Game Day: Raiders v Manly [Round 23, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
'Journos' all seem to like our style of play when we we're winning but still in the middle of the pack; now we're in 4th place you can actually hear the fear in their whiny voices and see the dread in their badly written articles.

I don't think I've ever seen 'the 4th estate' go after a team as relentlessly as these so called guardians of the game have done after Manly. It's also a huge problem when unqualified ex-players get media gigs to top up their *cough* third party final year payments. No class, no professionalism, no skills, and still tribally aligned biased drivel. It seems to be rare that an ex-player comments on the sport and not their agenda. I don't see a lot of him but people say Ennis is one of the decent ones for example (and how much did he annoy everyone when he played).

Even disliked teams from other sports get acknowledgement when they are doing well and some respect at least. It's a shame the Manly Daily is such a small time paper that seems to write less about Manly now.

There is not one stat that backs up the assertion that we are the most 'grubby' or the biggest wrestlers in the game. The very idea that media commentators are saying that over the likes of the Storm reeks of a few pointed phone calls being made by the storm to certain journos just to 'subtly re-educate' them. Two weeks ago the media were going after the storm and now it's supposed to be a coincidence that after the Storm complained and made phone calls to journos that all of a sudden Manly are the biggest wrestlers in the league?

Surely there's no more room in the storm trophy cabinet. Not from competitions they've won mind you, but because of all the jars of testicles they collected from journos over the years on display.

In conclusion (lol), one of you nice champions sent me a small banner when Manly were celebrating their 70th year. It hangs in front of my desk and lists all our premiership years. When the media are on their relentless 'Manly' hunt, happily endorsed by the current c.e.o, I look at this banner and smile. Keep winning Manly men!

Ek5cHeEl.jpg

Traditionally Manly is the most hated club stretching back many years
I supported Eels back in the 80s, a very innovative playing roster coached by the master coach ,Jack Gibson
The golden era for Parra, Price,Stirling,Kenny,Cronin etc great players
But I remember how it felt come finals time
Although Doggies (SteveM) were the team we were watching out for
Manly ! Was the side teams dreaded playing
Manly won 23/28 regular games during season 1983
Parra did the same in 1982
1982-83 were great Manly sides but Parra were to good on the day winning back to back premierships
Manly eventually won in 1987
Parra is a basket case of a side these days
Anyway so much for that
What I really wanted to say was unfortunately the Manly perception by Media (myself back in the day) was Manly ...the rich club!..the poachers !....arrogant !
Although not the case now ..that perception will never change.
Thanks media !
As we continue on our winning ways everyone is just simply green with envy
:envy::envy::envy:

'Journos' all seem to like our style of play when we we're winning but still in the middle of the pack; now we're in 4th place you can actually hear the fear in their whiny voices and see the dread in their badly written articles.

I don't think I've ever seen 'the 4th estate' go after a team as relentlessly as these so called guardians of the game have done after Manly. It's also a huge problem when unqualified ex-players get media gigs to top up their *cough* third party final year payments. No class, no professionalism, no skills, and still tribally aligned biased drivel. It seems to be rare that an ex-player comments on the sport and not their agenda. I don't see a lot of him but people say Ennis is one of the decent ones for example (and how much did he annoy everyone when he played).

Even disliked teams from other sports get acknowledgement when they are doing well and some respect at least. It's a shame the Manly Daily is such a small time paper that seems to write less about Manly now.

There is not one stat that backs up the assertion that we are the most 'grubby' or the biggest wrestlers in the game. The very idea that media commentators are saying that over the likes of the Storm reeks of a few pointed phone calls being made by the storm to certain journos just to 'subtly re-educate' them. Two weeks ago the media were going after the storm and now it's supposed to be a coincidence that after the Storm complained and made phone calls to journos that all of a sudden Manly are the biggest wrestlers in the league?

Surely there's no more room in the storm trophy cabinet. Not from competitions they've won mind you, but because of all the jars of testicles they collected from journos over the years on display.

In conclusion (lol), one of you nice champions sent me a small banner when Manly were celebrating their 70th year. It hangs in front of my desk and lists all our premiership years. When the media are on their relentless 'Manly' hunt, happily endorsed by the current c.e.o, I look at this banner and smile. Keep winning Manly men!

Ek5cHeEl.jpg
If ur manly or melb and winning these clowns want to drive the knife in. Arguably the best two sides in the comp right now and all the media twerps want to do is parrot on about how messy the game will be. Hold on, when we last played the game went to golden point and so far has been the best game of the year bar none! Nah this will just be a messy wrestling match......

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8