Pro's / Con's for this weeks team:-

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steven Bell
04. Steve Matai
05. Chris Hicks
06. Travis Burns
07. Matt Orford
08. Brent Kite
09. Michael Monaghan
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Shayne Dunley
15. Luke Williamson
16. Mark Bryant
17. Adam Cuthbertson

1. Our backline looks a lot quicker with quick wingers / pacey centres. Travis Birns seems to have a fair amount of acceleration. Brett Stewart of coarse needs not be mentioned...we know he is blistering.

2. Jason King. This is where we will fall down if we fall down. He STILL has no mobility, and whenever he is marker, opposition teams run around him with quick men. His metre gaining ability is non descript.

3. Luke Williamson is on the bench. I'd rather a prop, or a player that adds impact like Rose, but I'd expect Willows usual worker gameplay, whereas he's not seen to do much on the field.

4. FINALLY - Adam Cuthbertson. I hope he eats this opportunity up with both hands. Make it impossible for Des to drop him when Leuluai comes back. I'd say Willow will HAVE to make way then.

5. Orford / Burns seemed to gel better than Monaghan / Orford. Monaghan STILL has the problem of trying to do too much, and I hope he just focuses on being dummy 1/2.

6. Dunley still has impact off the bench. I hope he lifts this week at home. I still think he has a crap load to offer.

All in all, a more sound team selection. I still think Ballin should be there for Monaghan. I also think Rose should be there for King. If these were to happen, I'd have to have Monaghan at 5/8, Burns to Premier League (for now). I'd also leave Cuthbo in ther for Williamson.

Ryan, you say in one sentence that Orford and Burns gel better but then say you would rather see Monas at 5/8 and Burns in PL?? Why wouldnt you just put Monaghan in PL instead of Burns.

easy $240K

Remember though Doug...like it or not, Dessies VERY adverse to change, and he wouldn't drop a $240k per year player in Monaghan, or a whatever Dunley is on.

King being in the team should tell you that.

I think, while I think Burns is a better option at 5/8 on the last game I saw, Burns would be the one dropped if it came to it.

Your not keen on Dunners eh?

King being in the team still would probably show how adverse to chance Dessie is EVEN when it is warranted.

I took it as your view rather than being what you would expect to happen. That was why I didnt understand.

King is in the side this week as we have no one else really.

I am not sure about Burns being dropped, Des seems to like Burnsy.

At least we have seen a change. Burns, Cuthbo, Roberston. All great decisions.

Even better is none of this 1 to be omited rubbish.

At least we have seen a change. Burns, Cuthbo, Roberston. All great decisions.

Even better is none of this 1 to be omited rubbish.

There is 1 to be omitted mate.

Ryan didn't put it up.. stephenson is the 18th man and may come in should matai not prove his fitness!!

sorry. Sometimes it would help if I read the facts before reading ryans posts.

Well, I hope stephenson gets the nod. Matai is struggling and his defence is very questionable.

Des wont drop Monas for a guy whos never played an NRL game. When Ballin does get his chance it will be off the bench like Burns did. Ballins first target is to dismantle Dunley... Should happen sooner or later when Dunley gets placed on the report for kicking/spitting/high tackle/punching/arguing/assaulting a referee/etc. God i hope he does it quick too.

I wonder if Monas/Ballin can goto lock if BK or Beaver retire.. Ballin plays 2nd row as well.. and Monas can probably adapt.. good ball player and good defence.

Just a thought.

I'd like to see if we could pick up a big name second rower like Ben Craegh or the likes, and Cuthbertson could play lock.

There will be a fair amount of cash spare when Beaver / BK retire.

Apart from Ballin every Des had no choice on the team - matai is injured as is rose and arnold, lulu is suspended again.

I agree that Monas should be 5/8. But I'll pay close attention to Burns this game, see if he stacks up.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4