Game Day: Raiders v Manly [Round 23, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Vossy match report on fox

Raiders v Sea Eagles

What a win by Manly. In front of a big Canberra crowd and minus both Joel Thompson and Moses Suli for the second half, we again saw the tenacity of Des Hasler’s team. The penalty count was frustrating with 26 awarded in 80 minutes and there are 1000 incidents to review, but I’d like to think if the same happened again next week, the sinbin would be used earlier. Despite the defeat; the Raiders still look like a top four side.ossy

If anyone deserved a sin-binning earlier it was Leilua.

A lot of that from Voss sounds like he has to give us credit for winning, but he didn't like it and still had to get in that he thinks Canberra (who we've beaten twice this year in two games) are better.

If anyone deserved a sin-binning earlier it was Leilua.

A lot of that from Voss sounds like he has to give us credit for winning, but he didn't like it and still had to get in that he thinks Canberra (who we've beaten twice this year in two games) are better.
Yep and we beat them without dce for 65 mins at brookie

Jackie.jpg

Just downloaded the HD Full game from the nrl.com site

1.03:43 to 1.03:45 Jackie caught the ball before that sloth Wighton :p

Don't understand why raiders fans want to blame the refs for this. If it was me I'd just be pissed off at Hodgson for passing the ball straight to Jetski (or at Whighton/Croker for not running onto the ball). It wasn't intercepted as it wasn't on the way to anyone :p

Those last 5 minutes of Manly's online defense should be the headlines.

12 exhausted men withheld the Top 3 Raiders :rock:

Manly winning off the back of poor refereeing makes for better headlines.

Oh well, if it means people hate us again then all good. I don't like it when it gets like last year and people are feeling sorry for us.

Didnt Croker take control after DCE went off?

I recall him scoring 2 tries in that game.

Regardless, it was a great comeback victory with our captain & halfback off the field

That's true actually. From memory I think LG had been either dropped that game or was on the bench.

Problem was that Croker did his hammy the next week. That gave LG a few weeks reprieve and saw Des bring Cust up because he had to move Walks to the left to cover for Parker who broke his jaw.

Not a mention of this in commentary either. Not during or after the game, or in the analysis of the one he nailed Rubes with ... The prick has form.
The headbutt I found today watching the replay was so obvious as AFB's head bounces back and he gives 'the look'.

Yet the MRC missed it :confused:

Didnt Croker take control after DCE went off?

I recall him scoring 2 tries in that game.

Regardless, it was a great comeback victory with our captain & halfback off the field

Also the day the Great Gifty returned to Brooky and broke bread with Tooves And then spent the night mingling with the snake and past legends and current boys after the game

I day and night Never to be forgotten

View attachment 12366

I have just watched 360 and that lizzard Crawley is still going on about Jetski being offside ,yet they STILL HAVEN'T shown any shot that proves that , its all edited/cut to show him catching the ball not being offside .Unbelievably weak story and argument and a typical example of the click bait type "journalism" that all these grubs get paid for

I have just watched 360 and that lizzard Crawley is still going on about Jetski being offside ,yet they STILL HAVEN'T shown any shot that proves that , its all edited/cut to show him catching the ball not being offside .Unbelievably weak story and argument and a typical example of the click bait type "journalism" that all these grubs get paid for
What would William H Macy know about rugby league anyway.

Geez old Gordon Tallis just gave us a serve, saying Manly are the worst wrestling team in the competition. He said that whenever Canberra were allowed to play football they blew us away.

Geez old Gordon Tallis just gave us a serve, saying Manly are the worst wrestling team in the competition. He said that whenever Canberra were allowed to play football they blew us away.
Yep. For some reason since the canberra game the media have branded us being the team with the most RUBBISH . Ikin was carrying on about our rubbish in the play the ball earlier in the week on 360.

Yep. For some reason since the canberra game the media have branded us being the team with the most RUBBISH . Ikin was carrying on about our rubbish in the play the ball earlier in the week on 360.
Yes, these media experts have just realised we are the wrestlingest, spoilingest, most rubbish-playing side.
Fair enough, we keep winning games - and it's not like we actually have good players who are playing well as a team - so I guess it must be true!

Yes, these media experts have just realised we are the wrestlingest, spoilingest, most rubbish-playing side.
Fair enough, we keep winning games - and it's not like we actually have good players who are playing well as a team - so I guess it must be true!

Funny that, quite a few of the commentators have said how much they liked our style of footy - ie direct & fast through the ruck and play off the back of that through DCE, Turbo.
Ever since the Warriors did us over with their gameplan and the refs let them get away with it other teams have tried it so we're just pushing back the envelope.

To be fair, Matty said something like "well where they were last year you just do whatever you need to do to win, don't you?"

The best thing about all this is that I keep hearing that we're messy in the ruck but I haven't heard anyone actually define what that means.

And they keep going on about the 27 penalties like they were all ours, wasn't it like 15-12 to us so who gave away the other 12, the ball boys?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8