MVP: Rd 8 v Knights

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
Just got back to Travelodge and still ****ing pissed off!

Anyhoo, voting for Rd 8 open:

3 The General
2 AFB
1 Sandwich

Vote away!

Paseka went well
Chez a lot better
Cust looks the goods, hopefully Des has finally realised.
Garrick went extremely well, still needs a bit of positional training but was a huge improvement from last week.
The rest was just more of what we expect

Other than his pass to my aunt who lives out that direction in Cromer, Cust went well today.
Haha we keep talking about Burton Foran etc. Could Cust possibly be the answer? He always impresses and will only get better with more game time. He has a nice short kick and is always trying something which seems to take pressure off Chez. Even though we lost it was a huge improvement in team performance

3 Dce
2 Garrick
1 AFB

DCE is honestly the only bloke in that backline that has points in him. So disappointing seeing manly fans bash him when he makes say 1 mistake in a game like that. He has by far the most touches and is the only bloke with any creativity... if we didnt have him, and with Tom injured, we’d score as many points as the Titans. Cust ran well and should be our 6... but Sucks watching Tom get injured because the consensus goes “well theres our season” and theyre right.

Garrick was great at fullback but we really need to bring metcalf in there somewhere even if its just at 14 with stints on wing/fullback. Suli is the only other player (bar Tom and DCE, and maybe Walker) that threatens the line and worries opposition... however his impact on a match is solely reliant upon the ability to get him clean early ball which was stopped by Bests great defence today and will likely continue to be stopped by sides with great centres (i.e. Roosters, Storm, Eels).

Again I feel we’ve been robbed our second time this season... but thats reliant upon Garrick slotting the 2 points from the sideline... was never a penalty try but definitely a penalty.

Onwards and upwards, really just hope Des brings in Metcalf or even Hopoate or Schuster in some form... we need to find someone with proper attacking threat besides DCE when Tom’s injured.

Last edited:
Haha we keep talking about Burton Foran etc. Could Cust possibly be the answer? He always impresses and will only get better with more game time. He has a nice short kick and is always trying something which seems to take pressure off Chez. Even though we lost it was a huge improvement in team performance

I was critical of Cust last year because I did see some problems in his game. But right now, you might be right. Croker obviously is going better at dummy half than Levi, and Cust went well today at 5/8. I really can't see Des dropping Levi at all, but I can see us starting with Cust in the halves next week.

Its just too easy for opposition defences to shut us down, especially without Turbo and Walks, when DCE is the only one doing any play making or kicking. If Cust can show the type of form he did today and last week, it would take a lot of pressure from Cherry.

3 - Garrick
2 - Cust
1 - AFB

Disappointing game. Team were off today. Paseka and Keppie were good in defence but Paseka still offers nothing in aggression or attack with the smaller boys making more PCM's.

3. DCE
2. Parker (I thought he shut down Ponga so well)
1. Cust (for having a crack, but be gee his penalty when he pushed the knights player over the touch line 1m out on the sideline pissed me off 100x more than pass to no one)

3. Garrick. Really surprised me today. Very safe, massive improvement on last week. Plus he gave Ponga a great "don't argue".
2. Cust. Every time I see him, I think he belongs in first grade. Yes, he made a few errors, but you can't fault his effort, his mongrel and his desire to make something happen. Knows how to sniff out a try, too.
1. Levi. Did nothing wrong (that I remember, anyway). Great hustle and leap on a kick chase that nearly led to a try.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8