Proof the Roosters are not rorting the salary cap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I heard that a certain club uses its boardroom contacts to locate houses on the cheap for players to purchase and live in

The club then arranges for builders to renovate the houses for no or little cost to the player who then sells the house for a nice tax free profit

If this is completed several times for each player during their career with the club then they can stand to make serious money tax free and outside the salary cap

I thought ALL TPA’s were held individually ???

Isn’t that the reason we copped a $660k fine??
We got into trouble by mentioning the existence of 3rd party deals when speaking to potential recruits. I suspect the Rooster’s are much more hands off. For example: Uncle Nick meets a Foxtel executive and casually mentions that he would really like Cronk at the Roosters and he just happens to have a spot free. Foxtel then approach Cronk and offer him a $1.5 million a year job providing he plays for the Roosters. Cronk then shows up at Bondi and says “hi I’m Cooper. I’d like to play for you for match payments. It’s always been a dream of mine to be a tricolour”.

see. Nice and hands off.

I thought ALL TPA’s were held individually ???

Isn’t that the reason we copped a $660k fine??
Yeah im not sure how they separate it out MfB but the story I read mentioned that those 3 had separate contracts (eg Cronk with Channel 9) that are not included in the TPAs... Im guessing they are technically employment contracts - much like Ridge's brewery 'job'...

So riddle me this!!

Have we effectively come to a point now that the rich clubs just Rort the system knowingly and the NRL can either do nothing about it OR just turn a blind eye??

If so, we may well see a St George like run of Premierships for the Roosters who seem to buy million dollar players with total impunity and can absolutely stack their side with the best year in year out!!

So riddle me this!!

Have we effectively come to a point now that the rich clubs just Rort the system knowingly and the NRL can either do nothing about it OR just turn a blind eye??

If so, we may well see a St George like run of Premierships for the Roosters who seem to buy million dollar players with total impunity and can absolutely stack their side with the best year in year out!!

In the future you might have one team like the rorters with 30 amazing players and other teams with say...20 good players and 10 total thugs to "accidentally on purpose" injure some of the rorter stars to get that playing field level.

I was talking to an ex-player the other day. -1970s, fringe first-grader at a Sydney club - who was once tasked with picking up and carrying a nondescript sports bag into the Leagues Club from one of the club boss’s Houses, which contained $90K in cash. The money was then distributed among the first grade squad. We all know it, but ‘off the books’ payments like this in League have been happening from day dot.

Another puff piece most likely dreamt up by the Rorters and NRL as a salary cap scandal at the back 2 back premiers wouldn't look good for Toddles.

My heart got excited when I saw #sydneytohobart trending. I'd send the Rorters to Perth or Adelaide, but Hobart will do.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2