R8 MANLY NSW CUP V WENTY

For those who are not going to the Monday night game against the dragons , I suggest that we all should support our NSW cup team playing at brooky today.
They are a good side of up and coming players and deserve our support .
You also get the chance to see some of our depth in the playing roster.
Starts at 3pm. You can get coffee and snacks.
Go Manly

Sad that we've lost Chee-Kam for a month or more. A star in the making. Good to see young Gutherson get a place with the big boys. Trbojevic mustnt be far from moving up. He dominates the forwards in the U20s and he and Sao together would be a sight to behold (Manly's future bookends?).

Watched young Gutherson and Trbojevic (Turboman) in the recent rep game. Turboman is very solid and willing and will develop into a top forward. Gutherson has some of the attributes of Brett Stewart. He's fast, seems to know where to be, is an excellent distributor (put several players through gaps) has excellent timing and good defence. And he has a good football brain. But he is still a little stringy and I think needs another year to bulk up a little because I suspect he would be eaten by some of the first grade forwards at this stage. But a star in the making and I hope Manly extends his and Turboman's contracts very soon before avarice eyes offer a fortune for them to play elsewhere.

No Jason Seage either. Leading 10 nil. 14 to go 1st half

Another one I just realised isnt here is James Hasson. Hiku scores in corner 14-4 manly lead. 4 till half time

Cheers for the updates FB.

I'm glad we've gone into halftime with a decent lead as I wasn't expecting us to win this one.

2 second half trys to wenty. They lead 16-14

26-14 wenty. Weve stopped tackling

We lost 38-14. It was 34 nil to wenty in the second half. Wentys NRL experience was too much in the end. Our boys had a dig but class told in the end. Gutherson went ok but struggled a bit in the second half with his defence. He was marking Cheyse Blair so a big step up for the kid.

We went well in the first half but had a strong wind behind us, Wenty had too much speed out wide, their first 3 tries after half time they just went round us. We were as bit unlucky to get a couple of tries disallowed in the 2nd half and Kayne Lawton almost scored, still don't know how he didn't. But in then FB was right, too much NRL experience Ben Smith, Roberts, Blair, Harrision and a few others.

Lost Gagen and Lawton in the 2nd half as well to injury. Sao is getting better all the time and the other front rower had a real dig. Chislom was good as well as was Hiku, he one nice long run which was unlucky not to score from, just couldn't find the support.

The mole is reporting that James Hasson will make his debut off the bench on Monday replacing Gower.

Thanks again Fairy Bower for an excellent commentary about the game. very disappointing but some pluses. Young Gutherson needed the experience of playing the big boys because despite outstanding talent that I think will make him a future test player, he is still a raw skinny kid who needs to build up, before he makes his first grade introduction in 2014. I think Trbojevic (Turboman) is closer to a first grade appearance, though not yet.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2