Prop for 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
we also got caught for something others were doing
but its not just cap management that distorts the game

the independant commission and the integrity unit are as toothless as asic and the accc and funded as an illusion, at arms length to seemingly protect the integrity which is the only aim

i doubt the game wants to catch another rort anyway

storm got done by disgruntled employee. roosters would never be that stupid
cant remember how the dogs and oasis thing went down but they kept there entire squad from memory

Bulldogs were also done by a disgruntled employee / contractor, who by the way was of Greek descent but not from the same village as Politis and PVL...

We have enough money invested in the prop position if you include Jake in that position. However, the way we have spent the cash is pretty poor.

We have

1. Aussie International - Jake
1. Starting quality NRL prop - Aloiai
2. Potential but works in Progress - Paseka, Keppie
2. Fringe first graders/depth - Sipley, Boyle
2. Unkown - Bullemoor and Condon

Basically we have too much money invested at that bottom end. I get these guys aren't on huge money but 6 contracts are still being paid. I've got nothing against Sipley but at best he is your 4th prop. Why did we extend him recently when we have a heap of those type of players.

If you could turn the contracts of Paseka, Sipley and Boyle into another 700/800k player like Flegler or Leniu then I think you solve a lot of the issues. Unfortunately, that's likely fantasy land given you need takers for those guys.

But if you could run out for the same dollars spent a Jake, Aloiai, Leniu, Keppie rotation with Bullemoor/Condon and the youngsters for depth, then you are on the right track.

I'm going to wipe all data and stored memory of our forwards from my mind .... I'm going to adopt the view, that for the past 4 years they have been coached poorly ... and fed on a vegan diet ..

I will only accept what I see this year as an indication of their individual and collective "pack" abilities ... and in doing so, without evidence, assume that Seibs and Flanno have put them back on a hunt, kill and eat it raw diet ...

Australians are an apathetic and uneducated bunch in reality, who surrendered there spirit, by chucking stones and insults at those who refuse to. get a job, have a bath, stop screwing with progress, must be a hippy
Blaming the victims! Yes to uneducated, no to apathetic and surendered their spirit. If you're ignorant you'll blame the wrong people for your ills or else feel too disempowered to do anything.
Education is the answer. Go teachers, lol

Well, I didn't only mean professional schoolteachers. All teachers, coaches, leaders, parents, mentors.. lift your game! (especially the disgraceful so-called political leaders)!

Blaming the victims! Yes to uneducated, no to apathetic and surendered their spirit. If you're ignorant you'll blame the wrong people for your ills or else feel too disempowered to do anything.
Education is the answer. Go teachers, lol
Funny how we see things differently. My immediate response was no to uneducated, yes to apathetic. The ole 'she'll be right' attitude lets smart people stand by while dumb decisions are made.

Like a desperate poker player, we're all in on Paseka, Keepie, Ailoi and Sipley with the last three having contract extensions. We all know when on their day they can look really formidable, but alas we haven't seen this sort of form for quite some time. But definitely think this is the year our all in bet is guna pay off.

Like a desperate poker player, we're all in on Paseka, Keepie, Ailoi and Sipley with the last three having contract extensions. We all know when on their day they can look really formidable, but alas we haven't seen this sort of form for quite some time. But definitely think this is the year our all in bet is guna pay off.
We still have a few BBs held back in the form of our youngsters.

Sipley's extension surprised me a bit. He's very popular and no doubt a good influence around the place but if a couple of the young guns kick on his place is under threat. I had quite high expectations but thought he'd have had more impact than he has so far.

If you could turn the contracts of Paseka, Sipley and Boyle into another 700/800k player like Flegler or Leniu then I think you solve a lot of the issues. Unfortunately, that's likely fantasy land given you need takers for those guys.

Ummm, you still need 30 players in the squad.

So you have Boyle who would be on min, you let him go and whoever you bring in would be in min....so no saving.

Toff wouldn't be on too much....maybe 200k or just over??

I think between the 3 of them you'd be lucky to hit 700k. That means if all three left you could sign two min players for 240k then 1 player around 460k

So you have Boyle who would be on min, you let him go and whoever you bring in would be in min....so no saving.

I think between the 3 of them you'd be lucky to hit 700k. That means if all three left you could sign two min players for 240k then 1 player around 460k
I hear what you are saying - but either way too many mediocre guys on 200-400k in there.

I say the main reason we resigned Keppie, Boyle and Toff was to free up money for a big name prop.
With these guys on close to min contracts excluding Keppie that would be on a touch more. This has put us in a good position to make a big play for a big time player up front.
We missed out on Flegler but at least we know our intentions and area to be addressed.

@SeaEagleRock8 @Woodsie @Will on the hill. uneducated. i should have used smart possibly , while individually most people are quite clever, have high degrees of intellect, collectively we achieve some very poor results.

one week of turning off the tv and we get there attention collectively for a way better end game but our short sighted approach hardly makes us ironsteins. was that the ST spelling, its been a while

im certainly not aiming it as individuals or any silvertails. the type of knowledge i speak of is rarely acquired in schools and this place is pretty healthy with creative minds

the lack of spirit in people is reflective in how far they will go for a worthy cause or play the long game. we need to support peoples rights to protest more than we do even if we do not agree. certainly not brand them as being fools for having a go

i mentioned pork barrelling and gerrymander as examples. that is not a way to govern , thats about being elected again. we should never ever stand for sports rorts as example and the only people that should vote for such leaders are possibly there mums. But ...

it seems only the opposition cares and thats only to get elected

for all of australians problems politically or at NRL level if we were smart enough to stand together we would achieve a better result. but divide and conquer is the plan and we willingly play along. more often than not we are divided by a higher power, thats right rupert

call it what you will but i put myself out there with such a post. thats probably my spirit, some will say im uneducated , some a fool and they could all be right. i just hope there opinion was thunk up by them and isnt just being reactive

im james and ive committed all of the above but every day i aim to be better

Nelson would have to be top of the list.
May be more plausible with the exit of Bellamy end of the year. I would also look at Pele. Runs hard and is the alpha male type. Fitness is probably is concern to start with but could be a good impact player off the bench like leniu somewhat for penrith.. until he can start punching bigger mins out. Would be a cheaper option with a high ceiling in my opinion. Kid could be anything

Last edited:
I am really optimistic this year on Paseka.

I know many are underwhelmed but I think Seibold has taken him on as a pet project and he'll take a step forward
I really hope so , Paseka has had so much potential but we don’t always see it . Injuries have been a factor with him , I think if he can be injury free we will see the best of him after a few rounds injury free

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4