Rates rise 1.4% under Labor: report

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Will you vote for labour now? Guaranteed higher interest rates and higher unemployement.

More interest rate rises are on the way if Labor wins the election, according to a report commissioned by business groups.

It claims interest rates will rise a further 1.4 per cent, with the loss of more than 300,000 jobs, if Labor wins the election and keeps its promise to scrap the federal government's workplace laws.

Bolstering its new multi-million-dollar advertising campaign, a coalition of business groups will release a study predicting significant costs to the economy if coalition workplace reforms are ditched, The Australian reports.

The study by forecaster Econtech claims the party's plan to reverse industrial relations laws would cut real average wages by up to $787 a week.

Econtech study, commissioned by the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry for release, presents a positive picture of workplace reforms started by the Keating government in 1993 and continued by Prime Minister John Howard's government.

But it warns that winding back the laws as pledged by Opposition Leader Kevin Mr Rudd would push up inflation, adding as much as 1.4 per cent to interest rates by 2011.

© 2007 AAP

More interest rate rises are on the way if Labor wins the election, according to a report commissioned by business groups.
Honestly Tookey :roll:
I guess the reports that smoking is good for your health provided by the Tobacco companies has just as much weight.

[quote author=tookey]
Honestly Tookey :roll:
I guess the reports that smoking is good for your health provided by the Tobacco companies has just as much weight.

[/quote]

If Labour is so adamant that they will dismantle the AWA system then why does Kevin Rudd's wife think that AWA's are so good?

If Labour is so against the Libs industrial relations policy then where the **** has Julia Gillard dissapeared to? She is their spokeserson but she is nowhere to be seen.

Could someone please provide me with details of Labours policies on tax, health care and the environment? Not likely because they don't have any.

Howard is not the greatest leader but at least he has a track record and the economy is going very well with the lowest unemployment rate in 33 years.

People are against Howard because they don't like him. Fair enough. But why would anyone vote for another party who doesn't have any policies?

Tookey, to quote the very wise Stifler

"FUK THE ****ERS"

So save you breathe son.

gallery_Steve_Stifler_1.jpg

These are the same losers that thought Latham was a good option.

Byso, I feel very sad for you that you lead your life informed by the banner headlines for the Daily Telegraph that you see on your way to work each morning.

It is just not balanced.

Will you vote for John Howard now? Guaranteed higher interest rates and higher unemployement and more pain for Australian working conditions whilst companies continue to make huge profits.

More pain for workers is on the way if the Liberals win the election, according to a report commissioned by the ACTU.

It claims interest rates will rise a further 1.4 per cent anyway, with the loss of overtime, penalty rates and employee flexibility, if the Liberals win the election and keep their promise to further roll out the federal government's workplace laws.

Countering the new multi-million-dollar advertising campaign put up by employers groups, who have a vested interest in supporting Howard and the bosses, independent research is predicting significant costs to families and working conditions, The Australian reports.

The study by forecaster Wankertech claims the Liberal’s plan to impose further industrial relations laws will have empoyees working longer hours, with fewer rights, all to boost the shareholders pockets.

Wankertech study, commissioned by the Australian ACTU release, presents a negative picture of workplace reforms foisted on the unsuspecting public by an ideological driven John Howard government.

But it ignores the scare campaign that winding back the laws as pledged by Opposition Leader Kevin Mr Rudd would push up inflation, adding as much as 1.4 per cent to interest rates by 2011. This is pure BS and is based on ‘scare tactics’ in a desperate attempt by big business to keep control of the workplace at the expense of common sense and the rights of Australian employees.

© 2007 CRAP

The article posted by Tookey is unmitigated crap. It is based on research from employer groups wanting more of the same.

It is scare tactics at their best. Deconstruction of the language is interesting:

"according to a report commissioned by employer groups"

"a coalition of business groups"

"1.4 interest rate rise"

"cut average wages by an average $787 per week"

"presents a postive picture of workplace reforms started by Paul Keating .."

This whole article is based on emotive language emanating out of a study commissioned by employers, They must think Australians are very dumb. Big Business is wanting to protect what they have achieved under Howard, at the expense of a fair go for the everyday Aussie. It is scare tactics and absolute garbage!!!!!

CW, did you watch the address to churches by Howard and Rudd last night? I skipped it as I couldn't stomach the questions that would come from the usual coterie of evangelical "heavyweights" with a lightweight intellect.

However, I notice that Howard excused his social policies with a "the rich have become richer but the poor haven't become poorer" whitewashing.

You can tell he is not struggling to pay off a mortgage while faced with petrol prices the way they are.

I have said for the past 12 months that the Reserve risk tipping us into stagflation with increased interest rate rises. Perhaps this latest one is the one that will tip us over the edge.

If so the election will be a bloodbath and Rudd will be faced with the unenviable task of fixing what Howard has ****ed up.

CW, how’s the political campaigning going in your new school this year? ;)

How many policies did Howard release in 1996?

Sorry but I cannot remember back that far but it must have been quiet a few and they must have been very good because Howard beat the worlds best prime miniuetr Paul keating that year. :lol:

More pain for workers is on the way if the Liberals win the election, according to a report commissioned by the ACTU.

It claims interest rates will rise a further 1.4 per cent anyway, with the loss of overtime, penalty rates and employee flexibility, if the Liberals win the election and keep their promise to further roll out the federal government's workplace laws.

Countering the new multi-million-dollar advertising campaign put up by employers groups, who have a vested interest in supporting Howard and the bosses, independent research is predicting significant costs to families and working conditions, The Australian reports.

