Prop for 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ben

Bencher

Last edited:
The problem with Leniu is that he is very comfortable at Panthers and probably wouldn't leave for anything less than a huge upgrade and a promise of a starting spot. If he has good management they'd encourage him to bide his time in the best team in the league, build his reputation and make his money at the backend of his career.

We have enough money invested in middles unless we can move someone like Aloiai on if he bombs this year.
Money needs to be spent retaining elsewhere.
If we had to spend money I would take Leniu if he can prove he can actually do the job as a starter and not just off the bench.
Best player is Patolo from the Dogs and would be better value for money,real hard,tough nut.

Who is off contract the following year?

Max Bradbury, Jesse Bromwich, Jesse Colquhoun, Mat Croker, Herman Ese'ese, Sione Fainu, Moeaki Fotuaika, Payne Haas, Braden Hamlin-Uele, Liam Henry, Peter Hola, Jaiyden Hunt, Royce Hunt, Jaimin Jolliffe, Valingi Kepu, Keaon Koloamatangi, Moses Leota, Ben Liyou, Makahesi Makatoa, Ata Mariota, Terrell May, Shaquai Mitchell, Francis Molo, Michael Molo, Jirah Momoisea, Zane Musgrove, Mark Nicholls, Ofahiki Ogden, Tevita Pangai Junior, Taniela Paseka, Franklin Pele, Aaron Pene, Ky Rodwell, Toby Rudolf, Jacob Saifiti, Pasami Saulo, Lindsay Smith, Tevita Tatola, Alex Twal, Jarrod Wallace

For sheer intimidation...gota be..Luke Thompson, although I think he'll be wanting around the 800k mark, but may settle for 700k.

IMO Paseka's problem is the lack of footwork when about he is about to hit the line resulting in his being a sitting duck. Maybe he doesn't change direction much worrying about his previous knee injuries. But all he needs to do is step towards the gap between defenders at top pace when he is about to hit the line and his size and the momentum will prevent him from being folded back. When you are a big body running very upright you must hit space between defenders not run into their shoulders or straight into them. Additionally tacklers may fall and he he can make a break. I saw him do it off a kick off once against the Titans. All he needs is the correct technique.

IMO Paseka's problem is the lack of footwork when about he is about to hit the line resulting in his being a sitting duck. Maybe he doesn't change direction much worrying about his previous knee injuries. But all he needs to do is step towards the gap between defenders at top pace when he is about to hit the line and his size and the momentum will prevent him from being folded back. When you are a big body running very upright you must hit space between defenders not run into their shoulders or straight into them. Additionally tacklers may fall and he he can make a break. I saw him do it off a kick off once against the Titans. All he needs is the correct technique.
Agree, he gets legs tackled too easily . A step, some bumper bars, drop his weight. He needs some more bustle or thought at contact.

he can lack second phase play and thats a thought process he takes into his runs, so he doesnt look to position himself with a thought of offloading as much as he could. Tall solid players tend to slow just befire contact to position there legs to keep the defenders at bay, giving the player space with the hands

the lack of variation in his game makes defenders more confident to committ .

early on he was very mistake free in his work, with very few dropped balls. not sure if thats connected but he does hold on to the pill with gusto where many props use that arm and the ball as a bumper bar

Jason king had similar issues early until he got angry, but his body shape got him folded quite often. Paseks has more bulk in the mid making him harder to fold but a good legs tackle gets him too often

all good props develop something to keep them relevent. Very few can run through walls for a career

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4