R6 MANLY NSW CUP V ILLAWARRA CUTTERS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fairy Bower

Reserve Grader
A couple of minor alterations to the team this week. Ligi Sao comes off the bench and starts at 8 while James Hasson starts at 13 with Ben Musolino in a bench position. Good to see Sao get a starting spot - a good move in my view.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=71916&title=vb-nsw-cup-team-lists---round-six

Manly Sea Eagles Vs Illawarra Cutters
Brookvale Oval, Saturday, April 13
Kick-off: 3.00pm
Referee: Daniel Olford
Broadcast: www.nswrl.com.au’s NSWRL Match Centre Scoreboard

1. Peta Hiku
2. Dom Nasso
3. Jacob Gagan
4. Esi Tonga
5. Dean McGlinchey
6. Dane Chisholm
7. Jason Seage
8. Ligi Sao
9. Liam Higgins
10. George Rose
11. Michael Chee Kam
12. David Gower
13. James Hasson

14. Kayne Lawton
15. James Cunningham
16. Steve Tavita
17. Ben Musolino
18. Justin Lemalu

COACH: Luke Williamson

Here is the Illawarra Cutters team to play against us. They haven't won a game this year so I hope it stays that way - as some have already pointed out, it is our ON week!

Cutters have NRL experience sprinkled through their team including Lett, Vaivai, Green, Au Mau, Vea and here's a blast from the past Jarrad Hickey.

Former Eagle Josh Drinkwater returns to Brookie. His clash with Seage & Chisholm will be very interesting.

1. Michael LETT (c)
2. Jack TWIST
3. Kose LELEI
4. Junior VAIVAI
5. Nathan GREEN
6. Todd RYAN
7. Josh DRINKWATER
25. Jarrad HICKEY
9. Nathan WATERS
10. Leeson AH MAU
11. Will MATTHEWS
12. Atelea VEA
13. Matt HANDCOCK

15. Jake HAWKINS
16. Evrett VAURASI
17. Blake PHILLIPS
18. Shannon WAKEMAN
19. James GREHAN

COACH: Paul McGregor

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=72022&title=vb-nsw-cup-previews---round-six

VB NSW CUP PREVIEW - ROUND SIX

Manly Sea Eagles Vs Illawarra Cutters
Brookvale Oval, Saturday, April 13
Kick-off: 3.00pm
Referee: Daniel Olford
Broadcast: www.nswrl.com.au’s NSWRL Match Centre Scoreboard

Summary: The Manly Sea Eagles will be looking to bounce back after a poor showing against the Jets at Brooky last weekend while the Cutters are still searching for their first win of the campaign. The Cutters hit the lead early in the second half against the Wolves and looked a chance of causing the upset of the year, but unfortunately for their players and supporters, the Wolves were able to run in 26 unanswered points in the final 20 minutes. If the Cutters are to post their maiden win of 2013 this round, they will have to do it on the back of some much improved defence. Currently allowing around 35 points a game, this number would be far too high for Paul McGregor’s liking, and with a Manly side that has the likes of Esi Tonga, Dane Chisholm and Peta Hiku at their disposal, they will need to tighten things up considerably to be any chance of winning. The Cutters side looks as strong as it has all year and the inclusion of former Dogs & Sharks player in Kose Lelei may just be the spark that the Cutters are looking for. Williamson has kept the faith and named a near unchanged line up for Manly.

Talking Point: Jekyll & Hyde – A few weeks back, Knights super coach Wayne Bennett, summed up his sides chances by simply saying “It all depends on which team gets off the bus”. It was a little tongue in cheek but also a very apt description of his side that looks brilliant one week but a shadow of themselves the next. We reckon Luke Williamson and the hierarchy at Manly know exactly what Wayne was talking about! A gutsy win in Round One at home was followed up by consecutive double digit hammerings at the hands of Mounties and the Tigers respectively. But then in Round Four back at Brooky they looked like superstars once again as they dismantled perennial front runners Canterbury, only to return to the same venue the following week and be thoroughly out pointed by the Jets. Now form can swing quickly in our competition, it’s the nature of the beast given team lists can change from week to week making continuity an extremely valuable commodity. But to be fair, while having a handful of injuries and changes, Manly’s team list has been one of the more stable in the competition through the first month or so. It will be very interesting to see which Manly turns up to take on the Cutters this Saturday.

Prediction: If the ‘good’ Manly turns up they can keep the Cutters winless in 2013. Manly by 10.

We lost 36-16 against a side that hadn't won a game this year - ie. Illawarra Cutters.

Cutters 36 (T Cranston 2, M Handcock, W Matthews, M Lett, J Vaivai, E Vaurasi tries, J Vaivai 4 goals) def Manly 16 (J Gagan, D Chisholm, K Lawton tries, Chisholm 2 goals.)

Here is the team that took the field with some changes;

7. Jason Seage 21. Jackson Williams 3. Jacob Gagan 4. Esi Tonga 5. Dean McGlinchey 6. Dane Chisholm 20. Nathan Cooper 8. Ligi Sao 9. Liam Higgins 10. George Rose 11. Michael Chee Kam 15. James Cunningham 13. James Hasson 14. Kayne Lawton 16. Steve Tavita 17. Ben Musolino 18. Justin Lemalu COACH: Luke Williamson

WTF is going on with this team. Hey : I thought they were on their ON WEEK!

Some observations of this game;

Rose should be pensioned off
Seage did nothing at FB
Cunningham is over-rated
We really need skinner & Jesse back

Out played in the first half. De fence was missing. Tries were being score up the middle.

Rose was a joke. We are paying him over 200 grand and he should not get picked for the Matt's side.

I don't know what is wrong with this side. I hate to say this but I think the coach cant get this side going.

I did see Tooves blowing up and leaving his set in the stand and going to the side line and getting very angry with the trainers.

Some on here get a bit upset when we say negative stuff about George. That's terrible to think he's getting 200 grand. You should have seen him at the Mounties game.

Darren said:
Some on here get a bit upset when we say negative stuff about George. That's terrible to think he's getting 200 grand. You should have seen him at the Mounties game.

Big George is off contract this year and I cant see any other club picking him up. We shore as hell wont be keeping him.
I think he will be playing park footy next year.
May be he will be working at the drive through at K F C .?

George's head mightn't have been in it. He posted this on twitter this morning "Think I might chuck a sickie and go check out @kellyslater at manly. Great day to be in the water #FootyOrSurf #Decisions hmmm"

Boofhead said:
George's head mightn't have been in it. He posted this on twitter this morning "Think I might chuck a sickie and go check out @kellyslater at manly. Great day to be in the water #FootyOrSurf #Decisions hmmm"

That is not a good look. He seems to have an air of entitlement about him. Pull your head in and have a crack Rose. Lookin like a chump out there by the sounds of it.

Thanks for the report gents and/or lasses.

Boofhead said:
Bit early for whale watching season

He's probably realised he's so far down the pecking order that's he's no chance of a call up to 1st grade no matter how good he plays. Must be crushing for him and motivation to get back is now gone. I'm sure if he was given a run in 1st grade you'd see a different player. Unfortunately for Big George his only way back would be a stack of injuries.

the mauler said:
He's probably realized he's so far down the pecking order that's he's no chance of a call up to 1st grade no matter how good he plays. Must be crushing for him and motivation to get back is now gone. I'm sure if he was given a run in 1st grade you'd see a different player. Unfortunately for Big George his only way back would be a stack of injuries.

I have no sympathy for him. I have watched him play for 4 weeks now and he isn't even trying. Tooves will never give him another go. There are lots ahead of George this year based on his form. The ball boys are covering more ground.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7