The study by forecaster Wankertech claims the Liberal’s plan to impose further industrial relations laws will have empoyees working longer hours, with fewer rights, all to boost the shareholders pockets.

Wankertech study, commissioned by the Australian ACTU release, presents a negative picture of workplace reforms foisted on the unsuspecting public by an ideological driven John Howard government.

But it ignores the scare campaign that winding back the laws as pledged by Opposition Leader Kevin Mr Rudd would push up inflation, adding as much as 1.4 per cent to interest rates by 2011. This is pure BS and is based on ‘scare tactics’ in a desperate attempt by big business to keep control of the workplace at the expense of common sense and the rights of Australian employees.

© 2007 CRAP

Hmmm. Which report will I beleive.

One commisioned by a company who has highly qualifed staff on its payroll including Chris Murphy B.Ec (Hons) (Sydney), M.Ec (ANU) Director

Chris has worked as an economic modeller at the Commonwealth Treasury. He developed the Murphy Model (MM) at the ANU, and its successor, MM2, at Econtech. MM2 is used for national, industry, state and demographic forecasting. More recently, he constructed the MM600+ model, which is used to analyse the effects of economic changes, including tax reform, on individual industries and the national economy. He has also constructed models of Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore and Hong Kong for the governments of those countries, and is based in our Canberra office

or one commssioned by a group of union thugs who are mostly from irish backgrounds who cannot read or write believe that leprechauns live in their gardens?

One commisioned by a company who has highly qualifed staff on its payroll including Chris Murphy B.Ec (Hons) (Sydney), M.Ec (ANU) Director

Chris has worked as an economic modeller at the Commonwealth Treasury. He developed the Murphy Model (MM) at the ANU, and its successor, MM2, at Econtech. MM2 is used for national, industry, state and demographic forecasting. More recently, he constructed the MM600+ model, which is used to analyse the effects of economic changes, including tax reform, on individual industries and the national economy. He has also constructed models of Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore and Hong Kong for the governments of those countries, and is based in our Canberra office

Hmmmm As someone similarly qualified I think it fair to say that most economic modelling is still in the realms of tea-leaf reading.

And given the bloke is on someone's pay-roll as you suggest, he's not even in control of tipping the leaves out of the cup.

I disagree with his synopsis and certainly contend that he starts on skewed ground.

My spin on that article was just a p!ss take of course. My point is that it is easy for articles to report this sort of thing as fact. Of course big business has an agenda of maintaining work choices as a viable option as it benefits them.

I am no fan of what Joe Hockey terms Union Bosses and surely memory will tell you that they certainly didn't run the country in the Hawke/Keating years. In fact, many reforms that supported both big and small business were implemented by Keating as treasurer.

On both fiscal and monetary policy there is very little difference between the Libs and Labor and the pragmatics of Govt determine that our Govt will always be conservative.

It is in the area of social policy that I differ from Howard - it is in things such as the lives of families and in the support of those that can't help themselves that I support. I am also wary of the ideological decisions that have impacted on a less fair and cohesive society. I think that this Govt is the most dishonest one ever to govern in Australia and Howard has overstayed his time.

Despite what Howard says much of the prosperity of current Australia has to do with both Macro and Micro economic reform that took place in the Keating years. The tax reform that took place under Howard is simply the next step - though that has given the Feds a lot more power and stuffed up the states, especially NSW and Vic.

Simplified what I am saying.

My spin on that article was just a p!ss take of course. My point is that it is easy for articles to report this sort of thing as fact. Of course big business has an agenda of maintaining work choices as a viable option as it benefits them.

I am no fan of what Joe Hockey terms Union Bosses and surely memory will tell you that they certainly didn't run the country in the Hawke/Keating years. In fact, many reforms that supported both big and small business were implemented by Keating as treasurer.

On both fiscal and monetary policy there is very little difference between the Libs and Labor and the pragmatics of Govt determine that our Govt will always be conservative.

It is in the area of social policy that I differ from Howard - it is in things such as the lives of families and in the support of those that can't help themselves that I support. I am also wary of the ideological decisions that have impacted on a less fair and cohesive society. I think that this Govt is the most dishonest one ever to govern in Australia and Howard has overstayed his time.

Despite what Howard says much of the prosperity of current Australia has to do with both Macro and Micro economic reform that took place in the Keating years. The tax reform that took place under Howard is simply the next step - though that has given the Feds a lot more power and stuffed up the states, especially NSW and Vic.

Simplified what I am saying.

;)

MP no Mr Popular

10Aug07

LEAKED Federal Government polling has dealt a blow to Health Minister Tony Abbott.

The findings show Mr Abbott's popularity ranks below that of the pharmaceutical industry and the Government as a whole.

The Crosby Textor report finds only 23 per cent of Australians have a sufficiently favourable impression of Mr Abbott to give him a score of seven out of 10 or higher.

But the federal MP for Warringah can take comfort in being more popular than Ageing Minister Christopher Pyne, who polled last - registering a good impression among just 5 per cent of Australians.

He also beat foreign-owned pharmaceutical companies, liked by just 14 per cent. More appreciated was the overall pharmaceutical industry, liked by 40 per cent, the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, liked by 53 per cent, and the family doctor - 78 per cent.

The local pharmacist was the most popular at 85 per cent.

The pollster concluded the most favourable opinions were reserved for individual health practitioners. ``The Government and appropriate ministers were either rated unfavourably in this context, or were not known.''

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4