Rd4 team v roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
With Taupau most certainly gone for a few weeks

1.Brett Stewart
2.Jorge Taufua
3.Steve Matai
4. Jamie Lyon (C)
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. Dylan Walker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Matt Parcell
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Blake Leary
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer (if he's back)
Interchange
14. Nate Myles
15. Lewis Brown
16. Feleti Mateo
17. Siosaia Vave

1.Brett Stewart
2.Jorge Taufua
3.Steve Matai
4. Jamie Lyon (C)
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. Dylan Walker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Matt Parcell
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Blake Leary
12. Tom Symonds
Interchange
14. Nate Myles
15. Lewis Brown
16. Feleti Mateo
17. Siosaia Vave
I completely agree with that side

1. Brett Stewart
2. Tom Trbojevic
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Steve Matai
5. Jorge Tafua
6. Dylan Walker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Josh Starling
9. Matt Parcel
10. Nate Myles
11. Blake Leary
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Siosaia Vave
17. Feleti Mateo

Although I suspect we will see Darcy Lussick with Tapau out we loose our bad mother ****er, not knocking Leary but he isn't Tapau and we will need more mongrel in attack from a guy like Lussick.

Trying to pick a side without Kapow is tough, as he has that mongrel factor that separates him from the others...there are plenty of agile backrowers & workers but Kapow is that X-Factor.
Lussick would be next, in that tough guy role.... though not comparable in quality & sails close to a penalty more often than we need atm....maybe Fonua Blake is close to a call up also.
Against Roosters who will be pumped at 0 & 3 - & will also really go for a win in the middle - important to keep some size for this game.
Young Jake will play above his weight as usual & lead the pack.

Last edited:
It's too much like tonight's team. 4 days rest for the forwards! If the plan is to rotate players then we need to rotate players.

1. Stewart
2. taufua
3. Matai
4. Lyon
5. Tom
6. Walker
7. DCE
8. Vave
9. Koroisàu.
10. Lawrence.
11. Lussick
12. Symonds
13. Brown

14. Jake. Prop.
15. Mateo
16. Myles
17. Leary
18. Buhrer (Give him another run in NSW cup no hurry to race him back, and if Barrett's going on form, Leary earned a recall.).

When can we choose knight? Bartlett should push the envelope for this week. It's a matter for the local court, not the nrl etc

i think parcell is easily fit enough to back up two 80 minute performances. Cannot see him getting dropped for koroisau after his great game tonight.
He is fit as a fiddle. But if he plays 80 with 4 days break against the Roosters. Does he play 4 days later against the rabbits? He's not being dropped. Rested to be ready for the big game he can help us win against the rabbits!

For mine I'd go with the below:

1. B. Stewart
2. J. Taufau
3. J. Lyon
4. S. Matai
5. T. Trbojevic
6. D. Walker
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. J. Starling
9. M. Parcell
10. N. Myles
11. F. Mateo
12. T. Symonds
13. J. Trbojevic

14. B. Lawrence
15. L. Brown
16. S. Vave
17. D. Lussick

Give Buhrer another week to get fit and confident. We have rushed him back in the past to his detriment.

If Brown doesn't pull his finger out he should be dropped for Buhrer against Souths.

For mine Lussick gets the nod ahead of Fonua-Blake. I still think he was unlucky to be dropped after round one.

Mateo I think played very well in limited minutes and whilst he doesn't have the power game of Taupau (nobody does for that matter) he does have the crafty finesse skill that could be used to exploit the edges with Lussick and Lawrence road grating up the middle.

1.Brett Stewart
2.Jorge Taufua
3.Steve Matai
4. Jamie Lyon (C)
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. Dylan Walker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Matt Parcell
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Blake Leary
12. Tom Symonds
Interchange
14. Nate Myles
15. Lewis Brown
16. Feleti Mateo
17. Siosaia Vave

Pretty much agree but I'd start Myles & bring BJ on when the rooters have used some gas

For mine I'd go with the below:

1. B. Stewart
2. J. Taufau
3. J. Lyon
4. S. Matai
5. T. Trbojevic
6. D. Walker
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. J. Starling
9. M. Parcell
10. N. Myles
11. F. Mateo
12. T. Symonds
13. J. Trbojevic

14. B. Lawrence
15. L. Brown
16. S. Vave
17. D. Lussick

Give Buhrer another week to get fit and confident. We have rushed him back in the past to his detriment.

If Brown doesn't pull his finger out he should be dropped for Buhrer against Souths.

For mine Lussick gets the nod ahead of Fonua-Blake. I still think he was unlucky to be dropped after round one.

Mateo I think played very well in limited minutes and whilst he doesn't have the power game of Taupau (nobody does for that matter) he does have the crafty finesse skill that could be used to exploit the edges with Lussick and Lawrence road grating up the middle.
I prefer this squad to the others posted with a smaller back row. You can't take Marty out and replace him with Leary. You need someone who can "bend the line" as much as I hate that saying.

01. Stewart
02. Taufua
03. Matai
04. Lyon
05. Tom t
06. Walker
07. DCE
08. Starling
09. Parcell
10. Myles
11. Symonds
12. Mateo