RE: Captaincy news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
If it won't be mona's who should it be??

I would go with beaver again if he's saying he'll take it back!! He is an inspirational bloke and a natural leader as is BK but i heard he didn't want it. I would not make it ox because he hasn't even stepped foot in the club yet (apart from northern eagles debacle). As far a 'choc' goes well i think the captaincy wouldn't suit him, he's still young and needs to grow up a bit (i.e getting on the piss all the time lol) he's playing great footy without it, just leave him.

So for me it's beaver if not BK if not mona's keeps it!!

I wish BK would take it, else I think Orford or Menzies would have to be next in line

Assuming BK & Moans don't get it I would like OX, if not maybe Bell/Hicks/Dunley.

Doesn't suit Beaver & too early for Choc

What a dilemma. Here are the choices:

1. Menzies - great player, crap captain (too quiet on the field & captaincy affected his hame badly last year);

2. Monaghan - average player, crap captain (gives away far too many penalties & gives the cluvb a bad name with constant back-chat & whinging.

3. Orford - New to the club & we want him to concentrate on being a play-maker.

4. Kennedy - the logical choice, a leader of men, but definitely doesn't want the job.

5. Watmough - away with the fairies.

6. Anyone else.....Bueller?

This is from left-field, but I say give it to King - it might get him on the paddock & inspire him to lead the way like he should be. Will never happen though, props are off the park too much as it is without grass burns and puffs of wind to deal with ;)

SDS - You are kidding right?

We have to make someone who can be captain for a number of years captain. Why not give it to an outsider that oozes class. Steven Bell. He's going to be here until the end of 2008, which is a very long time.

That way Monnas won't be upset that his arch nemesis has been given the job.

What do you guys think?

I could live with King as captain if his form warranted him having a place in the side.

SDS is right - it might force him to lift his game.

I'm not sure if I am kidding. I typed that in a hurry, a little tongue-in-cheek. However, on reflection it has a kind of perverse logic to it, don't you think?

I hope King will "live up to expectation", but I doubt it as per last 3 years. He is dropping to the level of a fringe 1st grader.

He's no Darren Lockyer
He's no Andrew Ryan
He's no Steve Price

etc etc.

Get my drift. A captain needs to be able to stand up when it counts. King struggles to be on the field 15+ minutes.

I for one don't know a forward in the game that adds less value.

perverse logic.....very perverse! sick and disgusting more like it.

If player like that can become captain this club will die

If they are seriously debating between monas and others to be C next year you would have to surmise that monas will be in the team next year.

If we were also to surmise that he is pivot then why not make Dunlay an 80 minute hooker with the dual role of Captain. I think he may well have the temperament for the job

I prefer him coming off the bench jatz. I think williamson is the man to start both halves!! Basically he has to just tackles his guts out while the opposite forwards have energy then just pass the ball til around the 20 - 25min mark. Then dunley comes on and tears through them while they are tired and his energy should hopefully lift the rest of the team. Then repeat that very gameplan in the second half. I think dunley is good but not as effective if he starts

Let Orford and/or Kennedy take care of the on field duties, Menzies can do what he does best and play the diplomat off the field.

If King could play I think he could be a good captain, he has a role with the RLPA so he might have some sort of leadership skills.

I wish BK would take it, else I think Orford or Menzies would have to be next in line
According to Andrew Webster in the Sun Herald, BK is the man for the job. I should mention that Mr Webster is a frequent visitor to our pages.

I hope King will \"live up to expectation\", but I doubt it as per last 3 years. He is dropping to the level of a fringe 1st grader.

He's no Darren Lockyer
He's no Andrew Ryan
He's no Steve Price

etc etc.

Get my drift. A captain needs to be able to stand up when it counts. King struggles to be on the field 15+ minutes.

I for one don't know a forward in the game that adds less value.

The only forward who comes close is Dane 'looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" Carlaw.

[quote author=Daniel]
According to Andrew Webster in the Sun Herald, BK is the man for the job. I should mention that Mr Webster is a frequent visitor to our pages.
[/quote]

Webster had a go at Wilson in his column today saying that one of her articles last week was lifted word for word from another newspaper that printed the same article a couple of days earlier. He can't be all that bad if he hates her.

[quote author=Matabele]
[quote author=Daniel]
[/quote]

Webster had a go at Wilson in his column today saying that one of her articles last week was lifted word for word from another newspaper that printed the same article a couple of days earlier. He can't be all that bad if he hates her.
[/quote]

And the Wilsom witch had returned the favour gloating about Gordon Bray being re-signed to Channel Seven when the Sun Herald said he faced the chop.

It all gets rather juvenile after a while.

[quote author=tookey]
[quote author=Matabele]
[quote author=Daniel]
[/quote]

[/quote]

And the Wilsom witch had returned the favour gloating about Gordon Bray being re-signed to Channel Seven when the Sun Herald said he faced the chop.

It all gets rather juvenile after a while.

[/quote]

As do our endless repetitive conversations here

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4