QLD Cup Round 2, SC Sea Eagles Vs Central Comets - Result

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Final Score:

Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles 18

Tries:

Darcy LUSSICK 2, Ben WHIDDON

Goals:

Dennis SANDOW 2, Michael CHAPMAN

Central Comets 32

Tries:

Karl JOHNSON 2, Junior AURU, Josh BISHOP, Ben HUNT, Matt MINTO

Goals:

Ben HUNT 4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The SC Sea Eagles have had a loss in Round 2 without their playmaker and regular Halfback Trent Hodkinson.  On a good note though, Manly import Darcy LUSSICK scored himself 2 tries.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Almost guaranteed now, he'll run out for the Eagles tomorrow.

Good luck to the kid, there will be a LOT of pressure on him to perform, especially from the people on this website.

I hope he and Kieran carve them up, all we need now is Hoppa Jnr at Fullback and the "new breed" will all be on show

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I doubt \"Mr Safety First\" will take that option BE...maybe in a few weeks.
oi tramby get it right
its mr risk adverse :D

I won't be riding Hodkinson.  I just want to see how he goes and I'm excited about a possible new halves combination.  That needs a few months to get going and to see a few wins with him there would be good.  All I want to see is new possibilities.

They were lost today without hodko. They had no leadership. Cherry-Evans has skill he just has no timing. If he held it up for a few seconds more he would have s bigger impact.

Our backrowers were all good but spent much too much time defending. Lussick may make it he is a work horse but needs another player to guide him into the holes. Not there yet but does enough work to get there one day.

Paulo is a leader but plays too flat and I think if you pit him through a fitness regime could make a decent 11 or 12 but they seem to be bulking him up for front row but have him on and off every 10 minutes.

There were close to 40 dropped balls in that game I reckon. But if hodko does that much for the team I look forward to tomorrow because that was not the same team that won last year. Though I still think that le strange drove the ff win last year.

Nice to meet you jatz too

Dan link said:
They were lost today without hodko. They had no leadership. Cherry-Evans has skill he just has no timing. If he held it up for a few seconds more he would have s bigger impact.

Our backrowers were all good but spent much too much time defending. Lussick may make it he is a work horse but needs another player to guide him into the holes. Not there yet but does enough work to get there one day.

Paulo is a leader but plays too flat and I think if you pit him through a fitness regime could make a decent 11 or 12 but they seem to be bulking him up for front row but have him on and off every 10 minutes.

There were close to 40 dropped balls in that game I reckon. But if hodko does that much for the team I look forward to tomorrow because that was not the same team that won last year. Though I still think that le strange drove the ff win last year.

Nice to meet you jatz too
thanks for the info dan
its a good day out at stockland

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=182724.msg255593#msg255593 date=1269070129]
oi tramby get it right
[/quote] Risk Averse mate.  No "d" makes quite a difference. 

Dan has quite a bit of that wrong actually. I will start with the forwards.

We are saved. Morewood was superb today. led from the front with the toughest metres and brilliant offloads and all in a massive rain squall and bruising hail. But still he created time & space for the halves. Unbelievable. With our forwards depleted, expect to see Morewood back in the NRL very soon.

Paulo looks the goods boys. He stands deep and runs onto the ball with ferocity. Blinding speed for a big fella. Could probably go 80 mins.

But the big news from todays game is Dal Cherry Evans. His timing is second to none. Put so many of the back row in to gaps (especially Lussick) i lost count. probably needs to develop his skill level a bit but get him to Narrabeen and all will be fixed.

Get excited guys. We have depth all the way to the Sunshine Coast.

Might see if I can report back more tomorrow.

Jatz you were too busy being awe struck by finally meeting me obviously either that or you were watching the comets and thinking they were the eagles.

Mullaine would have looked good in the eagles yesterday

Dan link said:
Jatz you were too busy being awe struck by finally meeting me obviously either that or you were watching the comets and thinking they were the eagles.

Mullaine would have looked good in the eagles yesterday

It must have been one large hailstone that hit you in the head Dan. I could tell you loved Morewoods play when you screamed out "I want more wooooood"

he plays for Sunny coast so I would say he is still contracted

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=182724.msg255594#msg255594 date=1269070343]
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=182724.msg255593#msg255593 date=1269070129]
oi tramby get it right
[/quote] Risk Averse mate.  No "d" makes quite a difference. 
[/quote]

D is for Donut, 12 of Cliffy's favorite friends :)

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8