Proud Old Manly supporter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Thought last nights effort deserved another stand alone thread to compare the efforts of the boys on the field to our champion 1978 Grandfinal winning team.The look on Chock laying on the ground willing to himself to stand and run,Foz throwing himself at everything that moved,Killer just being killer and Gifty just busting ass to try and get the job done reminded me of the 1978 team who played 6 sudden death final games including two replays.
I know you have to have a few summers on you but sitting in the sheridan stand the comparisons to the efforts of Randall( 6 needles to get through) Bombthrower,Frog Eyes,Steven Knight,big John Harvey,magilla and the toughness of both Martins were just there to be applauded.Headlines in 1978 paper written by the late Allan Clarkson said- "the most courageous effort in the history of the game"
Lets just hope that our guys get there just rewards this year and f.ck everyone other club,official,comentator and journalist who are stupid enough not be Eagles.
Go Manly you champions
Go manly

those were the days my friend when league was tough 2 reserves and last man standing my only beef with last night was we get penalised 6-1 in second half yet it was 4-2 our way in the first half a massive turn around and they were allowed to slow us down and billy grubb was off side all the time and no penalty but we showed them what true grit is about and they will be looking over their shoulders next time we play at BROOKIE
manly 4 eva a champion team will always beat a team of champions

This is part of our club's culture and it is why we are always contenders. Which is why other supporters fear our team and claim to hate us, but secretly admire us.

Over the years we have been blessed to see many great sides win premierships. The 78 team in my eyes and I am biased has been our greatest team, they defied so much to triumph, what I saw last night, especially the heroic defence reminded me of that team.

I was there.

Eadie could only see out of 1 eye ! in the Final v Wests. He barnstormed his way to the tryline in GF. Sharkies backs were scared to tackle him.

Phantar said:
Alan (one L) is still with us. He spoke at Moose's funeral two years ago.

Great post though.

Apologies,I hope no one was offended.
I have still have the article in an old scap book with stickers bought at the ground.
Go manly

That effort in 1978 was incredible, as was 1987 when we played the Chooks at the SCG to get to the GF (or it may have been the game before that...anyway I went to each Semi Final that year and the GF), now that was a game!!

That was in fact the GF that day, once we won that one I knew we could not be beaten in the big one.

But I'll tell you, from another that has been watching the game for a while, that game on Monday night was a Herculean effort

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2