Rabbits Stupidity, Good for the Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PEPSI

Bencher
While its well documented im a huge fan of both Orford and Anasta and wouldnt mind seeing on of those guys at the eagles carving up behind our forward pack, if that doesnt happen then both of them going to the drowning bunnies is the next best thing for us.

Its no point having quality halves if you dont have the forward power to give them the abilty to succeed. manly proved that to re build a club, you start with the engine room and work from there. ( ie BKs / improvement in Choc etc etc)

No point in having Ferrari handling and control with a morris minor engine.

It will be a double edged sword as the Storm and Doggies have been two of the stronger teams over the recent years and this will obvioulsy weaken there prospects.

yet to believe this will happen till i see it as confirmed, neither of these guys really need the money and would not want to struggle all year, it would probably spell the end of rep footy for them both as well if the rabbits stay in the cellar.

If it does happen, as i said, good result for the eagles. :clap: :clap:

I hear you Pepsi. Why wouldn't they take the cash?

Orford is getting old and may only have 3 good years left. He probably wont be getting any rep honours anyhow. So he's better off looking after his future.

Anasta certainly wont care he definately looks like a dollar worshiper!

My sentiments exactly, I've said it before but I'll say it again Souths in there current state should not be in the comp!

I hear you Pepsi. Why wouldn't they take the cash?

Orford is getting old and may only have 3 good years left. He probably wont be getting any rep honours anyhow. So he's better off looking after his future.

Anasta certainly wont care he definately looks like a dollar worshiper!
Byso - in three years time Orford will still be two years younger than Kennedy and Menzies who play in the more physically demanding position in the forwards and seem to cope okay.

Get a handle on reality. If Orford is the man to get Souths (or any club) up off the floor it is worth it. Just look at the difference in the Sea Eagles this year! :lie:
:lie:

Souths need the Central Coast/ relocation to get them off the floor- I would say the club would be well aware of this.
I can't see the Redfern Oval project getting off the ground.
If Souths don't relocate they are always going to be the poor cousin of the Roosters who will always have plenty of funds.

Sory for saying the Messiah is getting old.

Orford will help, but both Anasta and Orford can kill there club......not such a bad thing really :lol:

Spend the majority of salary cap on two players, cant afford good players around them. Like forwards. Then lose many games, then get poor crowds. Then lose sponsors. No money then die.

In a nutshell, a little over the top, yep!

We were in a similar predicament not so long ago. We didn't do crazy stuff like that! Both kite and kennedy came for the price of one Orford!

The financial pressure in regard to paying 2 blokes what you could probably get away with paying 10 players. I wouldn't say that and that alone will break them but it will be interesting to see how they fare in regard to the salary cap and fitting more decent players under it.
With Fletcher gone and Ashley Harrison likely to leave they will still be short on top line talent.
It will also be interesting to see how the players perform as being paid that amount of money, the pressure would be well and truely on from the club and supporters alike to do some special things.

The bottom line is that Fletcher is leaving for England, both Harrison and Walker are putting themselves on the open market and they have made virtually no progress this year to date. They can't keep their current good players let alone get some more. Interesting to read their fan sites last night. Some live in hope but McRae and Richo have not made an impact at this point.

People forget that Manly came good in the final 3rd of last season and had a base to build on for this year. We recruited Smartly and didn't blow money on 'transit lounge passengers' once we missed out on Tutu Tahoo and 'Better than his brother' Monaghan!

Predictable 'hook, line and sinker' from Byso. If only fish were so easy to catch, I would be on a Seafood diet!! :clap: :clap:

All this from the looney who leaves silly little articles on the social pages about his political obsession and then wonders whey we ignore him!!! (Because we are not as gullible as you! If clocks were as easy to wind up, I wouldn't need any batteries!!!) :stupid:

I think Souths are only a couple of players away from becoming a better team. My little brother goes for them ( God only knows why! ) and I've been to a few games with him where they've played. They seem to be like the Eagles a few years back where they play well in one half of the game, but crap in the other.

I think they need a great eye for talent like we have wil Noel Cleal. How good is he at picking players who have potential!?!?

I doubt if Orford or Anasta will come to the Eagles, but I doubt even more if they'll go to Souths...

if the messiah and anasta go to souths they would have to be premiership favourites.

Certainly they would kick our asses with King and Monas on the team

Predictable 'hook, line and sinker' from Byso. If only fish were so easy to catch, I would be on a Seafood diet!! :clap: :clap:

All this from the looney who leaves silly little articles on the social pages about his political obsession and then wonders whey we ignore him!!! (Because we are not as gullible as you! If clocks were as easy to wind up, I wouldn't need any batteries!!!) :stupid:

Oh boy CW how predictable is your response. You say you ignore me, then you come out with that tripe.....please.....I know your utopia is for all to have a one tracked mind. I won’t apologies for not sharing you wise philosophy.

I sure was. I should refraise it so you dont get your nose out of joint any further.

I think Harrison could slot in our side nicly. Although I could be wrong?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4