• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hi all,
I am thinking of lashing out and getting myself a new toy for Christmas.
I have always been a Playstation owner but I am thinking of going to the "darkside" and getting an X-Box.
We currently have a Wii but its a bit "meh" for real gaming.
Any thoughts/recommendations??
I have seen 4gb up to 250gb PS3's & X-Box's.
I love my sports games.
Big fan of the soccer games, cricket and of course league. I would enjoy an AFL game if they could make a decent one.
I have a 9yo and a 6yo and I might let them have a turn if they are really really good.
So in summary, whats the better console for sport/family games.
Cheers and Merry Christmas

Hiya,

I'm a fan of x-box. However that's because I am a fan of the halo series and need for speed. I haven't owned a playstation since the first or second version came out.

So, in conclusion, someone else needs to reply I guess!

PS3 controllers are comfortable

Depends on if you care for halo more than hand comfort,I got my ps3 to play a multitude of games

I hate playing first person anything with a controller

So I got PS3. I've always had Playstations and the brother-in-law made a valid point about already knowing all the button configurations etc. Figured there'd be pro's & con's to both. But anyway, went with the PS3.
So, I was a massive fan of G1 Jockey. Anyone played G1 Jockey 4 or Champion Jockey on the PS3? Are they any good? If they are just as good as G1 jockey then I'd be happy. As long as it's not a step backwards.
Also, I see Ashes Cricket 2013. Any good?

Clint said:
So I got PS3. I've always had Playstations and the brother-in-law made a valid point about already knowing all the button configurations etc. Figured there'd be pro's & con's to both. But anyway, went with the PS3.
So, I was a massive fan of G1 Jockey. Anyone played G1 Jockey 4 or Champion Jockey on the PS3? Are they any good? If they are just as good as G1 jockey then I'd be happy. As long as it's not a step backwards.
Also, I see Ashes Cricket 2013. Any good?

Terrible news

PS4/Xbox one are coming out at xmas

Whoever sold you the ps3 needs to be fired

Being a fan of halo. I just got an xbox(360)

I know it's about to be surpassed, but I'm a patient man.

globaleagle said:

Haha - you are like my brother-in-law. He is mad for his Sony games, but is still playing his PS2. He is not buying a PS3 until he has completed all his PS2 games. Not sure if it is patience or just being a tight arse. ;)

Clint said:
globaleagle said:

Haha - you are like my brother-in-law. He is mad for his Sony games, but is still playing his PS2. He is not buying a PS3 until he has completed all his PS2 games. Not sure if it is patience or just being a tight arse. ;)

lol, you just keep your eyes off my butt mister!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4