Question re decoy runners

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Misskate, I think I love you (female??), you use common sense on a forum, now if we could transfer that to the players, we might just start winning games..

can anyone offer any explanation as to why decoy runners would ever think stopping in the line was a good thing. Even if contact is minimal it pretty much guarantees a disallowed try if your team scores. Am I missing something here?

Answers

1) Lazy
2) Getting away with a block by stepping through and turn/spin back with their inside left shoulder (a bit like the fake bomb blocking)
3) They didn't realise they were not through totally

I would presume 1 is the most obvious answer, but they might be coached to 2, and if their IQ is low enough perhaps 3.

@EagleFlys so to elaborate

Lazy also = dumb player, dumb coaching

Oh dear. We had 2-3 chances to win last night, one of them being DCE's try, but Thompson guaranteed that not happening

you can stop in the line on the inside shoulder, not the outside. every other team does it and doesn't get penalised

the video ref was watching in reverse screen i think

The only time you get away with it is the defensive player committing to the decoy runner and contacting them in the line.
Besides that the option (decoy)runner should run at the inside shoulder to ensure the defender turns feet and commits to the runner so there is no alternative but a bad defensive read

Costly error by Thompson yesterday, we go 12-4 up if that try is given. It is a confusing rule all the same, some are given and some are ignored!

Simple fact is if you make contact when the defender has not committed to you due to a bad read t’s game over no matter what shoulder it’s on.Only exception is if the try is scored much wider and had zero chance of affecting the play.The inside shoulder line makes it more likely the defender will commit but doesn’t help if you just run into him.

Under the current interpretation it was no try. And would have been disallowed if any team did it and has been quite often of late.

Lazy play like Thompson the week before.

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8