R12 MANLY NSW CUP V WYONG ROOS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rodo said:
Anyone know how Farrar went last week in his first game back?

solid but not spectacular

Match preview from http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=75777&title=vb-nsw-cup-previews---round-twelve

Wyong Roos Vs Manly Sea Eagles
Morry Breen Oval, Sunday, June 2
Kick-off: 3.00pm
Referee: Kasey Badger
Broadcast: www.nswrl.com.au’s NSWRL Match Centre Scoreboard

Summary: A really interesting match to round things out this weekend with the bottom of the table Roos set to host the 12th placed Manly Sea Eagles. The Roos got to within a try of the Tigers late in the piece at Campbelltown last weekend before two late Tigers tries and a Luke Brooks field goal saw them head home with a 39-26 loss. The Sea Eagles also appeared set to lose as they trailed Mounties 20-6 in the second half, however the sending off of Sami Sauiluma for the visitors saw the home side totally dominate the last 20 minutes of play and as a result they snuck home 24-20. Manly’s stunning comeback probably glossed over some rather alarming play by them during the first 60 minutes though, as they found it hard to get out of their own end, and when they did, they didn’t make the most of their chances. The shining light for Manly was the form of Dane Chisholm and Ligi Sao. Sao in particular must be nearing an NRL debut in the coming weeks as he continues to hold the Manly forward pack together. Sao’s match up against former Sea Eagle, Magnus Stromquist should be an absolute beauty and one for the fans in the stands and on the hill to keep their eyes on. Stromquist won’t be the only former Sea Eagle suiting up for Wyong this weekend with the club signing Ben Shorter during the week. Shorter, like team mate Jonno Ford, has just returned from France but has plenty of experience at this level including a bust out 2011 season when Shorter lead Manly with 16 tries.

Talking Point: Four must become six – One concern for the Roos this season has been their goal kicking. Now it would be a stretch to say that it has cost them a win at some stage, but it has probably cost them a chance at a win. There is a huge difference mentally between trailing by six points with three minutes to play and trailing by ten points with three minutes to play. Last week Matt Nelson took over the responsibility when he replaced Brad Murray in the six jersey and did a reasonable job. Hopefully Matt has his kicking boots on this Sunday, because in a game that looks set to be very close, he may in the end, win it or lose it for his team. No pressure Matt.

Prediction: Wyong can win their third of the year and leapfrog Manly on the ladder in the process. Wyong by 4.

We will expect a report from Magnus - opps sorry Tim and Tom after the game telling us how he went againt Ligi.

If Magnus plays all over Sao then maybe he is the big bopper prop that we need to sign before 30 June

Here are the highlights of the last game V Mounties http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=multimedia&vid=551002

Great try by Chisholm right at the end.

Actually FB with some players returning from injury, the Manly team is beginning to look a little more formidable with Chisholm, Farrar, Gagan, Cunningham, Sao and Gower in the team and Chee-Kan apparently coming back next week. Maybe you're under rating them? You certainly know the team better than me though.

Kiwi Eagle said:
I see Taumata has been sacked by Wyong, 8 clubs for the bloke at the age of 24, unbelievable

It wasn't his fault they were just freeing up cash to pay their superstar Magnus hey @timandtom

Fairy Bower said:
Here are the highlights of the last game V Mounties http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=multimedia&vid=551002

Great try by Chisholm right at the end.

He's got Snake speed that bloke

Fairy Bower said:
12 was Ben Musolino. We got him from the Dragons.

That figures. He must have gone to the Jamie Coward school of defence . . or am I being too hard on him?

On this game, 10 or so of us manly supporters from work will be there.
More than likely near the beer tent, and hopefully many more coastie manly fans.

With no NRL side playing this week, are there any plans from the beaches brigade to make the short trip up the F3?

If so come and have a beer and say G'day!

How can anyone judge based on 3:14 of content?

From the look of it we were dominated and then ran in some late tries (we did not score until around 2:30 in) but not sure you can judge someone as a turn style or others based on that

lsz said:
How can anyone judge based on 3:14 of content?

From the look of it we were dominated and then ran in some late tries (we did not score until around 2:30 in) but not sure you can judge someone as a turn style or others based on that

I saw the last 20 minutes of the match live when we came good. But I was shocked at some of the 'defence' in the video which happened earlier. I have long been a fan of Dane Chisholm and watching his 90-minute try at the ground was a highlight. The Mounties winger had been receiving medical attention in back play and when Dane broke through he had to hobble over and try to tackle him. Quite comical for we Manly supporters.

Can't see an update anywhere on the score v Wyong. Anyone know? I'm assuming that if Wyong won and our friend Tim Strongquist had a big game then he would have already paid a visit to let us know.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6