Public apology to Bob Fulton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
While I have the greatest respect for Bozo, I can't help but notice the teams fortunes turned around after the showdown between Tim Cleary and Bozo....

Just get the feeling Barrett has been able to coach the team his way now rather than have someone over his shoulder.

i would like to apologise for the harsh criticism directed at Bob Fulton in the past regarding our recruitment of players and staff.

Losing Jamie Buhrer hurt but I can see the logic behind it.

It is a results driven business and your recruitment of players and staff is showing very good signs.

I was wrong and I now why you are known as the IMMORTAL

I wish You health and happiness

And I thank you for the success you bring our club

Bob Fulton the Immortal
Great post feathered friend
Very humble and gracious post
Very classy King2213
234d1341238007-question-all-great_post.jpg

The club is more settled and it appears our new CEO Tim Cleary is a big reason for that and it is nice that he and Fulton have been able to work towards the common cause. TB also looks a lot calmer and the team is developing into a really good team. All good signs for the future!

Bozo football expertise is second to none.

There are some aspects of his administration that our outdated.

They seem to have been resolved

Even an immortal has the ability to learn new things and make mistakes.

But his football knowledge is truly worthy of being the immortal
I never doubted Bozo the Great. He only ever had the best interest for Manly in mind.

While we're digging up his past recruits we probably need to add these to the list:

Cliff Lyons, Des Hasler, Chris Close, Ray Brown, Dale Shearer, Noel Cleal, Ron Gibbs, Les Boyd, Michael O'Conner, Kevin Ward, Ian Roberts, David Gillespie, Craig Innes, Terry Hill, Mark Carroll, Nik Kosef, Geoff Toovey, Jim Serdaris, Steve Menzies, Daniel Gartner, Danny Moore....
Boom Tish!

Bozo is my hero and I am pleased to eat Huble pie when appropriate as success tastes great. BUT I still consider serious mistakes were made previously in respect of player retention and signings. Signing Walker as 5/8 was foolish but he was always a gun centre and that's where he has found his rightful home - but we suffered a great deal last season whilst that failed experiment persisted. Recruitment is made harder when you don't have someone who can turn rocks into diamonds. I have previously said TB was't the man and I hope he continues to prove me wrong. Go the Eagles! i am pleased to see the players happy and exhibited great comradary. Very positive sign. A happy squad is a vital ingredient in the recipe of success.

Personally I can say that I never bagged the guy out but...

I believe the sentiment of this thread is a little premature. For example, if the best his recruitment does is get us to 6th place after 9 rounds then so what?!

I think we should wait a while longer (like say when we feature in the finals) before we get too cute and cuddly about the whole thing.

While we're digging up his past recruits we probably need to add these to the list:

Cliff Lyons, Des Hasler, Chris Close, Ray Brown, Dale Shearer, Noel Cleal, Ron Gibbs, Les Boyd, Michael O'Conner, Kevin Ward, Ian Roberts, David Gillespie, Craig Innes, Terry Hill, Mark Carroll, Nik Kosef, Geoff Toovey, Jim Serdaris, Steve Menzies, Daniel Gartner, Danny Moore....

IIRC from reading The Strife and times of Paul Vautin, the club was actually interested in Ellery Hanley before Bozo stepped in and said if we were going to get a Pommy player then we should target Kevin Ward.

We got Crusher because Bozo brought him with him from Easts. Des was a teacher at Scott and Brett Fulton's school. He insisted we sign a teenage Dale Shearer before any other club (and the QRL) got their hooks into him and he was astute enough to get Michael O'Connor before his price would have undoubtedly gone up after the 1986 Kangaroo Tour.

And in the case of the past couple of years, it may have been painful for a while getting ride of players like Matty Ballin, Gutho and Ferris, but I think we are headed in the right direction with players like Walker, Taupau, Hastings and even Sironen. And remember it was Bozo who came in and convinced DCE to backflip on his Titans deal and re-sign with us.

Last edited:
It seems to me, as a complete outsider, that Bozo definitely helped stop the rot after Gift wasn't offered a new contract. I think a massive player cleanout was inevitable after that. Too many of the senior players had an axe to grind and lost all their passion to play well in the Manly jersey.

As has already been said on here, the big difference this year seems to be in the leadership. Joe Kelly came off to me as an incompetent weasel working far out of his depth. The biggest problems at the club were cultural and he only let them fester.

Cleary seems to have the sack to actually make the changes that needed to be made, whatever they were... And now that we've had a few weeks of everyone being on the same page it seems to be translating to results on the field.

The biggest battle that the club faces in the future is for its own soul in my mind. Will we fight to protect the legacy of the club? As long as Brookie is called "Lottoland" the answer to that question is no.

Said from the start that Fulton saved Manly's bacon when he was invited back to repair the damage and get us back on the road. He's done a great job. My only complaint has been his apparent desire for power beyond his purview in the club and tendency for nepotism with his family. Certainly dont want to lose Fulton, but just hope he accepts the limitations of his role.

Let's talk about who he signed decades ago. He's done nothing recently. He deserves no apology, until we actually do something and are in a better place than when he rejoined us. We've only won one more game than we've lost this season. Please. He's decimated the club. Got rid of good people that deserved to be there and replaced them with family and friends.

Bozo is my hero and I am pleased to eat Huble pie when appropriate as success tastes great. BUT I still consider serious mistakes were made previously in respect of player retention and signings. Signing Walker as 5/8 was foolish but he was always a gun centre and that's where he has found his rightful home - but we suffered a great deal last season whilst that failed experiment persisted. Recruitment is made harder when you don't have someone who can turn rocks into diamonds. I have previously said TB was't the man and I hope he continues to prove me wrong. Go the Eagles! i am pleased to see the players happy and exhibited great comradary. Very positive sign. A happy squad is a vital ingredient in the recipe of success.
Mmmmmm ....... Huble Pie......

One swallow does not make a summer. Everyone's comments can only be validated by the full seasons performance. Let's see how the recruitment stacks up around September. It looks promising at this stage of the season.

Pretty sure he'd never apologise to me or anyone else that he's pissed off, so I'll join him on that.

i would like to apologise for the harsh criticism directed at Bob Fulton in the past regarding our recruitment of players and staff.

Losing Jamie Buhrer hurt but I can see the logic behind it.

It is a results driven business and your recruitment of players and staff is showing very good signs.

I was wrong and I now why you are known as the IMMORTAL

I wish You health and happiness

And I thank you for the success you bring our club

Bob Fulton the Immortal
I never thought Bozo was doing a bad job but at the same time I would still prefer Buhrer coming off the bench than Lewis Brown

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8