Q & A-Important please read below

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Q & A-Important please read below

The Q & A's must have just been put up as i can see them now. 

Still a big concern that foran has not signed his new contract. It is months now since he supposedly agreed to resign. 

What is the next step with Brookvale Oval and any upgrade plans? Will the hill be replaced by a stand?
Shane from NSW

I have a meeting with the council today and we’re in the early stages of negotiations with them. At this early stage there are no plans for a stand on the hill.

How are negotiations going with Steve Matai and is he any closer to signing?
Mick

Things are going on well. We are optimistic about Steve re signing and of course we will let our members and fans know first when a decision is reached.

What has happened to the additional $100 fee season ticket holders like myself paid in 2009 to “guarantee” priority seating in any potential Jane Try Stand renovations?
Rod from NSW

We have a list of those members who paid the extra $100 to get their priority seating and at the moment are holding on to this as the stadium works are still up in the air. As soon as we hear a definite you will be the first that we contact to make sure you’re looked after.

I would like to ask why this Sunday’s game is in Gosford. The game against the West Tigers would have drawn a big crowd at Brookvale regardless of what day it was played.
Keith

The decision to move two games to Gosford in 2010 was a strictly financial decision. The simple fact is that the Club can gain a larger revenue by holding the game at Gosford than it can at Brookvale and to secure our future this is what we need to do. We obviously love playing at Brookvale but with crowds decreasing sometimes it isn’t financially viable. However, if you were at BlueTongue on Sunday you would have seen a sellout crowd with a large number of very vocal Manly supporters. The players loved it and it showed in their performance.

Has Foran actually re-signed with us, and if so, for how long?
Kate

As with Steve Matai, everything with Kieran is going along nicely. We hope to let our members and fans know what’s happening soon, so keep your eye out.

Do you favour Des for State of Origin coach in 2011 or would you see it as a burden to the Club?
George – manic Manly member!

Des would be an ideal candidate for the position, he’s a fantastic coach.

Will the Club look to reopen the forums for members again in the future? Also what is the Club’s stance on ‘rewards’ for members that retain their MWSE membership year after year?
Mike

The Club is not looking to reopen the members’ forum in the near future. Instead we are looking to utilize other social media avenues such as Facebook and Twitter to engage members and fans and setting up an interactive members-only section of the website – so make sure you get signed up.

In regards to ‘rewards’ for members we’re actually getting ready to move over to a new database which will help us ensure we have the correct members history. Once this is set up we’ll look to introduce a recognition program based on consecutive years of membership.

Why are injury updates sometimes not accurate?
John, NSW

As we hope you understand, sometimes it’s hard to estimate how long it will take a player to recover. We don’t want to place any extra external pressure on the player in their recovery process.

We only want out players to take to the field when they have been given proper rehabilitation and are 100% ready to be back on the field. Therefore, we can give the public an estimated amount of time, but the accuracy can alter slightly.

well that was worth the wait , still nothing they can tell us and if those were the only questions that we the fans asked we must all be a very placid mob , sorry but to me that just seems to be the same bull that the club is puttting out ,just hang in there and all will be well ,its taking under the radar to new levels ....

I think Mud they were inundated with Questions, and I'd be surprised if they just didn't pick the first 8-10 to answer, don't stop sending them in as we want this to go for lomger than one week.

I'd be amazed if it was the first 8-10 received. More likely the easiest questions. I'll see how he goes next week (benefit of the doubt).

tookey link said:
The Q & A's must have just been put up as i can see them now. 

Still a big concern that foran has not signed his new contract. It is months now since he supposedly agreed to resign. 

Forans re-signing has got to be the most important piece of imformation from the Q&A's.  Now we know that he never signed anything.  Worrying stuff.  I hope they can do someting quick smart to sign the guy up.  This has been dragging on for far too long.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
We obviously love playing at Brookvale but with crowds decreasing sometimes it isn’t financially viable.

The writing really is on the wall isn't it?  Any doubters now? 

This would perhaps explain why his predecessor was very pro-active about seeking media comment in the week before a Manly game, often needling opposition fans.  Might be a strategy worth revisiting?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4