Preseason.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

The Eagle Eye

Reserve Grader
Preseason has started (week one) and we need something to talk about in this forum, it's getting a bit crazy in here considering it's the off season.

Paseka looks like a beast with all that muscle, he's also the same height as Shaun Lane which is pretty impressive. I really hope he turns out like Nelson Asofa and not Tony Williams, Sipley looks like a beast and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a bench spot in the team.

Really difficult next season on who's going to be picked on the bench, Fonua-Blake and Lewis Brown are locked down on the bench. Perrett maybe but needs to be consistent, you also have Sipley and Paseka fighting for a spot, there's also Tanginoa who I rate highly. Add Gosiewski in there too.

There's also a problem, should we have 3 props and 1 utility or 2 props with a utility and a second rower. I think we started to struggle when we had 3 props on the bench since it affected Taupaus impact on the field.

Lussick also needs to step up in my opinion next season, Marty and Jurbo can't do all the hard work by themselves. I really hope he has a big year Lussick.

Our second rowers need to get more involved especially Winterstein who I reckon will have a big year next season. Sironen was great and had a perfect combination with Cherry Evans but again needs to be more involved.

I reckon our forward pack should look like this IF we sign no one.

8. Darcy Lussick
9. Api Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jackson Hastings/Lewis Brown (Most likely Brown)
15. Lloyd Perrett
16. Addin Fonua-Blake
17. Toafofoa Sipley/Jack Gosiewski

That's one hell of a strong forward pack IMO. Only concerns is if Lussick is going to play consistently well. Is Perrett going to play consistently well or should we have 3 props or just two. I'm very pumped for next season and bring on 2018.

Monster!!

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Oh yes,the stock standard pre season story.(insert name here)has come back fitter than ever.
(Insert name here)is ahead of where he was last season.
(Insert name here)is training the house down.
(Insert name here)is gunning for his Origin jersey back.
(Insert name here)has come back early.
It’s all stock standard rhetoric that every club pushes out to the supporters to encourage them to re new or get membership.They’re not going to come out and say”so and so is fatter than ever and we’re not much chance of doing very well next yr”
It all means nothing until kick off next March.And unless they sign some better players or someone from inside the club jumps out of the box,I can’t see much improvement

Oh yes,the stock standard pre season story.(insert name here)has come back fitter than ever.
It’s all stock standard rhetoric that every club pushes out to the supporters to encourage them to re new or get membership.They’re not going to come out and say”so and so is fatter than ever and we’re not much chance of doing very well next yr”
It all means nothing until kick off next March.And unless they sign some better players or someone from inside the club jumps out of the box,I can’t see much improvement

Harsh but probably true.

Maybe Lachie Croker is the man after all!

The bench should only ever have two props otherwise there is not sufficient cover for an injury to a back. Jake can play prop in an emergency. I'd love to see Tent given a chance to wreak havoc.
I'd have Croker, Hastings or Tom Wright to cover for a back, and probably Jack Rabbit to cover for a backrower/centre (if he is as mobile as I've read). I'm not a fan of Poo - I understand that even his mother is ambivalent about him being in our top 17 - so I'd leave him out. Really, if we have Poo in the top 17 we really haven't progressed from 2017, have we?

glass half empty already Nordburg?
Nordburg is right, though. This type of story is recycled every year.
Just as will be a story about the New Year's Eve fireworks being the best ever, "with a few surprises". And The Block being the biggest ever etc.

The bench should only ever have two props otherwise there is not sufficient cover for an injury to a back. Jake can play prop in an emergency. I'd love to see Tent given a chance to wreak havoc.
I'd have Croker, Hastings or Tom Wright to cover for a back, and probably Jack Rabbit to cover for a backrower/centre (if he is as mobile as I've read). I'm not a fan of Poo - I understand that even his mother is ambivalent about him being in our top 17 - so I'd leave him out. Really, if we have Poo in the top 17 we really haven't progressed from 2017, have we?

I pretty much agree ... it is good to have Jack Rabbit, Sean Lane, & Kelepi Tanginoa all vying for the bench second row spot and Lussick, Perrett, Sipley and Tent all vying for the bench prop spots and as you say Croker, Hastings and Tom Wright and maybe Cullen all vying for the bench utility with Poo being squeezed out :rolleyes:

Gees! Tell us how you really feel!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10