Question RE. Burns.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip and Chase - are you saying Burns is better value on the bench than Ballin?

The whole point is that Des won't play him 1st choice 5/8. That is clear.

To that end, Ballin is a better option at 14, because he can interchange with Monaghan.

Like it or not, Ballin at 14 is better than Burns. Burns could be the queen of Quebec, and I'd STILL prefer Ballin at 14.

The fact that the guy has stated that he can't wait until he gets there (Nth QLD), says to me his mind isn't on the job at hand now. So, if Des actually makes the right decision for the team and puts Ballin in at 14, I wouldn't give a flying toss about Travis Burns. I think its a move that is better for the team.

I don't know who is more confused now.

Burns is not a bench player, I don't think he offers much in that spot.

When I said he has earnt his spot I meant as our starting 6. With the current team structure of Monas and Orford at 7 and 9 we seem to go better with Lyon at centre and Burns at 5/8. I know it won't happen because Des prefers Lyon at 6 and Matai in the centres. So no room for Travis.

Anyway let's not get overly excited, Ballin is out for a few weeks so we'll see what Des has in mind for Burns next weekend.

on the original question. From the top of my head round 1 this year cross field bomb to score in the right hand corner of the scoreboard end.

Burns was a good little player and I rated him, it is not good that he has to go but such is life i dont blame him for wanting to go elsewhere to play the position he wants

yep, and that confirms the OP's point, 5 was the task and to find 1 we have gone back half a season.

I think travis brings something to the team but his attack has stalled late last year and this year.

I liked Burns and I thought he would have been a very good 5/8 in the longer term. But he's gone, good luck to him, and we now have to go forward with who the club thinks fits. Pity really as I still don't think Lyon is a 5/8, but then again what would I know?

Its a bit like asking how many try assists has the half inside Lockyer or the 5/8 outside Johns registered. Burns was not the goto man with Orford and Monas around so contributed with his best asset, defence.

I doubt if he will be up there with try assists playing outside Thurston either but at least will be in his favoured position.

I wont lose much sleep over his departure

I agree with Pepi. The bloke offers little in attack. I still rate Witt higer in this regard. But he is a solid defender and likes to take the line on. With Thurston on the NQ team that all they'll require.

Because The Ox hasn't performed as expected with missed a 5/8 with flare. I expect to see Monas at 5/8 before the season ends.

Also consider sending Burns to PL when Ballin is fit.

I am dissapointed for one reason I wanted to see him with the #13 on his back :)

I agree with Pepi. The bloke offers little in attack. I still rate Witt higer in this regard.

Witt was terrible in attack, he would just grab across the field and give the outside backs no room. Burns is better in all areas!!!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8