Proud of the effort and 9 days

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well done boys 16-0 we could of folded but came back and were the better side for the last 60 minutes. We had enough ball to win that game, tough loss but not panic stations yet!!!

Now we have a 9 day break before playing New Zealand Warriors next Saturday who will be coming off a 6 day turnaround.

Then we play parramatta only 5 days after, think after losing tonight at home we will have something special planned that night.

There was enough there tonight I saw to think we will make the 8 this year probably 6-7th.

As others have said you have to remember this a completely new team and it takes time to gel. When we do click I think we have a dangerous footy team on our hands the question will be , are we going to leave it too late to make a run for September??

Not a bad game to watch live at Brookvale this evening.

Remember we had Jake T, DCE, Tom S, Jamie B all on the sideline tonight.

Onto the warriors in 9 days time!!

Last edited:
I agree that 1st 20 mins let us down tonight but after 3 games in 10 days and a couple of big names missing we looked pretty good for the rest of the game, we were the better side and just lacked abit of cohesion and polish!!

If J Turbo was playing their hooker doesn't score those tries plus I think DCE with his kicking game woulda swung the game our way.. Koro had a blinder and that pass to Stewart comes off every day of the week just unlucky that time!!

If we win next week which I think we proudly can, we will be 3-3 I'll be happy with that start to the season! Was always gonna take abit of time and I think we r well on the way to being a brilliant team!!

This year look very much like last season.

We need to be at least 5/10 to have any hope of making the top 8 this year.

The 4 players out tonight will all be in our top 17.

Once all are back we need to win 3-4 in a row.

This year look very much like last season.

We need to be at least 5/10 to have any hope of making the top 8 this year.

The 4 players out tonight will all be in our top 17.

Once all are back we need to win 3-4 in a row.

Be round 9 - 10 by then. Will we have enough time?

Thank God for a 9 day break eh.

Hope Symonds and Jake are back next game.

I thing both Jake and Tom will be back next week. I say DCE will be back a week earlier to play vs the slime at brookvale on Thursday 14th of April!!

Very proud of the boys and especially Api he has had a rough year and he deserved to have another chance.
Hope we play him in the halves fulltime with DCE. Walker to centre Matai to reserves or bench. Next week we should get the 2 points with Jake T and Tom Symonds back. Team should look like this next week.

1.Stewart
2.Tafua
3.Lyon
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Walker
7.Koroisau
8.Lawrence
9.Parcell
10.Myles
11.Symonds
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic

14.Brown
15.Lussick
16.Mateo(only used in short spells)
17.Vave

We should only kick from outside the oppositions 20. No kicking from inside the 20.

I think 5 from 10 is going to be a big ask for this side still very much coming together.

At what stage they'll " click " and start a winning run I dont know but I fear it won't be with enough time to feature in the top 8.

Im not suggesting we are spooners or anything , but I just don't think we will jag enough wins to be contenders.

Naturally very happy in the improvement from games 1-2 but it still is work in progress.

I think 5 from 10 is going to be a big ask for this side still very much coming together.

At what stage they'll " click " and start a winning run I dont know but I fear it won't be with enough time to feature in the top 8.

Im not suggesting we are spooners or anything , but I just don't think we will jag enough wins to be contenders.

Naturally very happy in the improvement from games 1-2 but it still is work in progress.
I'm tipping us to probaly finish 6 points out form the 8 so probably 14 or 13 on the ladder. We won't beat warriors next week and parra the next possibly lose to Knights at hunter stadium where they look very strong. Then we have Cowboys, Broncos, sharks and the bye and we probably won't get another win till possibly round 13 or 14. Will probably be another long year but until Lyon Matai and snake retire I can't see us making the 8 this year or the next. they are playing horrible and need to make way for inform young guns like walker and Koroisau and Trbojevic.

Very proud of the boys and especially Api he has had a rough year and he deserved to have another chance.
Hope we play him in the halves fulltime with DCE. Walker to centre Matai to reserves or bench. Next week we should get the 2 points with Jake T and Tom Symonds back. Team should look like this next week.

1.Stewart
2.Tafua
3.Lyon
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Walker
7.Koroisau
8.Lawrence
9.Parcell
10.Myles
11.Symonds
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic

14.Brown
15.Lussick
16.Mateo(only used in short spells)
17.Vave

We should only kick from outside the oppositions 20. No kicking from inside the 20.
Go look at starlings stats and tell him to play reggies!!!

I'm tipping us to probaly finish 6 points out form the 8 so probably 14 or 13 on the ladder. We won't beat warriors next week and parra the next possibly lose to Knights at hunter stadium where they look very strong. Then we have Cowboys, Broncos, sharks and the bye and we probably won't get another win till possibly round 13 or 14. Will probably be another long year but until Lyon Matai and snake retire I can't see us making the 8 this year or the next. they are playing horrible and need to make way for inform young guns like walker and Koroisau and Trbojevic.

Where do you get some of this stuff from? Newcastle look very strong at Hunter Stadium?!? They were 4 from 12 in 2015, with a draw there in 2016.

We'll fukn smash the Knights up there on April 25.

I was unimpressed by the lack of creativity in our opponents twenty but Thursday night was definitely a corner for us. That's the first game I've seen us absolutely dominate our opponents for quite some time. If our forwards can give DCE that kind of flat footed defence to run at (and if our set plays look sharper) we'll beat a lot of teams.
I've got a feeling DCE won't be out for 4 weeks. I reckon he will be back for the eels game.

Yeah I've also got the feeling that DCE will return before we've been led to believe. If not the Speels game then definitely the the Knights.

We actually have another 9 day break between the Speels and Knights games. That might work in our favour.

Yeah I've also got the feeling that DCE will return before we've been led to believe. If not the Speels game then definitely the the Knights.

We actually have another 9 day break between the Speels and Knights games. That might work in our favour.
Apparently DCE was meant to be out for a lot more weeks then 4 but is having a good recovery but I think him getting up for the eels game is a big ask.

Where do you get some of this stuff from? Newcastle look very strong at Hunter Stadium?!? They were 4 from 12 in 2015, with a draw there in 2016.

We'll fukn smash the Knights up there on April 25.
So you think we will come away with the 2 points in NZ against warriors? And the eels who are in some good form? It looks very likely also that Knights won't be easy at home they lifted against raiders a lot.

Good lord. Are you for real? You want us to dump Snake, Lyon and Matai all at once and you think we will improve? If so you are dumber than i thought.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6