Rd 2 the real premiers vs the pre season premiers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Im thinking
1 snake
2 wolf
3 Lyon
4 Jamie b
5 oldfield
6 kiz
7 Dce
8 king
9 ballin
10 kite
11choc
12 trex
13 gift

14 mauro
15 lussick
16 Robinson
17 rose???

I think we should have a back on the bench instead of Rose.

Any suggestions???

Hey Cambo,

I am eagerly awaiting your post in the Piss Off Des thread. I know it will give me laugh.

Hop to it.

The Tigers are fast and play a unstructured game. Rose is too slow (and possibly stupid) in the defensive line. If Toovs is to play four forwards on the bench then Harrison should come into consideration. I'd play Whare instead of Buhrer in the centres, then he goes back to the bench, or replaces Gift, depending on his injured hand..Anyway, hopefully the club will have buses running.

Yeah i can't see Rose coming back to play the most nimble team in the comp this weekend. That's probably the team i'd pick Cambo.

Might be Taufua's chance to debut in the centres. He was on standby for Matai against the Warriors.

I was thinking Harrison but don't recall seeing him in nsw cup line up.

I like Bruher defensively that why I thought he would be good covering matai

If both teams perform like they did yesterday its Manly by plenty. The Tigers seemed to just be in 2nd gear almost waiting for the big clash against the Seaeagles.
The danger area is def the centres - Ayshford & Lawrence so Buhrer could well play there.
Gift in doubt & Matai is too important to risk, prefer him to mend this before it turns into an 8 week sideline job. Whare does not give me mass confidence in defence & dont know too much about Taufua, but Buhrer apart from getting trampled on 1 occassion by Hurrell looked solid yesterday.

Look i know the tigers are the bookies favorites but they have got nothing.I actually see them going backwards. IMO , Benji is the most immature adult ive ever seen and his footy reflects that. I think his punitive size, freakish talents and smug attitude was all cute and rosy as he grew up and as a result has never had to really put in, and it shows

When he kicked the field goal yesterday his celebrations were over the top, and the little finger wave was more about the opposition that his own team. And its that kind of attitude that holds him back

On the other side you have robbie Mr serious farrah. Its only a matter of time that Farrah who obviously wants to turn the talk into trophies gets all to honest with Benji. I see a massive fall out there in the coming years

For the tigers to do well, marshall has to get a 20 week injury, Moltzen has to stand up and lead the team, they need to find another no 6, and benji needs to learn his team is better off without him

If that happened and he returned in round 25 he could really help them in the finals, but until them the tigers have no chance. I doubt he could go more than a month without returning to his old ways

Pardon the cliche but season defining game already!
Remeber the travelling that we've done in the last fortnight and now the injuries.The space between games Auckland Sunday, Gosford Friday (poor timing NRL).

If we go one to win this put a line through the Tigers for 2012

I don't know if Big George would be any worse a defender against Benji than Kingy and Mauro. They had concrete boots on a few occasions yesterday. I like George off the bench, if he's at his best he is a great ball carrier and bending the line back and quick play the balls helps make our halves dangerous. I actually think Mauro looked the most sluggish out of our forwards yesterday and wouldn't surprise me if he's left out.

Can't wait for the Gift v Blair rematch. There's already tension between the 2 teams and add Blair to that, it's going to be on!!

eagles2win said:
Pardon the cliche but season defining game already!
Remeber the travelling that we've done in the last fortnight and now the injuries.The space between games Auckland Sunday, Gosford Friday (poor timing NRL).

If we go one to win this put a line through the Tigers for 2012

I rule no one in or out until after origin. March form means nothing at all come September and October.

Masked Eagle said:
I don't know if Big George would be any worse a defender against Benji than Kingy and Mauro. They had concrete boots on a few occasions yesterday. I like George off the bench, if he's at his best he is a great ball carrier and bending the line back and quick play the balls helps make our halves dangerous. I actually think Mauro looked the most sluggish out of our forwards yesterday and wouldn't surprise me if he's left out.

Agree with this...in defence they are probably on par with each other. With the ball I think George makes more metres and has an offload. Vic just tucks it under the arm and is usually quite flat in attack as the commentators mentioned a few times yesterday.

I knew we were in it up to our eyeballs when we played the roosters last year.
You may not win premierships in march but the attitude you have in early games sets the tone for the rest of the season.

eagles2win said:
I knew we were in it up to our eyeballs when we played the roosters last year.
You may not win premierships in march but the attitude you have in early games sets the tone for the rest of the season.

I actually believe a team could lose its first 8-10 games and still win the comp.

Parramatta in 2009 was a good example only winning 3 of the first 11 matches.

The ludicrous finals system that allows half the competition to play in the finals all but discounts early season form.

Sure Bob, last year I thought we looked the goods in the first game loss to the Storm. The Rorters win confirmed my thoughts. Yesterdays win was an emphatic call to the Toovs doubters and dispelled any thoughts of complacency in the team. It would have been understandable if we had of lost the game, especially in the last ten minutes, but we didn't. Not only because of the Warriors mistakes, but also to the determination to get to the ball and hang onto it. On the Tigers? From looking at them on the replay, they are still a one-man-band, with a few outside backs who are capable. They do not look like a happy unit. Hold the line and they go nowhere.

01. Stewart
02. Oldfield
03. Whare
04. Lyon
05. Williams (Wolf)
06. Foran
07. DCE
08. King
09. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. Willaims (TREX)
13. Stewart

14. Buhrer
15. Lussick
16. Mauro
17. Robinsom
18. Galuvou (when does nood make his return) ?

In my opinion i think The tigers will go lateral all day looking to expose our centres, whilst doing that they wont play direct which will give us an opportunity for our forwards to be dominant !

Does any one know what is actually wrong with Joe G?

I was under the impression that he and Rose were both re-signed last year as well as tying up King and Kite so if neither Joe or George are playing first grade that's a fair chunk of salary cap not even on the bench.

Personally I would start Joe ahead of Kite - it might fire the big man (Kite) up a bit.

King looks frustrated all the time - pushing nothing offloads and giving away silly penalties.

I think Gorgeous George would be a sensation in England!

I recall Round 2 last year against the Roosters. We had many injuries and suspensions. We sent out lots of youngsters in that game. Their enthusiasm, led by Foz, was infectious, and we had a great win. So again give the younger brigade the opportunity to impress when we might have quite a few injuries.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8