re Monaghan, Should club change its mind ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PEPSI

Bencher
If i was Desmond, I would say sorry Michael you are contracted till the end of 2008, you are not going anywhere. next year we will discuss 2009. Or he is welcome to sign somewhere for 2009 if someone will sign him thatfar ahead..

He has been consistant and strong again tonight.

I would go as far to say that if Orford had not come back from injury and we had the same results as we have had the last few games he would be the NSW halfback.

At this point in time. i'd prefer ballin at 9 and monaghan at 7.. i got no problem with oford coming off the bench or something.

Good work JK on standing up for the bloke.. from memory you haven't been his biggest fan but credit to you for putting agenda's aside and seeing what's in front of you.

Monaghan has already signed the contract to leave.

I don't know where but the same bloke who told me at 12 today that Ballin is out said he has already signed but isn't allowed to say with who.

English clubs are reported to be offering around $720,000 (AUS) a season for him.

absolutely, my opinions on him where based on last years and the years before form, i guess opinions change as players improve. This time last year I thought Glen Stewart was making up the numbers and look how he has improved.

So in a nutshell, the guy has improved out of site and i guess playing with more consistancy more than anything, last year flashes of form where mixed with some shockers.

Ironically if there was no talk of contracts we would just be saying how well hes playing and both monaghs and orford could form a combination.

I think Ballin needs top start so at this stage i would have Burns off the bench for impact like we have used Dunley over the years. ( just way better!)

Get good use out of him now (at 5/8) while he is in the form of his life and let him go on his way like he wants to.

I'd prefer MM to go to an English club... he has the potential to carve us up in another team. If the Bronc's weren't so stubborn they would open their eyes and see that MM would solve alot of their problems... :lol: and this from the team that won the comp last year.

Get good use out of him now (at 5/8) while he is in the form of his life and let him go on his way like he wants to.

True True, and by next season we can presume Orford would have found form by then!

True True, and by next season we can presume Orford would have found form by then!

!pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray:

It's a slow old process at the moment. He just seems to be a bit nervous about going to the line and taking it on. He's so deadly when he does though.

Its disappointing and hard to watch a player as good as Orford struggle to find form.

just watching the replay, Orford did do some good things, some greatr passes and the kick for Hicks was inch perfect. He also put in about 4 kicks that led to drop outs and repeat sets. Definately on the improve.

hes always had the ability... it was clear.. difference is hes got confidence. hes backing himself to do something different.. something risky.. some of his under legs passing he wouldnt of dreamed of trying to do let alone doing it last few years.

His confidence is sky high... and is clearly our best 5/8 option.. yet are going to release him. Ballin and Burns wont be happy being 2nd fiddle....and may leave too :(

so we will end up with Matai at centre.. Lyon at 5/8 with Dunley at hooker.

keep it up manly argh.

Wheres Sue and Vegas? :) :)

Pepsi, I almost chocked on my wheeties. Good to see you've finally taken the blinkers off, isn't it a shame Dessie and co didn't do the same before the 2005 saga.

Who knows how good he could of been without all the bull****????????????

well byso, if you read a little more carefully and not just read what you chose to read. I did say he has developed this year but unfortunately his inept performances over the last 2 years and carryings on have caused the club to take this stand, rightly or wrongly.

Dont forget he has not been asked to leave, he approached the club. The club has him contracted to the end of next year but he does want to leave. He can stay if he wants, he is not being pushed.

I would like him to stay but if you ask me if I would like him to stay on $240k a season then that makes it a harder question.

Cam't do more than peform on the paddock though and that is what is happening.

Reminds me a bit of the Kimmorley/Dykes issue at Cronulla. They tend to do better with Dykes and Kimmorley is hot and cold.

and Byso, if you think i see things through blinkered vision your an idiot.

For someone litrally just finding his feet in firstgrade, he is now 27 which is quite OLD, in two years he is over the hill. litrally just after he has started! for the last three years he has been playing like an 18 year old rookie.

I would like him to stay but if you ask me if I would like him to stay on $240k a season then that makes it a harder question.Cam't do more than peform on the paddock though and that is what is happening.

Reminds me a bit of the Kimmorley/Dykes issue at Cronulla. They tend to do better with Dykes and Kimmorley is hot and cold.

that one line sums up the whole argument.......................

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4