Quick question re: Kayo, Foxtel, Live Pass or Channel 9 - please help?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
Hi all,

Technical question here....

I have young kids, so can't always watch a live match - but i ALWAYS want to watch a match before I hear the score. Sometimes, it might be a matter of catching up an hour after kick off, or 2 hours etc (when they go to bed).

I have Foxtel Go on my smart TV (not a set top box) and on't have Kayo. I also have a Live Pass on my mobile (which is tiny and useless).

My question is this:
How long after a match does a full replay become available on Foxtel?
And Kayo?
I used to have to wait 24 hours in Foxtel for a replay to be available.... is that still the case?

Please help!

Thank you

You can turn on no spoilers on Kayo. It's available straight away.

Another good feature, say if you miss the first 60 mins, you can select the watch the game from the start of the broadcast..

That's interesting (and good).

Because when I used to watch games out of order... the commentators always...like always referred to the results in previous games.

When you go into Kayo to watch an event that has already commenced it gives you the option of watching "from the start" or watching "live" (i.e join the event at whatever point it currently is at in real time). If the event has already finished you just select it from the menu and watch from the beginning

If you have no spoilers option then it hopefully won't accidentally tell you the score.

@globaleagle I don't think they have the technology to edit out commentary references to other games that may have already been completed. What true supporter would watch another game before a Manly game ??

Hi all,

Technical question here....

I have young kids, so can't always watch a live match - but i ALWAYS want to watch a match before I hear the score. Sometimes, it might be a matter of catching up an hour after kick off, or 2 hours etc (when they go to bed).

I feel your pain.Night games = Kids bedtime = 2 hour warzone that is parenting.

I have Kayo for that exact reason.

Just turn no spoilers on and then you can watch 'live'. did it most of last year and for the roosters game, had no issues. Replays are up quite quickly, but you can also 'watch live' halfway through, handy for those 7.30 kick offs.

Word of advice. Make sure you inform family and that one mate of yours 'who always likes to make alot of noise when Manly loses' (usually a parra supporter) to shut up so they dont spoil the result.

And you can sign up for 3 months free Kayo Sports.

First head over to Beteasy.com.au and sign up for an account there (no need to do anything else there except sign up). Then go to the promotions page on Beteasy. Scroll down to the Kayo Sports Special Offer and click on that. Then in the next page that opens click on the Join Kayo Now link. Sign up to Kayo Sports and you're all set. It's that easy.

First head over to Beteasy.com.au and sign up for an account there (no need to do anything else there except sign up). Then go to the promotions page on Beteasy. Scroll down to the Kayo Sports Special Offer and click on that. Then in the next page that opens click on the Join Kayo Now link. Sign up to Kayo Sports and you're all set. It's that easy.
just signed up! awesome

just signed up! awesome
Oh one other thing. Just before the 3 months is up, sign up to Beteasy with another account (just need a different email address and this is easy to do if you have gmail). Then using the promotion link from that account you can then sign up again to Kayo. For Kayo you need a new phone number (maybe use a family members number or else buy a $2 sim and activate it with $0 credit). Then you will be able to watch the whole NRL season for free.

And remember to cancel your Kayo subscription in the 3rd month to not get charged anything.

Just wanted to note that Kayo has apparently dropped the quality of their live streams to 720p, which ain't great. Unclear if this is temporary or part of a deal with the other broadcasters.

And im done. Took the option for premium too.

Im on Foxtel...but just because ive had it 20 years and find it easy to use....maybe better options but personally stick with this option

Awesome. Thanks mate. Works a treat and can sign in from anywhere.

Done, and thanks @Rodo you legend!

NRL live pass is cheaper than kayo, and realistically I'm only going to watch the manly game. The rest of sport is uninteresting to me.

Im on Foxtel...but just because ive had it 20 years and find it easy to use....maybe better options but personally stick with this option

Me too but mainly because I can use it in my caravan as well, middle of nowhere without a Megabyte or Gigabyte in sight, just stick up the Sat dish, turn it on and HD live footy anywhere!!

Me too but mainly because I can use it in my caravan as well, middle of nowhere without a Megabyte or Gigabyte in sight, just stick up the Sat dish, turn it on and HD live footy anywhere!!
Stop the fight there Mark...would stick solid knowing you have reliable footy "anywhere, anytime "....good enough for me mate!

Stop the fight there Mark...would stick solid knowing you have reliable footy "anywhere, anytime "....good enough for me mate!

We really love the outback, I look for places to stop in the middle of nowhere with a Dam, River system or pile of big rocks.

There’s just nothing like the middle of nowhere , fire outside , footy on inside ( can be outside as well as my van is set up with outside connections ), couple of coldies , the Webber set you for a steak or the camp oven in the ground cooking up a stew.

That my friend is absolute living!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4