RE: The Poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Just a few quick notes surrouding the sites poll.

IMO, the long term future of our club is rosey, provided we can win a premiership in the next 3 seasons.

As much as we all love it, (this disapoints me to no end), I dont think our club is as hated by the junior supporters as much as years passed. If we can pick up the elusive silverwear in the first weekend of october, I think the club might just be able to get the majority of the Manly district back into football and a hell of a lot of youngsters on our side.

That being said... we cannot continue to lose and dismantle like we did this season. We are in the balance until we win another premiership, but manly sure as hell arn't going forward as long as we continue to through 24 competition points away per season.

Flip, I'm not as convinced as you. Problems/concerns:

1. Brookvale Oval - doesn't have the capacity to hold semi-final football. Corporate Box problem as Mata referred to as well.
2. Juniors - we can't compete in bringing in the Juniors like the Dragons or the Broncos - we just don't have the area to resource from.
3. Privitisation - what happens once Max is gone? Is it back to the financial concerns of the early 'naughties?

I'd say Rosy, Manly will go on they simply wont be successful until huge changes are made.

In the balance:

Pokie Tax, competition from other sports, Leagues Club will struggle especially if Mounties pumps the cash into the diggers as suggested.

We really need to have a Top 4 team over the next few seasons to keep the crowds up, merchandising sales going, retention/attract sponsors & members etc etc etc.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4