Press Release from The Sea eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=42727&title=five-players-charged-as-sea-eagles-consider-options

Five players charged as Sea Eagles consider options
29/08/2011 4:50:00 PM
The Manly Sea Eagles will take further advice overnight before deciding if the club will fight charges laid against players from last Friday's round 25 match against Melbourne Storm at Brookvale Oval.

Glenn Stewart had his role in the incident referred straight to the NRL judiciary along with Melbourne forward Adam Blair.

Four other Sea Eagles players were charged along with Stewart including his brother Brett.

The other charges against Manly are: Darcy Lussick – Grade 4 Contrary Conduct; Brett Stewart – Grade 3 Contrary Conduct; Kieran Foran – Grade 2 Contrary Conduct; Michael Robertson – Grade 1 Contrary Conduct.

Manly chairman Scott Penn said the club needed to closely examine all aspects of the decision and the $50,000 fine placed on the club.

"The club will handle the charges against the players for contrary conduct in the normal manner.

"The fine to the club is disappointing and we will need to look at seeking external advice on the merit of the fine. We would not rule out an appeal.

"Glenn Stewart has expressed his remorse at the incident in which he was sent off. It has been a tough time for him and his team mates over the past few days but now the charges have been laid we need to calmly examine every issue. That will take time but we have a deadline of noon tomorrow and we will take up all that time.

"It is vital to every part our organisation - our sponsors, fans and players - that we acknowledge the seriousness of the incident but ensure the outcome is fair to everyone involved.

"Emotions have run high since last Friday and the comments have been relentless. It is essential that there is no pre judging taking place because of intense media speculation," Mr. Penn said.

He stressed the Sea Eagles had every faith in the NRL judicial system.

"We believe strongly in ex players having total understanding of what the current players experience in such a massively promoted and high intensity match like Manly v Melbourne in front of a near capacity 20,000 fans at Brookvale Oval."

How are we expected to mount a defense of these players when they lay charges late on a Monday afternoon and you have to defend them on a Wednesday night.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
How are we expected to mount a defense of these players when they lay charges late on a Monday afternoon and you have to defend them on a Wednesday night.

it's not like this is a fully binding court of law. You don't have a judge sitting there deciding points of law, you have ex-players hearing arguments, at time these take on a legal aspect but mainly it's reasoning for why it should be reduced or dropped

CLIT COMMANDER said:

I'd say they would of been working on defenses before today

CLIT COMMANDER said:
I would suspect they had a fair idea what they were dealing with by the 28th minute of the match. I am sure work started in earnest by the full time siren

Daniel said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:

it's not like this is a fully binding court of law. You don't have a judge sitting there deciding points of law, you have ex-players hearing arguments, at time these take on a legal aspect but mainly it's reasoning for why it should be reduced or dropped

Bit like a Russian field courts martial really.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Daniel said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:

Bit like a Russian field courts martial really.

similar but less Vodka, and you are less likely to be shot

Hopefully we challenge the grading of Lussick's, maybe get a downgrade so he misses 2 weeks. Anything more than 3 weeks for Glenn will be harsh!

They should put this up on MWSE shop. All sales go directly to paying the $50k fine.

Attachments

• GallopDoll.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 5
Lussick IMO deserved more than Glenn, he did run a long way and unlike the others it looks like he did try to throw a punch while Blair was on the ground. I reckon 2 weeks for Gift but will probably get 3 because of all the furore.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Lussick IMO deserved more than Glenn, he did run a long way and unlike the others it looks like he did try to throw a punch while Blair was on the ground. I reckon 2 weeks for Gift but will probably get 3 because of all the furore.

I'm worried that they didnt grade Gift and Blair because Galoop has told the judiciary to throw the book at them. Then Galoop wont be to blame he will duckshove it onto the judiciary.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2