Princess stays an Eagle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Eagle King has belief in the local product

By DEAN RITCHIE

February 25, 2005

AFTER pledging his loyalty to Manly for another three years, front-rower Jason King last night spoke of his passionate desire to play finals football.

King, 24, was under contract until the end of this season but yesterday extended until the conclusion of 2008.

A potential representative forward, King said he wanted to secure his future before the NRL's June 30 deadline and did so by rejecting interest from rival clubs.

Having joined Manly, then the Northern Eagles, in 2001 King is yet to have played finals football – something he wants altered this season.

"I'd love to play in the finals, it would be unbelievable to do so," King said.

"Like a lot of people, I was a bit disillusioned by the Northern Eagles business and its just great Manly are back and they have rebuilt and we can now push for a finals spot.

"I have a lot of confidence in the club, they have a great administration and a great coach in Des Hasler."

A local Belrose product, King said family and friends pushed him to remain a Sea Eagle.

"I don't want to play anywhere else," King said.

"This was in the pipeline for a while and its great to have gotten this over and done with.

"I love the area and grew up in the Manly district.

"There was some talk about me leaving but all my family and friends wanted me to stay at Manly.

"I even got phone messages to say stay."

Manly executive director Paul Cummings said his club was delighted to have retained King.

"Jason is highly regarded and the type of young player and person we want as a lifetime player with the club," Cummings said.

"He has watched Steve Menzies come through our junior ranks and become one club player and there is every hope Jason King will follow the same route with similar success."

King will play in Manly's trial match against St George-Illawarra at Albion Park tomorrow night.

I guess good props are hard to come by so they signed him up for the long term.

My view on the issue is on the other thread. I'd better start picking the splinters out of my arse. :wink:

My view on the issue is on the other thread. I'd better start picking the splinters out of my arse. :wink:

I thought youd enjoy it :wink:

But seriously if mata is on the fence then he must think that King is good - unless they are in the aussie team they are not normally good enough

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2