Question about the opposition coach Friday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not my favourite son. I consider him a hypocrit really. He banked on the loyalty of the senior playing group to keep them together and then showed none himself quickly taking away the joy of our GF win. Bad form and it is difficult to forgive him for that. He left a mess behind for Toovs who did a mighty job in the circumstances.

He can go and get @@@@ed as far as I am concerned. As others have said no issue with him (or anyone leaving) it was how he tried to tear this club apart and at a time when we should have been celebrating that gf win of '11.

Now I wish him no actual harm, but he's done his dash for me.

I'm still really fond of Des tbh and have never felt bitter about his departure. I do get a chuckle that he hasn't been as successful at the Dogs though. I think some of the things that he has done have been blown out of proportion and his departure was not the only tumultuous one from the last 5 years

As it stands,

He has been involved with half of our premiership wins. 2 as player and 2 as coach

He coached our side to the biggest ever grand final win against one of the scummiest teams ever

He coached a 2nd grand final victory knowing very well that he would probably be departing before we even made it to the grand final. That's a lot of **** to have on your mind and still take out the big one

When he left, I think he knew very well that we would be in good stead with Toovey remaining behind to take up the head coach role. In fact, I think he wanted to see Toovey get the role

The only thing I would question him about is Watmough's contract. That contract was just dumb on all levels

I hated him when he abandoned us, but of course four years later the hatred is not as strong and has turned to more of a dislike. Will never forgive him for what he did and would never want him around this club again, but like I said I don't hate him anymore. But regarding the team, there are many more words than hate that I could use to describe the Bulldogs @:D

you had me guessing, then i realised it was garry not harry. with such a forgettable name its easy to get it wrong!
Two possibilities, Garry Who or perhaps Harry Hoo..
93591098_1397510229.jpg

I still find De$'s betrayal to the fans, his players and his club one of the most unbelievable and shocking things in my personal history as a lifelong Manly tragic.
I also find the media's switch from Des bagging to Des worship incredibly annoying and ridiculous. The angry whinging coach is now the funny, super intelligent, mad scientist.

Living surrounded by donkeys fans - many I know were quite vocal about not wanting Bennett back, even though Bennett's move away from the donks was honest and out in the open long before it happened. Needless to say they changed their tunes once the donkeys suddenly became a force again.
It would be interesting to see how the Manly faithful reacted to a De$ return.

My opinion -
He lost his Manlyness in October 2011 and is now limp as wet lettuce.
The opposite of our most recent ex-coach.

+ Devastated when he left us, because boy, is he a master coach

+ Happy to accept anyone they put in as coach (as long as I can whinge about what I think their deficiencies are)

+ I thought Des was risk adverse. I thought he didn't give juniors a shot enough.

just interested to see where everyone's heads at in regards to Des now days.

I know turning the clock back 4 years ago I was leading the chorus on here for him to be lynched at Brookie (Jks).

But being honest now my stance has softened. I despise the dogs but I have no hate for des, the bugger still makes me laugh with some of the stuff he says in the media and I really hope that some stage in the future he comes back. The way I see it he owes us fans a premiership for the one he spoiled in 2011.

What about everyone else?
It's a NO from me

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7