this thread, then next up read a pathetic post in another thread how 2 of our players should drive a car off a cliff together holding hands, shows how warped people can get on the importance of things

Why is it just a game for some and More than a game for others

Its more than a game for many because it is a way of life and they follow the game like a religion and the players are their Gods

I found this more than just a game perspective from a passionate football fan .....

To anyone who wonders why I am in despair over a missed chance
To anyone who cannot make sense of my distress after a crushing defeat
To anyone who wonders why my emotions run so high
To anyone who says, "It's just a game"
Let me tell you in no uncertain terms -
It's not just a game. It is football.
Pulsating with life, overpowered by passion
No longer a sport; it is life in its entirety

The Manly God ....
The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
l_1994%20series%20sub%20set%20card0006.jpeg

He was a tough little player like Tooves. Sad to see him in that state.

There's been a couple of docos on TV over here about MND, Rob Burrow and Kevin Sinfield. What comes through in all of them is the friendship they have forged on a football field. Kevin would literally run through a brick wall for his little mate and no doubt if it was the other way round Rob would have done the same for his mate. They were both in the Leeds academy together from about 14-15 years of age and both retired at a similar time as one club men. I do fear that because of the mercenary nature of players (and their agents) that this is becoming a thing of the past. Rob Burrow is a tiny man for a footballer, about 5'2" and 65-70 kg, he obviously put his body on the line every week against much bigger blokes but this is much bigger than any prop forward he ever faced.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4