MVP: Rd 14 v Cowboys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DCE
Guacamole
Garrick

Sure making it hard to pick only 3 people out when they are all playing as a team but what a great problem to have. I can easily learn to live with it though.

3 Points DCE

remote.axd

2 points Marty

remote.axd

1 point Olakau'atu

remote.axd
Very creative GE. Two points to you.

My Ferris Ashton award of Patra orange juice and a Viking sauna to Rueben and the Frank Hyde award of a Seiko watch to Haumole. The State Bank MoM award to Keiran.
Good choices. Who gets the Flexalum lawn locker and Pelaco shirt?

DCE - in everything
Reuben Sandwich - super duper
Lawton - so important to this team!

Shout outs to other to performers Foz, Croker, Guac Ole!, Paseka, Kapow

NYEagle

I must have watched a different game cos I thought Chez was a bit of a headless chook again. He's either gotta give early ball or just run to a gap. He does this whole pause and step back in and offload just about every time he gets the ball. Just pin your ears back or pass early. He was ok.and did some good things but still way too much of this headless chook stuff.

1. DCE by a country mile. One of his very best games
2. Garrick. Amazing that this guy had seemed such a mess at full back in the past. Today he was outstanding
3 Olakau'atu. A real menace for the defence

Special mention to Taupau (did a tonne of work), Suli (best game I've seen from him), Lawton (what a great find), Parker (one of his best games), Croker (great service) Foran (did some clever stuff early that got them started.

But the whole team deserves credit.

I must have watched a different game cos I thought Chez was a bit of a headless chook again. He's either gotta give early ball or just run to a gap. He does this whole pause and step back in and offload just about every time he gets the ball. Just pin your ears back or pass early. He was ok.and did some good things but still way too much of this headless chook stuff.

Personally I'm astonished you criticise him. He was the primary reason Manly won so easily

Yep. You were watching the Newcastle game. Confirm .

Watched the replay and I stand by my comment. Take out his 3 try assists and he was plain confused out there!

There are players in the game who have a special talent to create opportunities. John Gibbs had it, Andrew Johns had it, Thurston had it, Cliffy had it. And the one thing they have is the ability to confuse the opposition.

Not sure if you ever watched Thurston play. He wasn't that different from DCE (though he'd probably hate the thought). He jinked, ran in circles, caused havoc to opposition sides because of his speed and unpredictability. His actions, like DCE, created confusion in the opposition and helped create gaps.

Lyons didnt have that speed but he used that guile. I suspect we'll find in years to come Schuster displays the same uncertainty. Players who just run at the opposition and stick to straight lines become very predictable, though a player like. Foran does it but he runs usually at the gap between two players to commit both and passes just as they are hitting him, thereby creating a gap.

Its all about playing chess with the opposition. Deception is always the key and DCE does it better than any other player in the Sea Eagles camp and probably better than most others in the comp bar perhaps two or three. Without him, Manly would be far less effective.

Not sure if you ever watched Thurston play. He wasn't that different from DCE (though he'd probably hate the thought). He jinked, ran in circles, caused havoc to opposition sides because of his speed and unpredictability. His actions, like DCE, created confusion in the opposition and helped create gaps.
Good point, Bearfax - when Cherry is that good at confusing Many fans and himself, we can only imagine how confused the opposition must be!

I kid, I kid. I actually thought it was one of his best games as Manly captain. Gutsy to back up from such a deflating loss in Origin and lead from the front. He was also very elusive, one of those games where he was covered in the proverbial spiders - seemed like he was skipping out of tackles at will. Threw some lovely passes, put in some great kicks and defended well. Hard to imagine what else he could have done.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2