Press Conference - Hasler & Kennedy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
13/03/2006
By Manly Sea Eagles

After Manly's loss to the Raiders at Brookvale a dejected Ben Kennedy and Des Hasler fronted the waiting media.

Not the start of the season you would have liked?

Des Hasler - No, obviously. They probably did the simple things a bit better than we did. I think we fought back fairly well and got ourselves in a position where we should have capitalized a few times, but were just guilty of just too many errors in the second half.

Ben Kennedy - We knew what they were going to do, they were going to come out firing and play hard, and that’s what they did, we just made way too many mistakes. It was a problem last year and obviously it’s a problem this year.

Des was there one area particular that disturbed you?

DH - Probably just our ball retention, particular in areas there where we need to build some pressure we just weren’t able to do that, particularly in the second half.

If Stewart had scored that try do you think you would have kicked on from there?

DH - It really interrupted and dented our momentum there. They responded with a penalty half way down the field and got a try on the back of it. So they went from one end and scored, we missed a try and got penalized with 6 points.

It certainly changed the momentum of the game. You have got to make the most of those opportunities, that’s what 1st grade football is all about.

How did you judge the performances of the new recruits?

DH - I thought Steve Bell was our best and Matty (Orford) is working on combinations, it doesn’t excuse the mistakes we made.

Do you think your boy's energy levels matched the Raiders?

DH – Probably not.

BK – That comes from making so many mistakes we had done a lot of tackling, you lose steam. When you get the ball and you drop again, they come back again. It really Rips the energy out of you so we played into their hands a bit.

How are you injuries wise?

DH - Just a bunch of bruises, there no worries as far as injuries are concerned.

BK - Battered Egos.

Des was there one area particular that disturbed you?

DH - Probably just our ball retention, particular in areas there where we need to build some pressure we just weren’t able to do that, particularly in the second half.

I think defence around the ruck is more of a concern...

true nutz, but if we dont give them so many sets they cant attack the ruck as often and our ruck defenders wont be as tired hence better defence - in theory. Both need to be addressed.

yeah i guess hey.. the domino effect!!

But even early on it wasn't any good they were making good metres by running from dummy half and one of the ruck plays..

It will be close, but we will lose, and everyone will be talking we improved, last years grand finalists etc...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4