Rabbitohs//Nrl/Avau'a = disgrace

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ3SC-gVvy0

We need to drum into these guys the message about responsible drinking. Maybe this add would be effective?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF1E5ZO8Lug

Dan said:
What about the reverse when women hit a man, what is a man meant to do just cop a tirade of fly swats?
Not saying any violence against women is right but I have met and seen more than a few occasions where women have gone all out psycho hitting kicking punching and scratching but all men can do is cop it. Hell I had a woman run at with a knife once, I was lucky I was able to disarm her and put her in a hold until she calmed down but I can see other guys clocking a woman in such an event and getting blamed for it.
Again not condoning violence but some wonen instigate violence then cry foul when a stronger man defends themselves
I suspect you already know the answer. Of course you can defend yourself, but that doesn't mean if someone else starts the fight you are allowed to finish it. You are allowed only to take what steps are reasonable to defend yourself. Gender makes no difference.

Not to say false allegations are never made, we all know they are. But all the players involved in these situations get legal advice and if self defence was available they wouldn't plead guilty, simple as that.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Dan said:
What about the reverse when women hit a man, what is a man meant to do just cop a tirade of fly swats?
Not saying any violence against women is right but I have met and seen more than a few occasions where women have gone all out psycho hitting kicking punching and scratching but all men can do is cop it. Hell I had a woman run at with a knife once, I was lucky I was able to disarm her and put her in a hold until she calmed down but I can see other guys clocking a woman in such an event and getting blamed for it.
Again not condoning violence but some wonen instigate violence then cry foul when a stronger man defends themselves
I suspect you already know the answer. Of course you can defend yourself, but that doesn't mean if someone else starts the fight you are allowed to finish it. You are allowed only to take what steps are reasonable to defend yourself. Gender makes no difference.

Not to say false allegations are never made, we all know they are. But all the players involved in these situations get legal advice and if self defence was available they wouldn't plead guilty, simple as that.
We were discussing this this afternoon. my mates missus said pretty much what Dan was saying. My two bobs worth consisted of whether or not it's a controlled hold, or some calm the f**k down jiu jitsu move, then you better make sure you've got plenty of witnesses, because a bloke will have buckleys of getting the law to believe him.

Dan said:

I've also seen some destructive relationships that featured aggressive women and 'victim' men. You would expect the investigation/courts to establish the background and that matters like this shouldn't see blokes unnecessarily punished. But it is unfortunately fact that once a complaint is made, the world turns on the bloke in the first instance, without any proof or understanding of what can be a complex situation.

Be that as it may, between 1999 and 2009 the NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research says 87.7% of domestic violence assaults were committed by males. Not sure how many of those you think were 'unnecessarily punished'...

Dan said:
What's complex here?

If you use reasonable force then you got nothing to worry about. If its excessive then you've got something to worry about.

Reasonable force against the average woman is way, way, way less than what's required against the average man. Isn't it?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6