Quantum physics and computing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
There is a really fantastic (and large) article in the IT section of the SMH today. It is available online at
http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/one-qubit-at-a-time/2006/03/05/1141493547589.html

It looks at upcoming issues with the size of processor pathways (Moore's Law hitting the wall) and the possibilities from work being done on processors using atoms based on quantum physics principles. :!:

Complex problems could, in a decade, be solved almost instantaneously.

Quantum computing is pure insanity: quantum entanglement and all that stuff blows my mind!

To truly understand the bizarre nature of quantum computing, check out this link. It basically describes research that describes a computer program that worked successfully without ever being run.

Crazy. Crazy. Awesome.

To truly understand the bizarre nature of quantum computing, check out this link. It basically describes research that describes a computer program that worked successfully without ever being run.
That is really crazy Narcissus. I think the fascination is the inability to get our heads around what is happening, except that we know that it just is.
:!: Maybe using the article you referenced and the Zeno effect King could score 10 tries a game but never actually get on the field..... :dance:

Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop: Nerd Alert! :cop:

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

we are getting dangerously close to AI

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4